Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Ticket Details announced

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
sully said:
In the meantime, could the club please issue a ticketing policy that it actually intends to implement when the need arises rather than starting with a blank piece of paper each time and making it up?

The policy is:

Save all possible stubs from all home/away games in whatever cup competition we happen to play in.

If we are drawn AWAY, then stubs from AWAY games will ensure priority. However, we may decide not to include all away games in this rule.

If we are drawn at HOME, then stubs from HOME games will ensure priority (although as we haven't had a high demand home cup game yet, there may still be an opportunity to change this.

What makes this "policy" so ridiculous is that for some reason the club decided to ignore the away Carling Cup game at Southend, choosing instead a completely meaningless JPT match.

If we beat (or draw with) West Ham I fully expect the allocation for the potential Withdean follow-up to require something along the lines of one stub from the Boston Carling Cup match in August, plus another stub from (say) the Boston JPT match in October.

In future we will have to try and second guess whether we are likely to be drawn at home or away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, and choose our games accordingly.

And let's also remember that STH who pump close on £500 into the club every year are deemed to be no more deserving than an AMS member who paid a one-off fee of a tenner several years ago.

Call me cyncial if you wish
:)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Jim in the West said:
The policy is:

Save all possible stubs from all home/away games in whatever cup competition we happen to play in.

If we are drawn AWAY, then stubs from AWAY games will ensure priority. However, we may decide not to include all away games in this rule.

If we are drawn at HOME, then stubs from HOME games will ensure priority (although as we haven't had a high demand home cup game yet, there may still be an opportunity to change this.

What makes this "policy" so ridiculous is that for some reason the club decided to ignore the away Carling Cup game at Southend, choosing instead a completely meaningless JPT match.

If we beat (or draw with) West Ham I fully expect the allocation for the potential Withdean follow-up to require something along the lines of one stub from the Boston Carling Cup match in August, plus another stub from (say) the Boston JPT match in October.

In future we will have to try and second guess whether we are likely to be drawn at home or away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup, and choose our games accordingly.

And let's also remember that STH who pump close on £500 into the club every year are deemed to be no more deserving than an AMS member who paid a one-off fee of a tenner several years ago.

Call me cyncial if you wish
:)

100% totally agree. Season ticket holders should be guarenteed a ticket in the eventuality of a reply.

If not the person deciding this needs their head examining.

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Jim in the West said:

A completely meaningless match that netted the club around £15,000 from gate receipts, £9,000 in prize money and the opportunity to earn a lot more in the latter rounds.

:shootself:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is a BINFEST on a par with the whingeing about tickets for the play-off final, in which NSC went into meltdown.........and then we failed to sell our full allocation.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Jim in the West said:

What is also amazing is that we had a dreadful gate against Northwich and a poor crowd against Stafford. STHs who attended those games may well be behind fair weather fans who only bother to go 6 or 7 times a season.

Somebody at the club has a contemptuous attitude towards the STHs. This is unbelievable as gates are plummeting at Withdean. Probably the reason why occasional fans are charged too much is that the STHs were taken for a ride 3 months before the end of last season.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
El Presidente said:
This is a BINFEST on a par with the whingeing about tickets for the play-off final, in which NSC went into meltdown.........and then we failed to sell our full allocation.

I don't think it is to be honest, for me there is an issue at stake.

This is more along the lines of the Spurs game where season ticket holders (not me) lost out.

They shouldn't lose out, or be in danger of losing out at the expense of casual fans.

Possibly we won't sell out for West Ham, but having spoken to some very committed fans at SOL who lost out for Spurs against some (who lets be honest didn't even know some of the players names), I've with them on this 100%.

(A nice guesture would be guarentee those people who missed out and have retained their season tickets a ticket for this game. It wouldn't have been hard to find out)

Before the spurs game I spoke to someone who had readily admitted he had 10 tickets which were going to his Arsenal supporting mates !.

He did this by getting away member details of people who weren't going to the game and he and them had registered a few of their family on the off chance they wanted to attend a game.

That's the problem with the away system when used for ticket allocation. It doesn't register how many games anyone has been to.

The situation was changed slightly, but frankly season ticket holders should get first choice.

I didn't have a season ticket for the third division game against Chesterfield, but didn't moan when I didn't get a ticket.

Last edited:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Of course,the answer could be to play to our usual FA cup form and make a quick exit in round 1!

About five or so years back, the Club floated a proposal to give season ticket holders priority for cup tickets.

This was strongly resisted by a lot of supporters living away from Sussex who argued (on NSC and elsewhere) that their loyalty was not being fairly recognised.

Hence the decision to prioritise members of the AMS equally with season ticket holders.

People who are now speaking up for season ticket holders seem to have forgotten that earlier campaign.

My reading of the situation reported by Insider on Ask The Club is that, three days into the period when ticket applications were invited, there hadn't been a sellout. In those circumstances, I'm inclined to think that if you don't get a ticket, it's your own fault for not acting fast enough. Don't blame the Club for your tardiness.

With only 900 Albion fans having Millwall stubs, and 5,000 tickets on offer, it doesn't take a genius to work out that at least 4,100 tickets will go to people who haven't got Millwall stubs. The ONLY fans who haven't got any priority status are non-season ticket holders who have NEVER bought an away ticket from the club's ticket office.

I feel a poll coming on.

Last edited:

clippedgull said:
Is there an official number of STH's published or are we just guessing that there are 4,000?

I think that figure is too high?

No I don't think it is, in fact I think we have a few more than 4,000, I seem to remember Insider giving this info out in one of his many answers.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
clapham_gull said:
I don't think it is to be honest, for me there is an issue at stake.

This is more along the lines of the Spurs game where season ticket holders (not me) lost out.

They shouldn't lose out, or be in danger of losing out at the expense of casual fans.

Possibly we won't sell out for West Ham, but having spoken to some very committed fans at SOL who lost out for Spurs against some (who lets be honest didn't even know some of the players names), I've with them on this 100%.

(A nice guesture would be guarentee those people who missed out and have retained their season tickets a ticket for this game. It wouldn't have been hard to find out)

Before the spurs game I spoke to someone who had readily admitted he had 10 tickets which were going to his Arsenal supporting mates !.

He did this by getting away member details of people who weren't going to the game and he and them had registered a few of their family on the off chance they wanted to attend a game.

That's the problem with the away system when used for ticket allocation. It doesn't register how many games anyone has been to.

The situation was changed slightly, but frankly season ticket holders should get first choice.

I didn't have a season ticket for the third division game against Chesterfield, but didn't moan when I didn't get a ticket.

There is no perfect solution, but I cannot agree that AMS should have equal status to STH. There will be some AMS who should qualify to have equal status because they have atteneded most away games over many years, but there will others who have attended just one or two.

My own situation proves the inequality. My son and I have been STH for many years, but my partner is an AMS who has attended just 4 or 5 games in 4 years! I will be delighted if all three of us get a ticket for West Ham but, in all honesty, I could never justify her getting one ahead of any STH.

Until and unless there is some way of ranking AMS members - very difficult, I know - STH should have priority.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Knotty said:
Until and unless there is some way of ranking AMS members - very difficult, I know - STH should have priority.

Bit of a watershed this one for me now, didn't think we'd sell out when 1st announced (assumed £30+ a ticket) but the reduced prices has clearly got Albion fans coming out the woodwork. IF I don't get one as a STH, then I really will consider not renewing next year because I can't get to every game and retained being a STH just for this the sake of this type of big cup game scenario. No point or incentive to if the casuals can turn up and enjoy a game with a roof over their heads against quality opposition; whilst I sit in the pissing rain watching us get thrashed against the likes of Blackpool etc each week and pay for the 'previlage' months in advance every year.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
portlock seagull said:
Bit of a watershed this one for me now, didn't think we'd sell out when 1st announced (assumed £30+ a ticket) but the reduced prices has clearly got Albion fans coming out the woodwork. IF I don't get one as a STH, then I really will consider not renewing next year because I can't get to every game and retained being a STH just for this the sake of this type of big cup game scenario. No point or incentive to if the casuals can turn up and enjoy a game with a roof over their heads against quality opposition; whilst I sit in the pissing rain watching us get thrashed against the likes of Blackpool etc each week and pay for the 'previlage' months in advance every year.
I think you speak for a lot of STHs. This ticket policy will cost the club dearly.
Also think that casual fans are being fleeced at home league games. The anti-football crew in Lewes must be delighted that we aren't getting the 7800 crowds we should be and the STHs are getting peeeed off.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I completely agree, that every season ticket holder deserves high priority, at least for a limited period, but I think its a little less clear cut than this image of super loyal sth on one hand, and lazy once a year 'casuals' on the other.

Firstly, how many STH didn't bother going to the Northwich and Stafford games. I don't remember any bleating about priority then.

Secondly, loosen up on this 'casuals' thing. A casual fan might be somebody's cousin, whose last two games have been at the MillStad and Spurs. Alternatively, he might just be someone like me, or Hiney, or many , many others who watch 30 games a season, home and away, but for various valid reasons, cannot commit to a season ticket.

This is in no way a rant. If I get a ticket that's great, and I'm pretty sure I will. If I don't, its not the end of the world - I'll be going to Bournemouth in the league and Bristol City in the JPT that week anyway.

Every home game for me is a 170 mile round trip, and I probably only miss 4 or 5 per season. I take my two boys to half of them and I spend hundreds on xmas presents in the club shop.

I'm not looking for a medal, or a badge, or a slap on the back, or uberfan status - I just felt it worth pointing out that not everyone who doesn't have a STH, has been sitting at home with their feet up since Spurs.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
hans kraay fan club said:
I completely agree, that every season ticket holder deserves high priority, at least for a limited period, but I think its a little less clear cut than this image of super loyal sth on one hand, and lazy once a year 'casuals' on the other.

Firstly, how many STH didn't bother going to the Northwich and Stafford games. I don't remember any bleating about priority then.

Secondly, loosen up on this 'casuals' thing. A casual fan might be somebody's cousin, whose last two games have been at the MillStad and Spurs. Alternatively, he might just be someone like me, or Hiney, or many , many others who watch 30 games a season, home and away, but for various valid reasons, cannot commit to a season ticket.

This is in no way a rant. If I get a ticket that's great, and I'm pretty sure I will. If I don't, its not the end of the world - I'll be going to Bournemouth in the league and Bristol City in the JPT that week anyway.

Every home game for me is a 170 mile round trip, and I probably only miss 4 or 5 per season. I take my two boys to half of them and I spend hundreds on xmas presents in the club shop.

I'm not looking for a medal, or a badge, or a slap on the back, or uberfan status - I just felt it worth pointing out that not everyone who doesn't have a STH, has been sitting at home with their feet up since Spurs.

I agree with everything here except with you being located in beastly Eastleigh!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
withdeanwombat said:
I agree with everything here except with you being located in beastly Eastleigh!

Luckily, I really live in leafy Chandlers Ford. I just put Eastleigh as people would know where that is!:)

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
1 STH with 2 FA Cup stubs
2 AMS with 2 FA Cup stubs
STH with 1 FA Cup stub
3 AMS
4 General sale.

No priority system is perfect but the present is taking away the incentive of going to Withdean.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
mona said:
1 STH with 2 FA Cup stubs
2 AMS with 2 FA Cup stubs
STH with 1 FA Cup stub
3 AMS
4 General sale.

No priority system is perfect but the present is taking away the incentive of going to Withdean.

I don't agree that Home cup stubs or a Home season ticket should give priority over Away cup stubs.

That could mean Home season ticket holders who never travel away (unless it's a big game) getting a ticket over the like of me, who go to about 60% of our games a season spread over Home and Away fixtures.

The system in place is fair, let's leave it at that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here