Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham Ticket Details announced

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
jonny.rainbow said:
I don't agree that Home cup stubs or a Home season ticket should give priority over Away cup stubs.

That could mean Home season ticket holders who never travel away (unless it's a big game) getting a ticket over the like of me, who go to about 60% of our games a season spread over Home and Away fixtures.

The system in place is fair, let's leave it at that.

The same season ticket holders who pay £500 a year and lost their cup voucher this year.

No system is perfect but the current one is far from it.

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
clapham_gull said:
The same season ticket holders who pay £500 a year and lost their cup voucher this year.

Well the amount of grief the club got out of the free home cup game voucher over the years i'm not surprised they dropped it. I don't pay for my season ticket so i can get a free game watching the reserves. :bla: :bla: :bla:

Besides, with or without the voucher, Season ticket holders, quite rightly, still and always will have first dibs at seats for home cup games.

My point is a lot of Season Ticket Holders are Fairweather Away supporters.

Should they really get a ticket for an Away game over the diehards who travel to Carlisle and Doncaster?

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
jonny.rainbow said:
Well the amount of grief the club got out of the free home cup game voucher over the years i'm not surprised they dropped it. I don't pay for my season ticket so i can get a free game watching the reserves. :bla: :bla: :bla:

Besides, with or without the voucher, Season ticket holders, quite rightly, still and always will have first dibs at seats for home cup games.

Should they really get a ticket for an Away game over the diehards who travel to Carlisle and Doncaster?

Totally agree with the above.:cool:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
jonny.rainbow said:

A lot of season ticket holders aren't fairweather fans - and a lot of away members only go to all the away games.

In my opinion the current system is unfair on season ticket holders AND die hard away fans.

Maybe blah, blah, blah but I'd like the tickets to go to fans who go to the most games (and not isolate a single game to give priority)

My overall point is the club need a way of measuring support.

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
clapham_gull said:
A lot of season ticket holders aren't fairweather fans - and a lot of away members only go to all the away games.

In my opinion the current system is unfair on season ticket holders AND die hard away fans.

Maybe blah, blah, blah but I'd like the tickets to go to fans who go to the most games (and not isolate a single game to give priority)

My overall point is the club need a way of measuring support.

There is another overlooked supporter.

People like me that can't afford to pay up front, but shell out for EVERY home game, so supporters like me actually put more into the club than STH's! Plus don't get the same seat every game (which is a kind of bonus!!).

But agree that the club need a way of measuring attendees and prioritising big game tickets. Obviously STH's should get first dibs.

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Was talking to a Wycombe fan at work today and the future many of us are infering is actually being used there. They have a proper CRM system which measures fans loyalty through recording your attendance via the tickets you've previously bought. Besides CRM offers a host of other business efficiencies.

If they can afford it, we should be able to. As someone's already said, the problem is we start with a new blank piece of paper everytime and manually process things. Wow betide the STH with a slow postman......

The club will certainly need to explain itself if hundreds of STH fail to get tickets for this game when 5000 were available. More than a couple of people will be annoyed even if STH arethe target of ridicule by some on here. They're the financial lifeline of the club and there's no getting away from that. They need to tread very carefully in the money-age when fan's became 'customers'.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
portlock seagull said:
Bit of a watershed this one for me now, didn't think we'd sell out when 1st announced (assumed £30+ a ticket) but the reduced prices has clearly got Albion fans coming out the woodwork. IF I don't get one as a STH, then I really will consider not renewing next year because I can't get to every game and retained being a STH just for this the sake of this type of big cup game scenario. No point or incentive to if the casuals can turn up and enjoy a game with a roof over their heads against quality opposition; whilst I sit in the pissing rain watching us get thrashed against the likes of Blackpool etc each week and pay for the 'previlage' months in advance every year.
:

: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
mona said:
What is also amazing is that we had a dreadful gate against Northwich and a poor crowd against Stafford. STHs who attended those games may well be behind fair weather fans who only bother to go 6 or 7 times a season.

Not to get off the point, but what kind of 'fair weather fan' goes to a game away to Millwall in the Johnstones Paint Trophy?

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
They have still not sold out as of yesterday and everyone has had a week to get their application in.

Why all the moaning - Just get your app in and there will not be a problem.

A 50 - 50 split is fair

Season ticket holders keep the club afloat with their £500
AMS members keep the players going on a tuesday night in Yeovil.

They are equally important in their own way.

Season ticket holders have their own seat guaranteed for home cup matches and in the first 2 rounds not all bothered.
If it was a home tie against WHU no one would be moaning.

As it is an away game the people who mainly go to away games should have as much chance of getting a ticket as a season ticket holder who only goes to the away "glamour" games

Rant Over

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
cardboard said:
They have still not sold out as of yesterday and everyone has had a week to get their application in.

A 50 - 50 split is fair

Season ticket holders have their own seat guaranteed for home cup matches and in the first 2 rounds not all bothered.

As it is an away game the people who mainly go to away games should have as much chance of getting a ticket as a season ticket holder who only goes to the away "glamour" games

Rant Over

100% spot on.

But you are still ignoring the SUPERFAN mentality amongst those who are superior to the rest of us.

We do have a high Daily Express reader coefficent who support the club who moan first and think.......never

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
cardboard said:

A 50 - 50 split is fair

Rant Over

At last the voice of reason!! :clap:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
cardboard said:
A 50 - 50 split is fair

Your observation implies that STHs don't go to away games. As it happens, as a STH I went to that game in Yeovil (although as I live in Somerset it was easy for me!). I know many STHs who also go to away games. I agree that AMS members are valuable....just not quite as valuable as STHs.,,,either the 50/50 split should be changed to reflect that, or, more usefully, STHs should have a few days priority. I'm not that concerned for myself on this occasion, but if the club wants to encourage more folk to buy Season Tickets, then it has to give them a better deal. With current gates at Withdean there is very little need to be a STH, apart from the very noble aim of helping to keep the club afloat.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
cardboard said:

A 50 - 50 split is fair

Rant Over

I still reckon it should just be sold on a first come first served basis, if people can't be bothered to ensure they get their applications in on time that is their own fault. In all the time I've been watching the Albion I've only missed out on tickets to two away games, no not the Tottenham game (where I seem to remember bumping into Mr Cardboard), but games at Bournemouth and Reading, and only because I didn't get my arse into gear. All this moaning just sounds childish to me.

(Oh, and I'm another STH who went to Yeovil)

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Curious Orange said:
I still reckon it should just be sold on a first come first served basis, if people can't be bothered to ensure they get their applications in on time that is their own fault. In all the time I've been watching the Albion I've only missed out on tickets to two away games, no not the Tottenham game (where I seem to remember bumping into Mr Cardboard), but games at Bournemouth and Reading, and only because I didn't get my arse into gear. All this moaning just sounds childish to me.

(Oh, and I'm another STH who went to Yeovil)

You are indeed correct Mr Curious, we did meet at "The Lane"

How the devil are you

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
looks like they have not even started to process them yet as millwall stubs have untill monday unless they have just kept 900 tickets aside of course

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
seven stands said:
looks like they have not even started to process them yet as millwall stubs have untill monday unless they have just kept 900 tickets aside of course

"Millwall stubs" - is that a new phrase for a "firm"?

:ohmy:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
blockhseagull said:
Inless i'm confused how have they changed it

The current stated policy (unless someone can show me when they decided to change it and informad everyone) is as follows:

CLUB STATEMENT

AWAY MATCHES – FUTURE TICKET POLICY

A number of season ticket holders wrote to the club following the sale of tickets for our recent FA Cup Game against Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane. The comments related to the way in which tickets were allocated and we received a number of constructive suggestions for future away matches that are likely to be over-subscribed. The background circumstances are as follows:

What we tried to achieve in allocating the Tottenham tickets – given that demand was way in excess of supply – was to be as fair as we could to both season ticket holders and to those supporters who travel to away games on a regular basis supporting the club up and down the country.

We have analysed the pattern of ticket sales over all our away games this season and it shows that, excluding the Tottenham game, on average 11% of our total season ticket holders go regularly to away games. For the Tottenham game the demand was far greater, but nevertheless 42% of all season ticket holders obtained a ticket. But a number of season ticket holders were disappointed.

To make sure therefore that in future high-demand away games a sufficient number of tickets are made available to season ticket holders, we will set aside for these supporters 50% of the total tickets we are given by the home club.

There will be a fixed period of 7 days for season ticket holders to apply for these tickets on the basis of one per season ticket holder. The same will apply for tickets set aside for Away Members who do not have a season ticket. The 7 days will hopefully overcome the problem encountered by supporters whose applications were delayed in the Christmas post.

If the game becomes oversubscribed, we will deal with the applications on a first-come first-served basis within each category. After 7 days any unsold tickets will be released for new Away Members.

We hope by adopting this Away Ticket policy you will be reassured that the process is as transparent as we can make it. We believe that it is fair to both season ticket holders, without whom the club cannot survive, but also to those who spend a great deal of money and time providing what is without doubt the best away support in the Football League.

So why do we now also have to retain ticket stubs?

I'm not saying that any policy is right or wrong, just that they should have one that they use every time, just so that we all know where we stand.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
sully said:
The current stated policy (unless someone can show me when they decided to change it and informad everyone) is as follows:

So why do we now also have to retain ticket stubs?

I'm not saying that any policy is right or wrong, just that they should have one that they use every time, just so that we all know where we stand.

That letter was sent out almost two years ago.

The club has since amended the policy into, in my opinion, a fairer system and good for them for doing it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
cardboard said:

A 50 - 50 split is fair

Not exactly true as the club get no financial gain out of those that went to Yeovil, I was one incidentally, but would agree that a 50 /50 split is fair.

The problems are:

1. Sally Townsend going on SCR and saying that everybody who applies that night will get a ticket.
2. Martin Perry saying (Fri Argus) that it looked like we would sell our 5,000 and that they didnt envisage requesting more.
3. The ticket office saying that they had sold out (my sons friend Tues am by phone).

Like many, I placed my request in the bins on Tuesday night as I believed the club when they said that all who did would get a ticket. Must now wait and see what happens but I feel that it needs definite clarrification from somebody within the club as to what the current state of play is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here