Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham win Olympic stadium bid

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Poor West Hame fans. Can you imagine a more soulless shithole to watch football in?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If it were in our backyard and we moved to it I wouldn't go within a mile of, as said above, some soulless bowl. Feel sorry for Hammers fans too.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
long way to go yet:

"Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC) executives have decided the offer from the club is a better solution than the rival bid from Tottenham.

The OPLC board will be asked to support the view and announce the Hammers as preferred bidder on Friday.

The government and London's mayor, Boris Johnson will then take a final decision in the coming weeks."

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not great news for Leyton Orient. Gotta feel sorry for them.

Was thinking that myself for all of two seconds Phil, til I remembered what they have done at Brisbane Road in the past couple of years to oppose it.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Do you have a source somewhere? Cant seem to find confirmation?

Regardless the biggest lossers as phil said will be Leyton Orient. I cant see West ham ever filling it though?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Poor West Hame fans. Can you imagine a more soulless shithole to watch football in?

Feel pretty sorry for them. This is awful for the club and fans in the medium to long term. They'll never fill it and it'll be a downward spiral of shite atmosphere and dwindling crowds.

By the time the dust has settled sullivan, gold and brady will have f***ed off with bucket loads of cash from an investor interested in the stadium not the football club - I suspect that was the intention from day 1.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
West Ham dont fill the Boleyn Ground so have no hope for the Olympic Stadium but at least Gold and Sullivan can sell off their ground and clear the debts the Icelandic chap left them with assuming they own the Boleyn Ground.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Cannot describe how happy I am :clap2:.

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
I don't think there was any way Spurs were going to get it and take away the running track. Not really possible to have an 'Olympic Stadium' without one. Correct decision IMO, but don't think it will do West Ham fans any good in the long run.

As already said though Gold, Brady and Co won't give a toss - just glad we didn't end up with Gold involved with us.

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
They won't fill it, they'll probably go broke trying (lets see if they can repay Newham Borough), and our olympic stadium will house a league one club within five years.

More Olympic leg end than legacy

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Glad Spurs didn't get it (I imagine their fans are pretty chuffed as well, one in the eye for the directors) but can't help but feel its going to a disaster. Look at clubs who moved to grounds with running track (Juve & Espanol off the top of my head), feel for Leyton Orient as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here