Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Ticket Details announced

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
tinx said:
ok so i wet to millwall and have my stub so will get my ticket but i want to go with mates who missed millwall can i apply for them as well so we are allocated seats together r am i penalised as i will have to sit on my own. my guess will be that it will be sit where you like as everyone will want to be with their mates anyway.
I am in a situation probably quite similar to a lot of people. I

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I went to Millwall and have a ticket stub. However, I want to go to the West Ham game with my 2 year old son who didn't go to Millwall (for obvious reasons.)

I phoned the ticket office and was told that if we applied together then the application would go to the bottom ie with apllicants who did not go to Millwall and are either just STH or AMS. Did not want to take any risk so I've just applied for myself

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
How can an AM who perhaps last watched the game at Cardiff be treated the same as a STH? That STINKS.

You didnt have to be an AMS to go to the Mill Stad, unless you mean Cardiff City

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
The Junior Seagulls priority thing has the Coach household split (although Lil Coach is a season ticket holder so no worries there!) but his friends aren't.
The parents take them to family stand matches when at home, as the ages we're talking about are a bit too young to do long distance travelling, so I say the majority of parents of Junior Seagulls wouldn't be away members - aha, there-in lies the problem! The club says Junior Seagulls are one of the priorities for tickets, BUT on enquiry (as in one of the other cases above) if the parent isn't an away member, they would go to the bottom of the pile.
Surely a seven year old couldn't travel by himself to West Ham?!
Shouldn't they have said - a junior seagull and ONE parent (even if a NEW away scheme member) or not have bothered at all?

Mr Coach says he reckons all parents of Junior Seagulls would be away members already (well I know of many in the situation above!) so there wouldn't be a problem.

Anyway - c'est la vie. The ones being put to the bottom of the pile are being registered as new away members anyway, so this problem shouldnt' come up for them in the future. But it would happen for the parents in the same situation next season/season after?
Might be something for them to take into consideration for next time.

Mrs C.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Sent in my AMFA application,though the ticket office said I have little chance.My query re new AM prospects brought a no chance reply.

I've travelled many a weary mile,seen the Albion on almost every ground in the Football League and I'm including clubs now in the Premiership,I'm in the Seagulls Party,BHACHS,AND came to the recent programme fair(no ticket needed!),AND have my letter from Dick Knight thanking me for my donation to the club when the appeal was on a couple of years ago............................

.....................and I STILL think season ticket holders should get first go at these tickets for the reasons others have stated.And good luck to them.

.....................and I STILL intend to get to the Bristol City game,even if it is only the lower division cup,though I expect to be able to pay on the gate for that one!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
withdeanwombat said:
Sent in my AMFA application,though the ticket office said I have little chance.My query re new AM prospects brought a no chance reply.

I have only received my AMS form from the ticket office today, so I can't post it until tomorrow, together WITH a Millwall ticket stub.

Am I wasting my time?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
withdeanwombat said:
.....................and I STILL think season ticket holders should get first go at these tickets for the reasons others have stated.And good luck to them.

Season ticket holders do get 'first go' at these tickets. What you meant to say is 'I think it should be STH only for a period long enough for me to get my application in.'

If you are a STH and got your application in at the Swansea game I'm sure you'll get a ticket.

If you didn't post your application at the game, then take this as a lesson; if you want tickets to events that will sell out quickly - GET IN EARLY. Stop waiting around for someone to say you deserve a ticket more than the next man.

FYI - I am not a STH. I applied for my ticket at the Swansea game and so have given myself every chance I have of getting them. STH will rightly take prioirty. But not the lazy ones.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Trouble is whatever way things are handled, for these games there will always be arguments somewhere along the lines. At least this time the club snapped up the full allocation as soon as they could rather then umming and ahhing. I'm a STH and AM (have been since it started), no I didn't go to Millwall, and the only away games I've been to this season have been pay on the gate (Yeovil, Rotherham and Doncaster). Therein lies the problem with the points scheme someone was talking about earlier, for these matches (apart from 200 at Donny) you couldn't buy tickets through the club, so that would mean no points for POTG matches. Surely you should get more points for Carlisle away then Forest or Millwall away? But if the tickets can't be sold through us then how would the points be added up. I agree in principle it's a good idea, but can see it falling at that hurdle.

I've also spent best part of £200 in the club shop this season, and buy programmes each match, and still donate to the begging bowl from a couple of years ago. What do I win? :lolol:
Put my application through the door on Monday night, so should be fine, hopefully

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
DJ Leon said:
Season ticket holders do get 'first go' at these tickets. What you meant to say is 'I think it should be STH only for a period long enough for me to get my application in.'

But that's incorrect. AMS and STH are getting 50% of the tix each, after the Millwall stub holders have been dealt with. Equal priority between these two groups.

IMO that's not the fairest/best way - STH should have a (short) period to apply first, followed by AMS.

Anyway, looking at the Ask the Club forum, it appears that after yesterday's post - Wednesday morning (which INCLUDED all the applications left at the Swansea game) it is not yet a sell out, so all those who applied at the Swansea game should be sure of a ticket.

http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92935

timbha said:
Insider

appreciate your responses so far. Do I detect from your replies/advice that the rumours that tickets have already sold out are a bit premature?

Have applications already exceeded supply?

Can the club get more tickets if needed?

thanks

Reply by Insider
Hadn't sold out after opening all of yesterday's post.

No.

No.

Should I start a rant about how pathetic our support is, if we can't get enough people to ensure that the West Ham tickets get sold out in two days?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The main problem here is that the club have not followed it's published policy for selling tickets for high demand games - YET AGAIN!

The last time they went against the published policy - Spurs - they then published a revised policy which gave no priority for any game attended. So why are they now doing that? We should all know that tickets will be allocated 50/50 STH/AMS on a first come first served basis. End of.

Whilst I think that policy is actually wrong, because you don't actually have to go to any games at all except the high demand ones to have the same priority as a 10-year season ticket holder, that is the stated policy of the club and if they keep chopping and changing, we will all get pissed off in the end.

The only time I haven't got a ticket I wanted so far was the Grimsby debacle (though I did get some in the end and went to the game). However, I am concerned at some of the comments above reportedly coming from the ticket office staff.

I put in my application on Tuesday morning before the shop opened. In the envelope was an application for 2 season ticket holders and 2 kids who are AMS members and Seagulls Club members. If that envelope get put to the bottom of the pile because it contains a combination of qualifications, I will be hopping mad. What is so difficult about running through them in order and putting people on different lists - as they have done in the past? It's not rocket science and not in the least bit difficult. Anyone who has done cricket scoring would find it a doddle (checking off the total runs, for the uninformed). They don't even have to be issuing the tickets at the time, it can all be sorted out as to who qualifies for tickets first.

Phew. I feel better for that, but expect a longer rant if I don't get tickets!!

In the meantime, could the club please issue a ticketing policy that it actually intends to implement when the need arises rather than starting with a blank piece of paper each time and making it up?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Lord Bracknell said:
But they haven't sold out.

What's the problem?

I'm sure I'll get tickets.

My problem is just that the club published a policy for issuing tickets for high demand games - and then ignored it.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I can't believe we haven't sold out yet!

Surely they just haven't processed all the applications, that's why it's not officially Sold Out. ???

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
sully said:

My problem is just that the club published a policy for issuing tickets for high demand games - and then ignored it.

I agree with you.......why change the published policy.
I sit opposite a West Ham season ticket holder at work and he thinks I'm taking the piss about how we apply for tickets and when you look at it is there any other club that process ticket applications like this? He loved the bit where you have to put a code on the envelope and then post it in bucket with a programme seller !!! He laughed out load when we said a lot of people are posting them throught the club shop letter box !!! Anywat he won't be lauging when we beat them again....what a fun day out he had with us last time !!!

Cocksucker Blue

Sep 3, 2006
? I heard that the club got 1500 envelopes on Tuesday and Wednesday and tickets will probably have gone once they open them.

Cocksucker Blue

Sep 3, 2006
..and why the stupid 8 letter codes which are too similar to each other? There are four groups, so why not just have a, b, c or d? Or something meaningful like a big S for season ticket holders, a big A for AMs etc. Easier for the ticket office surely?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
sully said:

Totally agree.

I'm not going to throw my dummy out the pram if I don't get a ticket, but to be honest you can't have a system in place where a person who could have possibly gone to ONE away game (Millwall) gets preference over either season ticket holders or people who regularly travel away.

I'm sorry that just doesn't make sense.

No system is perfect, but why keep moving it about.

I posted above the perfect system in the future is a "loyalty card".

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Unless i'm confused how have they changed it

It used to 50% / 50% season ticket holders, then away members, then free for all.

(am I wrong...? - was it 60 / 40 )

Now in each of those groups they've given preference to those who had a Millwall stub.

I think the previous systm was slightly unfair on season ticket holders, but now potentially casual away members have been placed above the pecking order of season ticket holders.

I was out of the country for Millwall, but that's beside the point. If I had KNOWN that a Millwall ticket would have helped me get a ticket - I would have bought one even though I couldn't get to the game.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here