Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well doneto all the boo boys, read on!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Shhhhh you cant slag off Barnes on here remember

Barnes did actually do quite at lot of good things last night, i think what sticks more with fans is he doesn't get subed when he could be.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I heard a fair bit of booing at half time (i'm in the middle of WSU) and at first thought it was at the ref but then again it may have been at the players. Difficult to say, it's like the end of the game when you don't want to boo the ref as it may be taken as an attack on our own but you can't help yourself when you see his smarmy face making it's way to the tunnell.

Anyway, people will boo when we play that crap in the first half. I wish they didn't but you pay your money your entitled to an opinion. Like the twat behind me who asked me to sit down right at the end of the game. EVERYONE IS STANDING YOU TWAT. But I respect your request.

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought at times he was woeful.

He was at times but Painter was far worse, what i am trying to say he get's so involved because he is so committed to wanting to win his consistence will always throw up a few mistakes, but i believe he is a player that is improving and he will get better because of his attitude to want to win.............. very much like Adam El Abd.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I didn't boo and never will but if people pay their money they can do as they like as far as I'm concerned. Some of the reactions on here generally are akin to the emperors new clothes in that some of you are vehemently opposed to even the slightest criticism of Poyet however justified it is in case he is upset or offended by any of it. Poyet needs to realise he's just the temporary manager of this club but we'll be here forever so he needs to accept any flak that comes his way, in fact he should count himself lucky as the Albion fans overall have shown him tremendous loyalty and devotion even in the face of some baffling team selections and sometimes ineffective one dimensional tactics. His selection of painter and dicker yesterday was a complete mistake that anyone watching could clearly see, so some people booed so what get over it Poyet and some of you.

D

Deleted User X18H

I thought people were booing Eric Gill. He was after all a terrible artist.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So were people booing the team at half time? Incredibly stupid if so. I thought the boos were for the referee when I heard them.
There are people around me who boo some aspect of the team at every match. There was certainly some booing aimed at the players at HT.

D

Deleted member 22389

There are people around me who boo some aspect of the team at every match. There was certainly some booing aimed at the players at HT.

Like I mentioned on another thread, it was really dissapointing to hear it after such a great season at The Amex, it put a downer on things for me personally.

cookie63

Feb 25, 2012
Brighton manager Gus Poyet:
"The booing is not acceptable, I would like to tell them not to come if they don't like it, if they don't like the way we play, stay at home.

The booing was at the ref, no-one in the north booed but there were quite a few who were frustrated. But to be fair the above statement is rubbish - it had nothing to do with the way we play (even if we still pass pass pass even if the opponents have sussed out a way of stopping us by pushing 3 up and squeezing up to the half way line so we are fcking about on our own box) it was about the way we played for the first half- Watford were a yard sharper, quicker to close down and just looked like they wanted it more. We just looked like it was a training game!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The Curbishley comparison made earlier is very apt I think. As he pointed out, his problem at Charlton was with the fans who jumped on the bandwagon once they had the ground, not the long-standing support who had the perspective to appreciate what an achievement it was to even be in the top league. The vocal minority got him sacked and his successors took the club back where it had come from. I hope we don't follow that example. Most people can appreciate what Poyet and this group of players have done. Personally, I wouldn't dream of booing them because they've given their all for this club over the past couple of seasons. If they're not quite good enough as a group to take us all the way to the top, so be it but they deserve more respect than to be booed after a couple of bad performances. Booing is for clubs who've lost 10 on the trot and have serious trouble behind the scenes (and even then it doesn't help)... Not for a club that's had a great season overall.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i never booed at HT, I just laughed and got a beer. No point booing, just makes it worse.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
How on earth can you boo you own team?
Small mind mentality? I thought we were a bigger club than that.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
The Curbishley comparison made earlier is very apt I think. As he pointed out, his problem at Charlton was with the fans who jumped on the bandwagon once they had the ground, not the long-standing support who had the perspective to appreciate what an achievement it was to even be in the top league. The vocal minority got him sacked and his successors took the club back where it had come from. I hope we don't follow that example. Most people can appreciate what Poyet and this group of players have done. Personally, I wouldn't dream of booing them because they've given their all for this club over the past couple of seasons. If they're not quite good enough as a group to take us all the way to the top, so be it but they deserve more respect than to be booed after a couple of bad performances. Booing is for clubs who've lost 10 on the trot and have serious trouble behind the scenes (and even then it doesn't help)... Not for a club that's had a great season overall.

Good shout, trueblue. I think you're spot on with your comparison with Charlton.

People that haven't been through the club's dark days and know where we've come from.

Certainly didn't hear any boos aimed at the players where we sit in WSU north end, just some from down in WSL but sounded to me like people booing the ref.

I would never, ever boo my team, it's cringeingly embarrassing, and I feel ashamed when I hear others do it.
And it really pisses me off when people say that they've paid their money and can do what they like. I just wish they would pay their money somewhere else and go boo off!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Do the booers think it's just a pantomime that won't affect anything? It affects the morale, the way the club perceives the fans and it makes you look like a spoilt brat, especially after this season. You think Vicente wants to play in front of a bunch of unintelligent idiots who boo whenever things don't go their way?
And the team selection was obvious wasn't it? Injuries and testing out players who are now probably on their way out.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Good shout, trueblue. I think you're spot on with your comparison with Charlton.

People that haven't been through the club's dark days and know where we've come from.

Certainly didn't hear any boos aimed at the players where we sit in WSU north end, just some from down in WSL but sounded to me like people booing the ref.

I would never, ever boo my team, it's cringeingly embarrassing, and I feel ashamed when I hear others do it.
And it really pisses me off when people say that they've paid their money and can do what they like. I just wish they would pay their money somewhere else and go boo off!

I agree booing or getting a one players back affects the whole team and I doubt any of us would find the similar support of any use in our own lines of work.

Fans started getting on Curbs back when then kept maintaining mid/high table premiership finishes, expectation and excitement made them want and believe someone different would bring them more. From talking to Charlton fans who wanted him out at the time I am aware they now would rather have kept him.

I can't see Gus is any different to when he took over, he had a similar statement to fans at Withdean when some fans moaned and booed at his keep the ball tactics. He is passionate for the way he wants to play football and has influenced the rebirth of the club in ways many of us can't believe, I have loads of faith in him, I would rather see him learn, make some big errors and then use all his energy to getting it right. I cannot believe he must not feel shattered sometimes being involved with a set up like Brighton, on the go every day and getting involved right across the clubs activities.

I hope he gets a holiday and time to recharge as next season could be one of the best in the clubs history, I think the championship has been an amazing league and really enjoyed the better quality of player and tactics adopted.

Sep 29, 2008
LA on sea
boooing stuff !!

obviously some people are getting the booing thing totally wrong including Gus, yes we were playing like a pub team 1st half and yes watford kicked lumps out of us and we struggled to get near the ball and take any control of the game 1st half ...but the ref for whom had a bloody awful game was the main aim of booing due to the shocking decisions that should have seen at least a red on one of the challenges, the play offs maybe blown but have supported the albion for many years now and seem some god awful displays but to get where we are today and who knows next year i am more than happy , few good signings in the summer and hopefully a more solid unchanged team next season and the dream will be on. :albion2::albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here