Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West SHAM prove that cheats DO prosper

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
jevs said:
Don't give a flying toss if the whole world hates us....it's better to be a big club in the premiership and hated by all than "Brighton who" :lolol:

I don't hate West Ham. I work with a great Hammers fan.
What I don't like is a Hammers fan who lives in Lewes thinking he can gloat all over us.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yorkie said:
What I don't like is a Hammers fan who lives in Lewes thinking he can gloat all over us.

A few more like him and you'll be with me.

;)

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
However, you are left with a club with a dirty taste in their mouth and forever tainted by the fact they cheated. Ive never liked West Ham 'fans' due to a lot of fans treatment of Zamora, slagging off Pardew then praising him to the hilt when he won promotion, and their appalling treatment of Glenn Roeder during and after his illness. What has this so called bg club ever won? For f**ks sake, they even have a statue outside their ground commemorating another team's trophy win.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Yorkie said:

Exactly Yorkie. A so called fan who didnt even go on Sunday

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
jevs said:
But does anyone not think when we signed these players, that the publicity surrounding their move to WHU didn't arouse the slightest suspicion with the PL

It was in every paper for weeks, on every sports news clip and everyone was talking about it in pubs and football grounds. Did the Pl not once stop and think "hmmmmm...something not quite right here"....because most West Ham fans did.

There's some truth in what you say, BUT, I would assume that this is where the "withholding" and "lying" comes into it. When you first signed Tevez you'd have sent copies of the contract to PL, and it's not until months later it is revealed that something is up, and West Ham have been withholding documents and lying about matters when questioned.

Hmm, go figure.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Easy 10 said:
I take it you're (wearily) admitting that your lot have indeed cheated to stay up then ?

We broke the rules.....if you want to class that as cheating, well that's up to you.

Cheating happens all the time in football. Are you honestly going to tell me that you've never seen a BHA player dive for a free kick or penalty, because i have....and that, my little friend, is cheating.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Yorkie said:

Oh get off your f***ing high horse. Of course, i don;t suppose you've ever heard a BHA fan gloat.

And what the f*** has living in Lewes got to do with it :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Nothings gonna happen to West Ham, get over it people!

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
jevs said:
We broke the rules.....if you want to class that as cheating, well that's up to you.

Cheating happens all the time in football. Are you honestly going to tell me that you've never seen a BHA player dive for a free kick or penalty, because i have....and that, my little friend, is cheating.
and when caught, it's punished, and everyone suffers - player, club and fans. No-one at West Ham has been punished as they have made more money by staying up than they have been fined.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
jevs said:
It was in every paper for weeks, on every sports news clip and everyone was talking about it in pubs and football grounds. Did the Pl not once stop and think "hmmmmm...something not quite right here"....because most West Ham fans did.

As i've said before, I don't care if everyone in the world hates us.....but surely the PL must take the brunt of the critisism...not WHU....we admitted it and were punished.
Well yes Jevs, the PL did indeed think "somethings not quite right here" when the deal was done in August. Thats when they went to West Sham and asked them if there was a 3rd party involvement, because if there was then it would be a breach of rule U18.

West Sham then brazenly LIED to the PL about it, and witheld documents that proved that they were breaking the rules. Foolishly or naively (whichever way you want to look at it), the PL went away satisfied at the time.

This lie was then uncovered when the PL asked them again in January - the new board then admitted that the rules had been broken. Inexplicably, the PL were so weak that they didn't deal with it on the spot, and even more amazingly, they didn't suspend Tevez whilst a full investigation was launched.

THAT, my friend, absolutely REEKS. And it has made an unholy mess of the relegation issues now. The fact that West Shams conduct has not been deemed worthy of a points deduction is quite frankly, staggering.

I think a 6 point deduction is perfectly justifiable, given the formula I conconcted earlier.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
jevs said:

Cheat. vb
1. to deceive or practise deceipt, esp for one's own gain; trick or swindle.
2. (intr.) to obtain unfair advantage by trickery.

Does the word "cheat" seem to fit to you Jevs?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Gritt23 said:
There's some truth in what you say, BUT, I would assume that this is where the "withholding" and "lying" comes into it. When you first signed Tevez you'd have sent copies of the contract to PL, and it's not until months later it is revealed that something is up, and West Ham have been withholding documents and lying about matters when questioned.

Hmm, go figure.

:rolleyes: ...here we go again. The contracts were in order and all documentation was in place and correct. The only question and charge was that we broke the rule that states a player may not be owned by a third party except another prem club.

The PL wouldn't of allowed Tevez to play if there was missing paperwork or incorrect contracts.

Anyway.....i've got to go and put my daughter to bed as she ain't well.

Up the Hammers ;)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
jevs said:
Oh get off your f***ing high horse. Of course, i don;t suppose you've ever heard a BHA fan gloat.

And what the f*** has living in Lewes got to do with it :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Supporting the local team instead of choosing a team. You used to go to the Goldstone so you told us.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
jevs said:
:rolleyes: ...here we go again. The contracts were in order and all documentation was in place and correct. The only question and charge was that we broke the rule that states a player may not be owned by a third party except another prem club.

The PL wouldn't of allowed Tevez to play if there was missing paperwork or incorrect contracts.

Anyway.....i've got to go and put my daughter to bed as she ain't well.

Up the Hammers ;)

We can only guess what document(s) was withheld but it seems pretty obvious to me that it was the bit about the break clause, which meant Tevez future was in the hands of an external thrid party.

IF the contracts were in order and ALL documentation was in place and correct, what EXACTLY have you pleaed guilty to?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yorkie said:
Supporting the local team instead of choosing a team. You used to go to the Goldstone so you told us.

DONT start that argument FFS :D

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I got this reply today from the FA.
I asked them what is the position now with the FA cup game against us, now the premier league had fined West Ham.
All I get from the reply is that they are still going to deal with it, I think !!

Many thanks for contacting The Football Association and please accept my apologies for the delay in coming back to you.
The FA noted with interest the decision of the Independent Commission appointed by the Premier League to investigate West Ham United signings Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez.
Now that West Ham United have indicated that they will not exercise their right of appeal we will consider West Ham United’s position in relation to Carlos Tevez’s participation in this season’s FA Cup competition. It would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this stage but thank you once again for taking the time to write.

Kind regards,
Alex Howells | Customer Relations Officer
The Football Association
25 Soho Square | London | W1D 4FA
T +44 (0) 20 7745 4545
www.TheFA.com

Albion Rob

I suppose it's not really worth getting too wound up about. West Ham without Tevez are pretty shit and all the cheating has done is delay the inevitable for a season. I'd love it if the media actually did something like refusing to acknowledge West Ham's existence next season - not print their results, not televise any of their games and to print a 'West Ham-less' league table each week.

Oooh, I might stick a petition on the No10 website.

fosters headband said:
I got this reply today from the FA.
I asked them what is the position now with the FA cup game against us, now the premier league had fined West Ham.
All I get from the reply is that they are still going to deal with it, I think !!

Many thanks for contacting The Football Association and please accept my apologies for the delay in coming back to you.
The FA noted with interest the decision of the Independent Commission appointed by the Premier League to investigate West Ham United signings Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez.
Now that West Ham United have indicated that they will not exercise their right of appeal we will consider West Ham United’s position in relation to Carlos Tevez’s participation in this season’s FA Cup competition. It would be inappropriate to make any further comment at this stage but thank you once again for taking the time to write.

Kind regards,
Alex Howells | Customer Relations Officer
The Football Association
25 Soho Square | London | W1D 4FA
T +44 (0) 20 7745 4545
www.TheFA.com

That means "we still don't know what we ought to do"

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gritt23 said:
And you point is?

Can't see how that gets away from the fact that they have pleaded guilty of breaking the rules, having an ineligible player all season, withholding documents, and lying about it.

The penalty shouldn't be dished out on the basis of how good or bad the player is. The fact that this guy has been so good for WHU that he has been the catalyst to keep them up, just demonstrates how much benefit you can receive from cheating.

But has this been Marlon Harewood, they should still be facing the same charges and the same penalty, which should be POINTS!

The point is who cares ? It's not going to have any effect on us so why get involved ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here