Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Palace

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
why do you 'have to say it'?

This isn't a palace board, we've had loads of stick from them recently, then i scroll down looking at threads and
see one that says 'well done palace'.

They are meant to be our football rivals, so i don't get it?

agree.........?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Plastic fans are the ones who support other teams like half your crowd.Our increase in gate would be due to Paalce fans turning up who don't normally.Didn't you get a gate of around 2000 against someone like barnet in the cup a few years ago. big increase to 20k+

So you average 14k per game, including away supporters, you fill on average 55% of your 'stadium' (for want of a better word), and you get just over 20k v West Ham. No plastics there then?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Thanks BHA

shame to see your post has been turned into yet another attendance thread though :rolleyes:

Yep, this attendance crap makes the people who keep bringing it up looks rather pathetic. Never mind the fact that despite Palace having less resources that us they are doing better frankly if the best that Brighton fans can do is to make out that we're in some way superior because we have bigger crowds then the likes of Sheffield Wednesday are better than Brighton as they get bigger crowds.

Oh yes, I suppose my dad might be bigger but I can't tell from his ashes.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
'Palace reserves'

Yes because Ambrose, Clyne, Dikgacoi, Easter, Parr, McCarthy, Moxey and Ramage are reserves aren't they?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Plastic fans are the ones who support other teams like half your crowd.Our increase in gate would be due to Paalce fans turning up who don't normally.
:lol: you're either seriously deluded, or just bitter. When you manage a gate near 20k, it's your loyal fans (that aren't loyal enough to turn up more than 5 times a season), but when anyone else's fans turn up, they must be plastic.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
:lol: you're either seriously deluded, or just bitter. When you manage a gate near 20k, it's your loyal fans (that aren't loyal enough to turn up more than 5 times a season), but when anyone else's fans turn up, they must be plastic.

To be fair, suppose we continue with this modest vein of form for the rest of the season or, perish the thought, go down, how many people will renew their season tickets ? Following a stella season of championship winning and domination added to the Zeitgeist of a brand spanking new stadium, seven figure signings and The Championship how many people have jumped on the bandwagon ? It is a fair question.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
shame to see your post has been turned into yet another attendance thread though :rolleyes:
If Brighton fans were denying that Palace have played better than us so far this season, the whole board would disagree with them - when you say something stupid, people react to it. So when a few Palace numpties try to defend the difference in attendance by labelling all other clubs' fans as plastic, then you're going to get posts pointing out the bullshit.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Yep, this attendance crap makes the people who keep bringing it up looks rather pathetic. Never mind the fact that despite Palace having less resources that us they are doing better frankly if the best that Brighton fans can do is to make out that we're in some way superior because we have bigger crowds then the likes of Sheffield Wednesday are better than Brighton as they get bigger crowds.

Oh yes, I suppose my dad might be bigger but I can't tell from his ashes.
Bhaexpress you're not such a bad bloke afterall.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To be fair, suppose we continue with this modest vein of form for the rest of the season or, perish the thought, go down, how many people will renew their season tickets ? Following a stella season of championship winning and domination added to the Zeitgeist of a brand spanking new stadium, seven figure signings and The Championship how many people have jumped on the bandwagon ? It is a far question.
Yes it is a fair question. Some people with tickets are on the bandwagon. But equally there are plenty of people like me who don't have an ST this year (have in the past) and want to go to games (not on the bandwagon). So it's a fair question we don't know the answer to, but I'll put money on us having higher attendances next season than Palace have had so for this season. I would also point out that we sold our season tickets before we'd won the league, and long before the 7 figure signings.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
'Palace reserves'

Yes because Ambrose, Clyne, Dikgacoi, Easter, Parr, McCarthy, Moxey and Ramage are reserves aren't they?
Yep, Easter, Parr, Moxey and Ramage are all subs in the league, even Ambrose has struggled to make the starting 11 this season.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Yep, Easter, Parr, Moxey and Ramage are all subs in the league, even Ambrose has struggled to make the starting 11 this season.

That'd be like calling Hoskins, Buckey, LuaLua etc reserves, when they're not.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Can we leave the attendance thing now? It's been done to death and is very dull. I think any Albion fan with half a brain will have a grudging respect for what's happening at Palace. For once, they seem to be trying to do things the right way and it appears, as an outsider, the Palace board is running the club well. They're not spending money they haven't got and backed a young, intelligent manager who played for the club even when they nearly went down. Further, their current good run of form owes much to devloping their own talent via their academy & then giving their young players like Zaha, Scannell, Williams et al chances to establish themselves in the first team which they've done because they are very good players. That has got to be the right way to do it and they deserve credit for that. The challange for Palace is can they maintain their current form and keep their best young players?

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Can we leave the attendance thing now? It's been done to death and is very dull. I think any Albion fan with half a brain will have a grudging respect for what's happening at Palace. For once, they seem to be trying to do things the right way and it appears, as an outsider, the Palace board is running the club well. They're not spending money they haven't got and backed a young, intelligent manager who played for the club even when they nearly went down. Further, their current good run of form owes much to devloping their own talent via their academy & then giving their young players like Zaha, Scannell, Williams et al chances to establish themselves in the first team which they've done because they are very good players. That has got to be the right way to do it and they deserve credit for that. The challange for Palace is can they maintain their current form and keep their best young players?
:thumbsup: If we can it will be an exciting year or two, much will depend on whether these youngsters have Palace at heart unlike Bostock where is he know?.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Genuine question. Why do you hate Southampton so much? Or should I say 'Scumhampton' :facepalm:

Well long story short. There are many reasons. Although the main one I guess would be a few of my family support them and had to put up with years of torment from them regarding SSC. Also, Adkins. I do not like the guy one bit. Don't get me wrong they have some good players but thats as far as praising them go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here