Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps, like me, he has recognised that you understand full well, but choose to misinterpret to suit your ends. I have been through it a few times with you, and generally, you understand the points being made, but post a response based on the possible misinterpretations, if you had a really good argument to make, you would not need to do that.

Well, you have him spot on there.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You are fascinated with skin colour...why is that. Surely in a modern,progressive,tolerant society we should all be colour blind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, we should not be colour blind, you won't understand.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just wondering why you are so triggered by the colour of someone’s skin? It is 2021... not 1971.

If you wish to have a serious discussion about anything, you have to drop this faux outrage at the mention of skin colour and all your other affectatious nonsense. But you won't so you can't.

Have a belter of a day. :)

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
You are fascinated with skin colour...why is that. Surely in a modern,progressive,tolerant society we should all be colour blind.

That view is so old fashioned now, sadly, It's the most important thing nowadays. See also gender, sexual preference etc. It's progressive and tolerant to forensically examine identity and then categorise and lump like with like into a hierarchical structure.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And so it should. The migration crisis was a perfect example of the EU in operation in a crisis. Too many countries, all with different interests unable to come to an agreement. Then Germany goes down its own path and invites a wave of trafficked people in.

Breaking Point - The EU has failed us all.
It did.

Clamp made an idiotic point about people at Calais, ie non-EU citizens who are attempting to enter the country illegally and linked that to Brexit and the ending of EU free movement for EU citizens and lumped in the label brown for good measure. He has decided not to explain his stupid thought process when called out on it

Tell me what the EU should have done that it could have done? It failed in getting agreement from it's members, which it sought to do, to all take some refugees, but because of attitudes like yours, that see refugees as a burden and a security threat ahead of their humanity, Italy Greece and Hungary were left to it. If you want the states of Europe to co-operate better and have a common asylum policy, you voted the wrong way.

You left out the bottom line of that poster. "We must break free of the EU and take back control of our borders". Do you think the poster would have been as effective if it had shown a Ferry load of French or German people, i.e. the sort of people we would actually be exercising more control over arriving here, rather than the people whose status before and after us leaving will be the same for immigration purposes?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well I don’t understand, I judge ALL people on the content of their character, not on the colour of their skin. It is quite a simple code that I have followed since I can remember.

Unfortunately, because black and asian people have a different experience in the UK than white people, you fail to recognise the racism they almost certainly will have had if you fail to acknowledge their colour, and also what is probably an important part of their identity.
You won't see white privilege if you can't see that white people have an advantage, purely because the majority of employers, teachers, policemen, judges, etc are white, and even subconsciously, we tend to favour people that look like us.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That view is so old fashioned now, sadly, It's the most important thing nowadays. See also gender, sexual preference etc. It's progressive and tolerant to forensically examine identity and then categorise and lump like with like into a hierarchical structure.

The point is, pretending there is not an issue, doesn't fix the issue.

Jan 30, 2008
Tell me what the EU should have done that it could have done? It failed in getting agreement from it's members, which it sought to do, to all take some refugees, but because of attitudes like yours, that see refugees as a burden and a security threat ahead of their humanity, Italy Greece and Hungary were left to it. If you want the states of Europe to co-operate better and have a common asylum policy, you voted the wrong way.

You left out the bottom line of that poster. "We must break free of the EU and take back control of our borders". Do you think the poster would have been as effective if it had shown a Ferry load of French or German people, i.e. the sort of people we would actually be exercising more control over arriving here, rather than the people whose status before and after us leaving will be the same for immigration purposes?

Hungary showed the way forward and closed their borders good on them for standing up to the EU on the subject
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Unfortunately, because black and asian people have a different experience in the UK than white people, you fail to recognise the racism they almost certainly will have had if you fail to acknowledge their colour, and also what is probably an important part of their identity.
You won't see white privilege if you can't see that white people have an advantage, purely because the majority of employers, teachers, policemen, judges, etc are white, and even subconsciously, we tend to favour people that look like us.

Grooming gangs picking on young white girls for instance is that a ethnic privilege?
Regards
DF

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Please,please don’t try to judge me by your own despicable standards.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why don't you scream for the mods again then, Pesto? Your mob have been baying for a banning since Chick got banned the other day. Bakers was only just reporting me the other day. Must have smarted having the only one of you that can string a coherent sentence together removed from play :lolol:

Have a sweet, sweet day :wave:

Again? Keep your hair on.
I have never reported a post. As I have said previously its not my board, if the mods wish to allow casual racism (see also Gammon) then that’s up to them. I simply said I was surprised you didn’t get a ban for your racism.
I have no idea what on earth you are talking about with people being banned, its nothing I have noticed or care about. I would need to be here every day to notice -which I am not.

It is very typical of you to play your victim card though and deflect when you are being stupid, but how about having a try at answering instead. So far all you have done is backtracked and avoided.
Knew you would end having me on ignore as well, you always U-turn on that too.

Perhaps you could explain to the class how Brexit and the ending of EU free movement for EU citizens and increased immigration measures on EU citizens can stop non-EU citizens wandering across numerous EU countries to get to Calais and further stop non-EU citizens from attempting to make an illegal entry into the UK?

Own countries making their own decisions? You mean like sovereignty?, even though you argue on another thread you need to leave the EU to make those sovereign decisions?

I don't see where Clamp references the ending of free movement, he referred to Brexit, not the same thing

Free movement of persons is a mainstay of EU citizenship. Established by Maastricht and confirmed in the Lisbon it is relevant to Brexit. I don’t doubt you think it isnt.

Perhaps, like me, he has recognised that you understand full well, but choose to misinterpret to suit your ends. I have been through it a few times with you, and generally, you understand the points being made, but post a response based on the possible misinterpretations, if you had a really good argument to make, you would not need to do that.

Perhaps is your opinion
Mine is it was a stupid thought process by clamp. It doesn’t surprise me.

The EU should have stamped down hard on Merkel when she became an enabler and accomplice to people trafficking and drowning. It should have been very easy from the outset to announce that they would not support this and would instead focus on assisting the most vulnerable instead through some sort of vulnerable entry scheme. The most vulnerable are those who are stuck in UNHCR refugee camps and are not fit enough or have the financial means to cross borders or even numerous borders.

The states of the EU should co-operate better to have a common asylum policy that reduces drowning via trafficking not increases it. I want us to have our own immigration and asylum policy separate from the EU. So in that regard I voted the right way.

We must break free of the EU to control our borders for EU citizens. We cannot treat them the same as non-EU whilst we are still members.
This really isnt hard to understand. There are two separate points on the poster.
!/ The main point of how shit the EU is and 2/ We should end EU free movement.
You choose to conflate the issue of non EU asylum seekers with Brexit. That’s your choice.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A classic example of "We tend to favour people who look like ourselves".

Your reply to the Fairy caused me to take a peek at what I usually ignore. I think what you two might be hinting at, is that asian abusers were not initially prosecuted for fear of racism accusations, and that this then shows a favoritism towards a group that looked different to the Police Officers. You could call that an exception to the rule, and we all know, the exception proves the rule.
The Fairy is company you could do without if you are trying to claim you don't have racist views, forgive me if I have you wrong and you don't mind being a bit racist.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Again? Keep your hair on.
I have never reported a post. As I have said previously its not my board, if the mods wish to allow casual racism (see also Gammon) then that’s up to them. I simply said I was surprised you didn’t get a ban for your racism.
I have no idea what on earth you are talking about with people being banned, its nothing I have noticed or care about. I would need to be here every day to notice -which I am not.

It is very typical of you to play your victim card though and deflect when you are being stupid, but how about having a try at answering instead. So far all you have done is backtracked and avoided.
Knew you would end having me on ignore as well, you always U-turn on that too.

Perhaps you could explain to the class how Brexit and the ending of EU free movement for EU citizens and increased immigration measures on EU citizens can stop non-EU citizens wandering across numerous EU countries to get to Calais and further stop non-EU citizens from attempting to make an illegal entry into the UK?

Free movement of persons is a mainstay of EU citizenship. Established by Maastricht and confirmed in the Lisbon it is relevant to Brexit. I don’t doubt you think it isnt.

Perhaps is your opinion
Mine is it was a stupid thought process by clamp. It doesn’t surprise me.

The EU should have stamped down hard on Merkel when she became an enabler and accomplice to people trafficking and drowning. It should have been very easy from the outset to announce that they would not support this and would instead focus on assisting the most vulnerable instead through some sort of vulnerable entry scheme. The most vulnerable are those who are stuck in UNHCR refugee camps and are not fit enough or have the financial means to cross borders or even numerous borders.

The states of the EU should co-operate better to have a common asylum policy that reduces drowning via trafficking not increases it. I want us to have our own immigration and asylum policy separate from the EU. So in that regard I voted the right way.

We must break free of the EU to control our borders for EU citizens. We cannot treat them the same as non-EU whilst we are still members.
This really isnt hard to understand. There are two separate points on the poster.
!/ The main point of how shit the EU is and 2/ We should end EU free movement.
You choose to conflate the issue of non EU asylum seekers with Brexit. That’s your choice.

Pheweee, that looks like a long, rambling post. People who are bullshitting do tend to over-explain though. It's one of the giveaways, apparently. From the skim I gave it, all looks a bit ranty and gammony for my liking.

:bigwave:

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Your reply to the Fairy caused me to take a peek at what I usually ignore. I think what you two might be hinting at, is that asian abusers were not initially prosecuted for fear of racism accusations, and that this then shows a favoritism towards a group that looked different to the Police Officers. You could call that an exception to the rule, and we all know, the exception proves the rule.
The Fairy is company you could do without if you are trying to claim you don't have racist views, forgive me if I have you wrong and you don't mind being a bit racist.

I was aiming more at the Asian abusers as seeing the victims as not worthy and frankly, fair game for abuse, people who didn't look like them.The covering up in the name of not being seen as racist or intolerant is also beyond despicable. I am not racist, but I don't care if you think I am or am not. All to easy to tar people with racist, fascist, nazi for questioning reality. In fact it's an easy way to shut down debate.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Let's have a bit more positivity. After all , that's what I started this thread for:

Rehman had to leave his home country of Pakistan in early 2018 because of religious conflict. He arrived into London on the 15th January 2018 feeling isolated and lonely as he had to leave his family behind, although he hoped they would join him at a future date. Now, just over a year later, Rehman came to visit us at ACH Wolverhampton with his wonderful family in tow. His children and wife expressed their happiness to be with Rehman again and were all getting used to life in the UK.

Read more about Rehman and his family here....

https://www.ach.org.uk/stories/rehmans-story

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here