Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well doneto all the boo boys, read on!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Do the booers think it's just a pantomime that won't affect anything? It affects the morale, the way the club perceives the fans and it makes you look like a spoilt brat, especially after this season. You think Vicente wants to play in front of a bunch of unintelligent idiots who boo whenever things don't go their way?
And the team selection was obvious wasn't it? Injuries and testing out players who are now probably on their way out.

Exactly. I went on a bit of a rant last night on another thread. May be I said too much, but I was just pissed off that's all. I got shouted down, may what I said was wrong, but I like you I just don't think booing last night helped one bit, after the great season we have had.

I am disappointed that some people where already judging the goalkeeper last night. Frustrating as it was for some people that he did not kick it up field, he probably had clear instructions from Gus to lay it out to the defenders before doing anything else. But we must give these players a chance before passing judgement. This goalkeeper might turn out to be actually quite good.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
i think Gus has got team wrong for the last 2 games

The team he selected for Burnely was awful too. For me that was the most important game of the season and we blew it badly.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Gus is maybe 'thinking' any booing was aimed at the players and that would be a personal reflection on his decision in tinkering with a team that have played remarkably well this season until the West Ham game. In WSL near me the few comments aimed at players were for Gonzalez contribution in the first 6 mins - his poor initial distribution and positioning for the first goal and general poor passing in midfield by Barnes and Dicker giving 'hospital balls' as Watford closed us down quickly and we gave away possession cheaply. Any booing was aimed solely at the Ref and accompanied chants of 'You don't know what you're doing' - it got louder as the ref walked smiling towards the tunnel for half time as though he thought he was doing a fine job. Barnes did much better in 2nd half but needs to stay on his feet until the defender touches him not fall as soon as the ball is played anywhere near him as Ref's are wise to this now and he looks stupid doing it. Overall a great second half and a bit of luck would see us getting the 3rd goal and giving Watford nothing which is what they deserved from all the time wasting antics - Right rant over, bring on Brum ! :)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I would rather see him learn, make some big errors and then use all his energy to getting it right.

Me too as I would expect any reasonable person would. My genuine fear is that he won't "change" anything and will simply carry on doing the same thing in the belief that it will come right in the end. I'm afraid I don't share the reverence that many have, he's done a good thus far but he can't live on getting us out of L1 forever

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I personally was disgusted by the booing at half time but surely these people are morons or kids yeah? It doesn't take that many people to boo to make it sound like a lot of booing. There were two dick head lads behind us in the WSU who were booing when the team went off at half time. They were quickly taken to task by us oldies around them, thankfully they are moving to the North Stand next season.
All clubs have these supporters that think its a good thing to do but thought we didn't have too many of them, turns out we have. Would love to think its just the JCL's but looking at some the dates when these people joined NSC, some have been kicking around a while.
Can't wait for Barnsley away when only the proper supporters turn up and show what we're about.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I do not know whether the booing was for the ref or the players but lets just say it was for the players. Did they play any better the second half? Bloody right they did, so maybe it worked!

BTW, I did not boo.

With regard the goalkeeper, he was probably nervous at the beginning, so getting on his back was stupid. I though he played well after the first 10 minutes and he actually can catch the ball, as well as not drop it! He was also trying to speed play up by kicking down field quickly or throwing it out quickly. They have to mix it up in this way otherwise teams can re-group and can easily defend against us.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He really is an arrogant c unt isn't he!

I was not there, so did not boo. I am doing just as he suggests and not bothering to go to watch too much of his dire tippy tappy football. In fact, this year will see the fewest matches I have attended for many years.

However, how can a manager make statements like that? Surely he should be saying sorry for the performances, and appealing for fans to get behind the team?

I just hope he decides to walk sooner rather than later, if he is going to behave like that!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
"There's something wrong in this football club"

I agree with Gus. I've just read the Vicente thread.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Didn't boo, I'd already left for a pint as soon as we gave away that idiotic penalty...

What I did think was pretty shit though was when Gonzalez went to take a goal kick and some plebs in the North Stand decided to give it the wooooooooooooo shit that is done to the opposition keeper, yeah, that's really gonna help an already nervous player, I bet he's glad he f***ed off down the other end away from the mongs in the second half.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I can't accept booing of your own team ever. It is just never acceptable. You may as well go and sit in the opposition stands!

By all means shout and scream at the players. Scream at them to get involved, to make that ball, to attack space etc. but booing? No, that's for the people with no attachment to this club.

Silence if anything, but booing and you are a fool.

Absof***ingly this. Bu**er off and watch someone else . Get behind the lads, they knew they weren't playing well! Booing doesn't help anyone!!

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Booing your own team is pathetic and it goes on with all clubs. Its not just kids/JCLS. Its just a minority of people who enjoy moaning and whinging. Its certainly been going on at the Albion for years. I remember it well from the Goldstone. Personally I would never boo my own team. How can I can myself a "supporter" if I am not supporting the team. Surely booing them is helping the other side!?!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Booing your own team is pathetic and it goes on with all clubs. Its not just kids/JCLS. Its just a minority of people who enjoy moaning and whinging. Its certainly been going on at the Albion for years. I remember it well from the Goldstone. Personally I would never boo my own team. How can I can myself a "supporter" if I am not supporting the team. Surely booing them is helping the other side!?!

The best one ever was when we lost 8-2 to Bristol Rovers, the North Stand started to celebrate toe Rovers goals! Sorted it all out as true fans afterwards though!

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
In all my years of supporting and going to matches I have never once boo'd at our team or even contemplated it.

But ............. I am quietly disappointed by Gus I can't deny. He seems highly intransigent and some of his comments demonstrate a huge arrogance, lack of ownership and clearly he despises any personal criticism.

I've thought a lot this season how, when I watch other Managers being interviewed the frequency with which they acknowledge the fans, either for travelling or just general support but Gus rarely does this (token effort before Reading) .... he's too aloof and I can understand why some might react against him

I disagree with the booing but also disagree with Gus's comments, they should have been more measured
Completely agree with this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here