Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West SHAM prove that cheats DO prosper

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Gritt23 said:
And you point is?

Can't see how that gets away from the fact that they have pleaded guilty of breaking the rules, having an ineligible player all season, withholding documents, and lying about it.

The penalty shouldn't be dished out on the basis of how good or bad the player is. The fact that this guy has been so good for WHU that he has been the catalyst to keep them up, just demonstrates how much benefit you can receive from cheating.

But has this been Marlon Harewood, they should still be facing the same charges and the same penalty, which should be POINTS!

But we've admitted the charge and been punished.

The PL have 3 choices of punishments to dish out....a fine, a points deduction or both.

They chose the former.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
jevs said:
Well....aparently, there is absolutely no way the premiership will backtrack over this and if it went to court, they'd laugh it out.

And....you have your former leg-end to thank.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/6529

The new chant at the Boleyn next season......"Steve Foster me lord, Steve Foster" :bowdown:

I think you might be missing the point here - no one is really suggesting that there's any chance of overturning the Premier League's decision in law.

But it's bullshit "justice" like this (driven entirely by money and status) which is gradually switching millions of us off the Premiership. (Of course we'd watch it in the unlikely event that Brighton were in it) but in general the top layer of football is collapsing under the weight of its own bloated, greedy, self-interested, lying, ignorant, cynical body.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
jevs said:
But we've admitted the charge and been punished.

The PL have 3 choices of punishments to dish out....a fine, a points deduction or both.

They chose the former.

I know all of that.

I believe they made completely the wrong decision, and I've read their reasoning for not issuing a points deduction and the reasons range from the ludicrous to the down right insane.

They even said it would be unfair to punish the fans as they have done nothing wrong! Eh? How often are punishments dished out by the football authorities that DO relate to something that was the fans fault?

If you can name me examples of clubs who have fielded ineligible players, and NOT received a points deduction, then I may start to understand. At the moment it just STINKS.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I believe they made completely the wrong decision

You see....this is just another personal opinion. That's like saying i think Christian Ronaldo shouldn't play football because he looks like a girl.

If you can name me examples of clubs who have fielded ineligible players, and NOT received a points deduction, then I may start to understand.

For f*** sake.....the player was perfectly legible to play, it was his association with a third party that was being called into question. West ham fielded an ineligible player a few years ago when we bought on a player called Manni Ominimnyi (spelling ?) in a league cup semi final game with Aston villa.
He had previously came on as a sub for a team he was on loan to for a few minutes making him cup tied.
Harry Redknapp didn't know about it and bought him on too. West ham won the game but was made to replay it and we subsequently lost.

No club has ever been found guilty of rule 18 (which WHU were charged with) so no precident has ever been set with regards to punishments

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
jevs said:
For f*** sake.....the player was perfectly legible to play, it was his association with a third party that was being called into question.
Thats a ridiculous statement.
Its the fact that there was a 3rd party involved that MADE him ineligable to play for West Sham, because that signing was against Premier League rules. West Sham only managed to play him because they hoodwinked the Premier League when they were questioned about it at the time the deal was done (and lets face it, everyone knew last August that something smelt funny about the deal, and as it turns out, how RIGHT everyone was to be suspicious).

The fact that West Sham "graciously" admitted to the charge some six months later, after they were rumbled in January, hardly obsolves them now does it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Another point that hasn't been made is this:

When are the FA / Premier League / Football League (to use their new global brand title!) going to put their heads together to decide a proper scale of points deductions?

At the moment there is no rhyme or reasons behind the decision-making coming from the top. Where did the figure of £5.5 million come from? Would this amount have been levied on, say, Watford or Sheff Utd?

It's about time that the organisers sat down with a pen and notepad and worked out some sort of fair penalty, i.e. ineligible player = 3 point de minimis level and 1 point for every 3 matches he is registered until such time as the offence is spotted. Thereafter, the player is deemed ineligible until his playing clearance has been issued.

The Sam Allardyce bung story shows that those at the top haven't got a f***ing clue of how to run a sport, and the West Ham story compounds this view.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
West Ham were only able to sign a player of Tevez's class (and Mascherano, to be fair) because they circumvented the rules.

If it wasn't for the illegal dealings, they wouldn't have had the player (because let's be honest- if West Ham actually know what that means- if signing Tevez was simple, he'd be lining up for Man United, Chelsea, Real Madrid or Milan, not at Upton Park, and any WHU fan who thinks otherwise is delusional).

WHU have therefore signed and profited on the pitch from having a player who they would never had hold of if they had done things properly. Consequently they should have been punished on the field in respect of the impact that player has had.

We all know that the Premiership will do absolutely chuff all about it because they are utterly spineless in every "investigation" they've ever undertaken, however the point needs and deserves to be made, by EVERY other club in the Premiership, not just those involved in the relegation situation.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, how about we unpick Tevez's influence on West Shams season by deducting all his goals from each fixture he scored in, to calculate the points outcome. Obviously its not an EXACT science, as he's also been involved in numerous assists which have benefitted the team, but lets just see where it leaves us:

West Sham 3 Spurs 4 (Tevez 1 goal)
Becomes 2-4, no points difference

Blackburn 1 West Sham 2 (Tevez 1 goal)
Becomes 1-1, so 2 extra points earned

West Sham 2 Middlesbrough 0 (Tevez 1 goal)
Becomes 1-0, no points difference

West Sham 1 Chelsea 4 (Tevez 1 goal)
Becomes 0-4, no points difference

West Sham 3 Bolton 1 (Tevez 2 goals)
Becomes 1-1, so 2 extra points earned

Man U 0 West Sham 1 (Tevez 1 goal)
Becomes 0-0, so 2 extra points earned

So by my reckoning, there are SIX EXTRA POINTS directly earned by goals from Tevez for West Sham this season, and thats not taking into account the numerous assists in other crucial games (such as the beasting he gave Wigan in their 3-0 win there a couple of weeks ago).

Surely there's a case then for the Premier League to revise their decision and deduct 6 points from West Shams final tally, in recompense for the benefit they got from a player who should never have been allowed to sign for them, let alone play such a MASSIVE role in their eventual escape from relegation ?

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
jevs said:
You see....this is just another personal opinion. That's like saying i think Christian Ronaldo shouldn't play football because he looks like a girl.

What? Are you saying I'm not supposed to voice my opinion?
Get over yourself FFS. This place is all about opinion.

West Ham likes to think of themselves as "everyone's 2nd favourite club" (quote from a WHU fan the other week on Talksport) well I hope they can get used to being a number of peoples most despiced club because of the way their club has acted this season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I don't think a lot of people despise West Ham.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
jevs said:
.....the player was perfectly legible to play.

Had he signed a valid contract?
NO! (fact, not my opinion)

Does a player have to be contracted (be in existance of a valid contract) to a club to play for them?
YES! (fact - I'm getting the hang of this place after 5000 posts)

Use whatever words you like, his transfer had not been completed properly, West Ham knew it, but played him regardless.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yorkie said:
I don't think a lot of people despise West Ham.

:wave:

I do. They have contributed to bringing the game I love even nearer the gutter, and the authorities have allowed it.

It may not last, I may only dislike them emensely by next season, but at the moment I despice them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Gritt23 said:
:wave:

I do. They have contributed to bringing the game I love even nearer the gutter, and the authorities have allowed it.

It may not last, I may only dislike them emensely by next season, but at the moment I despice them.

I can understand your feelings Gritty but to be fair, you are not 'a lot of people'

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
edna krabappel said:
West Ham were only able to sign a player of Tevez's class (and Mascherano, to be fair) because they circumvented the rules.

If it wasn't for the illegal dealings, they wouldn't have had the player (because let's be honest- if West Ham actually know what that means- if signing Tevez was simple, he'd be lining up for Man United, Chelsea, Real Madrid or Milan, not at Upton Park, and any WHU fan who thinks otherwise is delusional).

WHU have therefore signed and profited on the pitch from having a player who they would never had hold of if they had done things properly. Consequently they should have been punished on the field in respect of the impact that player has had.

We all know that the Premiership will do absolutely chuff all about it because they are utterly spineless in every "investigation" they've ever undertaken, however the point needs and deserves to be made, by EVERY other club in the Premiership, not just those involved in the relegation situation.

:clap:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Don't give a flying toss if the whole world hates us....it's better to be a big club in the premiership and hated by all than "Brighton who" :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
jevs said:
Don't give a flying toss if the whole world hates us....it's better to be a big club in the premiership and hated by all than "Brighton who" :lolol:
I take it you're (wearily) admitting that your lot have indeed cheated to stay up then ?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yorkie said:
I can understand your feelings Gritty but to be fair, you are not 'a lot of people'

Very observant Yorkie, not much gets past you these days.
However, I've heard enough fans on phone-ins, and read enough fans on message boards to know that I'm not alone.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
jevs said:

So, it was fair swap in your view?

Premiership survival in exchange for £5.5m and some popularity amongst your fella fans.

In which case, congratulations of a piece of cheating that has worked our very nicely for you. You must be very proud.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
edna krabappel said:

See this is another part of the arguement. Again, i'm not saying we're innocent....we pleaded guilty and was fined as per premiership rule 18.

But does anyone not think when we signed these players, that the publicity surrounding their move to WHU didn't arouse the slightest suspicion with the PL

It was in every paper for weeks, on every sports news clip and everyone was talking about it in pubs and football grounds. Did the Pl not once stop and think "hmmmmm...something not quite right here"....because most West Ham fans did.

As i've said before, I don't care if everyone in the world hates us.....but surely the PL must take the brunt of the critisism...not WHU....we admitted it and were punished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here