Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Unfortunately, because black and asian people have a different experience in the UK than white people, you fail to recognise the racism they almost certainly will have had if you fail to acknowledge their colour, and also what is probably an important part of their identity.
You won't see white privilege if you can't see that white people have an advantage, purely because the majority of employers, teachers, policemen, judges, etc are white, and even subconsciously, we tend to favour people that look like us.

Would you say banging on about 'white privilege' is generally helpful in the fight against racism? If yes, please explain as that term seems to be mainly used by people obsessed with skin colour (much like racists).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
but when you say "us" in wolverhampton you don't mean "you " do ya...:lolol: do you know anyone from Wolverhampton ....?? it's rough as **** yo eejitt.

I have been to many, many places. Including Wolverhampton. And I know a lot of people from many, many places. Including Wolverhampton. The UK is a relatively small place, esp England and it's not that inconceivable that on a board largely made up of people over the age of forty, that many of us will have seen a bit of the world. I know you think you are wildly exotic because you emigrated to Australia but it's not that unusual. My Grandmother moved there at aged 90 for **** sake! It ain't that much of an achievement. Even I'm considering moving there at some point.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lsh-detention-camp-worst-experience-life.html

Like a really bad dream': Asylum seeker says staying in Welsh detention camp is 'WORSE' than the gangland kidnap ordeal that forced him to flee El Salvador

Eduardo forced to flee home in El Salvador, after being kidnapped by gangsters
When arriving in UK, he was housed at Penally camp in Pembrokeshire, Wales
He was moved to a hotel, but described his stay in Penally as 'like a bad dream'
Site to be returned to Ministry of Defence after conditions slammed in report
Home Office says Napier Barracks will stay as 'secure accommodation site'

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Farages intention was to conflate the issues, hence their proximity on this poster, my pointing it out shows that I understand the distinction, you suggesting I choose to conflate them is a perfect example of my previous point around you ducking provision of a genuine answer by pretending to misunderstand. Pretending to hold the view that I have conflated the issues and Farage is innocently saving paper by making two distinct points on one poster is ridiculous.
For what it is worth, I don't think you are genuinely someone who would normally condone that poster, I think you are shedding some dignity in defending it and would not do so if your real name was attached to these posts, at least I am sure you would not have done in 2015, before all this. I hope I am not wrong, and that the kickabout on here has not created a hard/far right position in your psyche.

Im not pretending you hold that view
I never said Farage was trying to save paper
In the real world I hold these views – my friends would confirm that
I am not far right – just a normal Brit who has the same views as millions of other Brits.

So, if i've got this right, Merkel / Germany did a bad job with handling the migrant crisis, (or was it the EU? sorry, bit confusing who has the sovereignty) but regards refugees coming to the UK we're doing a brilliant job and/or it's not our fault, and despite leaving the EU it's still all ltheir fault, despite being told we had to leave the EU to stop it? hmm

On a side note, I heard that regarding migrants, leaving the EU actually made it worse as we left the Dublin Convention meaning we cannot send migrants back. So, erm, well done everyone

Merkel AND the EU. Its not either or. I can see why you still find it all a bit confusing.
The target was 20000 refugees under the Vulnerable Person Resettlement Scheme by 2020. The UK got to 19,776. Covid put a dent in the final arrivals but they will be completed this year.
So yes brilliant job of refugees coming to the UK.
Our focus should be on the most vulnerable not being enablers to trafficking and drowning.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I have been to many, many places. Including Wolverhampton. And I know a lot of people from many, many places. Including Wolverhampton. The UK is a relatively small place, esp England and it's not that inconceivable that on a board largely made up of people over the age of forty, that many of us will have seen a bit of the world. I know you think you are wildly exotic because you emigrated to Australia but it's not that unusual. My Grandmother moved there at aged 90 for **** sake! It ain't that much of an achievement. Even I'm considering moving there at some point.

Home and Away has a full quota of crap actors.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It does
Regards
DF

It's what it translates as. What it means is something quite different. If it simply referred to as The Empire, the mods wouldn't have forced you to change it. You're just too cowardly to stand behind it. Spineless.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You are of pretty weak character but this is beneath even you. This very childish "pretending not to get it" thing you do is bizarre.

Not pretending anything, I have never seen a post from Ppf saying it refers to anything, but there again i dont inhabit NSC as much as you.
You clearly must have seen him say it refers to something specific. What did he say it referred to?
Provide the link.

As far as i can see it just means The Empire, i have seen nothing here on NSC that it is intended to mean anything different.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Would you say banging on about 'white privilege' is generally helpful in the fight against racism? If yes, please explain as that term seems to be mainly used by people obsessed with skin colour (much like racists).

It is worth mentioning when people deny there is any difference in how black people experience life in the UK, to how white people experience it. I appreciate the term might get up your nose if you are white and have a shit life, but the fact is, however hard you might have had it, being black would not have made it any easier. When we all accept that fact, we can start to make it untrue, and then you can stop hearing it. Do you want it to be untrue?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Im not pretending you hold that view
I never said Farage was trying to save paper
In the real world I hold these views – my friends would confirm that
I am not far right – just a normal Brit who has the same views as millions of others

If you genuinely don't have any issue with that poster, I am saddened.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It is worth mentioning when people deny there is any difference in how black people experience life in the UK, to how white people experience it. I appreciate the term might get up your nose if you are white and have a shit life, but the fact is, however hard you might have had it, being black would not have made it any easier. When we all accept that fact, we can start to make it untrue, and then you can stop hearing it. Do you want it to be untrue?

It was a straightforward question, would you say banging on about 'white privilege' is generally helpful in the fight against racism ... Yes or no?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It was a straightforward question, would you say banging on about 'white privilege' is generally helpful in the fight against racism ... Yes or no?

We would have to define "banging on" first, is banging on the one post I have made on this thread using the term, or the two times, you have posted and used the term, or does it need to be more often than that?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We would have to define "banging on" first, is banging on the one post I have made on this thread using the term, or the two times, you have posted and used the term, or does it need to be more often than that?

No, you just need to answer the question you are desperately trying to avoid
... (because you know the answer is no 👍)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here