Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Welcoming refugees. Well done Brits!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No, you just need to answer the question you are desperately trying to avoid
... (because you know the answer is no 👍)

In the absence of clarification on the term "banging on", and the fact that you used the term "banging on" after I used it once, I would say "banging on" about white privilege is useful in the fight against racism, yes. Now, is it useful to "bang on" about it in conversations with Baker lite, probably not, is it useful to try and explain to him what it means, probably not directly, as he doesn't want to understand, but it might be useful to others reading the post.

I have one question for you, do you think that white privilege exists in the UK today?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
In the absence of clarification on the term "banging on", and the fact that you used the term "banging on" after I used it once, I would say "banging on" about white privilege is useful in the fight against racism, yes. Now, is it useful to "bang on" about it in conversations with Baker lite, probably not, is it useful to try and explain to him what it means, probably not directly, as he doesn't want to understand, but it might be useful to others reading the post.

I have one question for you, do you think that white privilege exists in the UK today?

I don't really believe you but just to humour you, how does banging on about white privilege help in the fight against racism?

In my view, defining categories of supposed privilege by skin colour is generally lazy and divisive (also possibly racist in some circumstances).

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have been to many, many places. Including Wolverhampton. And I know a lot of people from many, many places. Including Wolverhampton. The UK is a relatively small place, esp England and it's not that inconceivable that on a board largely made up of people over the age of forty, that many of us will have seen a bit of the world. I know you think you are wildly exotic because you emigrated to Australia but it's not that unusual. My Grandmother moved there at aged 90 for **** sake! It ain't that much of an achievement. Even I'm considering moving there at some point.

why on earth would she move at 90 ....?? a hankering for Fosters...?? Vegimite....?? Prawns...?? are you sure about that or are you winding me up .......again......:moo:

wildly exotic ....:lolol::lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I don't really believe you but just to humour you, how does banging on about white privilege help in the fight against racism?

In my view, defining categories of supposed privilege by skin colour is generally lazy and divisive (also possibly racist in some circumstances).

It is useful for white people to understand that there is a problem, I don't like the term, it makes me uncomfortable as a white person, which is why it is more useful than saying black under privilege, which is essentially the same thing. It does prod at white people and therefore is a better reminder that it is still a disadvantage to be black in the UK, and that it isn't enough to just not be racist, we have to be anti racist, call it out and recognise that many of us will have a subconciuos bias that contributes to there being an imbalance and address it.

You obviously disagree, please explain how it is counter productive in your opinion. And I repeat the question, do you think white privilege exists, yes or no? as the response above using "supposed" suggests you don't think it does.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It is useful for white people to understand that there is a problem, I don't like the term, it makes me uncomfortable as a white person, which is why it is more useful than saying black under privilege, which is essentially the same thing. It does prod at white people and therefore is a better reminder that it is still a disadvantage to be black in the UK, and that it isn't enough to just not be racist, we have to be anti racist, call it out and recognise that many of us will have a subconciuos bias that contributes to there being an imbalance and address it.

You obviously disagree, please explain how it is counter productive in your opinion. And I repeat the question, do you think white privilege exists, yes or no? as the response above using "supposed" suggests you don't think it does.

As I said, banging on about white privilege is counter productive in my view as it breeds resentment, exacerbates division and encourages a culture of grievance defined by skin colour. Now it may be the case that middle class dinner parties in some metropolitan areas are awash with white people self fladulating but I would suggest most white people outside that privileged bubble would tell you to do one .... rightly so.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
As I said, banging on about white privilege is counter productive in my view as it breeds resentment, exacerbates division and encourages a culture of grievance defined by skin colour. Now it may be the case that middle class dinner parties in some metropolitan areas are awash with white people self fladulating but I would suggest most white people outside that privileged bubble would tell you to do one .... rightly so.

I wouldn't know about middle class dinner parties, in metropolitan areas, Crawley is hardly the metropolis, and the middle class is a bit thin here (is it divisive to separate peoples feelings about racism and white privilege on class, and location?) You say most white people outside of that bubble would tell me to do one, do you think most black people would too?

Skipped the question again though, so at the risk of being accused of banging on about it, do you think white privilege exists?

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I wouldn't know about middle class dinner parties, in metropolitan areas, Crawley is hardly the metropolis, and the middle class is a bit thin here (is it divisive to separate peoples feelings about racism and white privilege on class, and location?) You say most white people outside of that bubble would tell me to do one, do you think most black people would too?

Skipped the question again though, so at the risk of being accused of banging on about it, do you think white privilege exists?

I’ll answer that one, only in the minds of race baiting thugs like you. The rest of the UK populace are quite happy getting on with our lives, together,integrating,going about our daily lives, we don’t need woopsys like you trying to drag the UK back to the 1970s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
It's what it translates as. What it means is something quite different. If it simply referred to as The Empire, the mods wouldn't have forced you to change it. You're just too cowardly to stand behind it. Spineless.

They only changed it because people assumed something completely different people like yourself ,hey ho I'm not going to lose sleep over it found any Holocaust denial or Nazi apologism posts yet ?
Regards
DF

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008

I have one question for you, do you think that white privileg exists in the UK today?
What exactly is a white privilege, can you buy them online?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’ll answer that one, only in the minds of race baiting thugs like you. The rest of the UK populace are quite happy getting on with our lives, together,integrating,going about our daily lives, we don’t need woopsys like you trying to drag the UK back to the 1970s

I have been trying to drag you into the 21st century mate, like I said at the start, you won't understand.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Probably best to knock it in the head now, I will never understand race baiting thugs..sorry.
Have a pleasant afternoon in your bitter,intolerant world [emoji1303]

Using your white privilege, to stop talking about racism and carry on without a problem, for you.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Would you kindly explain to me my white privilege?
I’m really,really looking forward to it.

I have tried, but you obviously have had such a shit life, you can't imagine it would have been any tougher if you also had to deal with racism.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I have tried, but you obviously have had such a shit life, you can't imagine it would have been any tougher if you also had to deal with racism.

I’ve had a fantastic life so far, some ups, some downs, but I would not change one day of it. Self responsibility is the key, that and mutual respect and good manners.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here