Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham win Olympic stadium bid

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
What was the cost of building the Olympic Stadium?

What is the cost of changing it to West Ham's ground just a year or so after the Olympics is finished?

Wasn't it about half a billion ? A figure of £95m has been mentioned to get it to how we want it.

Does look quite nice.

What are your feelings towards it? there is a couple of season ticket holders at work who are against the idea completly

Feels very strange...will be sad to leave the Boleyn after so many years of happy...and sad memories. But it's a nightmare around the area...the roads get congested badly on match days and parking can be a nightmare.....although ive never had a problem parking. We'll never fill 60,000 unless they reduce ticket prices and we're in the top 4....both as unusual as hens teeth.
it should be a promising venture though but unless the dildo brothers invest in the team, there's only one way were going.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
All the focus has been on the identity Tottenham are giving up by relocating but West Ham themselves will be moving 5 miles away from their roots into Orient territory.
Its a good point. I wonder if we'll see an AFC West Ham springing up with their fans moaning about 'Franchise Olympic'? How far do new owners have to move a club from it's home territory before it's deemed 'a 'franchise' a la the MK Dons?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Originally Posted by Pavilionaire
All the focus has been on the identity Tottenham are giving up by relocating but West Ham themselves will be moving 5 miles away from their roots into Orient territory.

3 miles max if you want to be pedantic.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Great news for Hammers fans and one in the eye for that scruffy Lordship whose name escapes me.
This is an opportunity to watch Premiership games at West Ham and Brighton games in the Championship,there are many people who commute who can use their rail season ticket to attend West Ham, providing of course that Hammers are not relegated and we secure promotion.

SUPERSEAGULLS953

Jan 28, 2011
Why should we feel sorry for them i mean they cheated with tevez and now i cant see sheffield united recovering from their posistion down west ham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here