Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

welcome home binyam mohammed

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
He is a POW, the US have no obligation to release him, but they do because the naive scream for his release.

If he is claiming he is British, then he should be arrested on landing and tried for treason as he was fighting for the enemy of Britain. If he is not claiming to be British then what the hell is he doing flying into the UK (to no doubt a hero's welcome in some communities).

Woah, we've taken a leap here - do we have proof he was a combatant? If so, then I'll agree with everything you're saying. However, I assume that we don't, hence he's free, whatever our suspicions are.

That's the way justice works in our country, that's what marks us out as different to the likes of the Taliban.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I notice you didn't answer any of my post.

So the Taliban would have put the British aid worker on trial in front of judge and jury and he would have been found not guilty and released immediately. Yeh right!

I never suggested for a moment that they would, so why would I answer your post ?

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
Reprieve

Arrested in Pakistan not Afghanistan, detained, illegally tortured, kidnapped, illegally tortured and detained again, never charged with anything or put on trial for anything.

Not exactly a master class in counter-terrorist operations, is it or are the Pakistani SIS and US CIA too busy trafficking poppy to care?

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
He is a POW, the US have no obligation to release him, but they do because the naive scream for his release.

If he is claiming he is British, then he should be arrested on landing and tried for treason as he was fighting for the enemy of Britain. If he is not claiming to be British then what the hell is he doing flying into the UK (to no doubt a hero's welcome in some communities).

If he is a POW, then he is subject to the protection of the Hague and Geneva conventions which among other things ban torture.

He is/was a British resident not a British subject and there is no evidence that he ever fought against British troops.

He will probalby remain under watch from the security forces and other as a symbol of the utter mess the Neo-cons have landed us in, I doubt he presents much threat to anyone.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
tell me what you think he may have been doing in that well known tourist destination ?

by that reckoning ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE at a music festival must be taking drugs. because it is well known for it. surely there is only one reason for everything in this world.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
humanitarian aid?! just like lots of aid workers went to Iraq, many of which as has been pointed out were murdered.

just because he is a Muslim does not mean he cannot go to provide aid. Again, if he was a WHITE BRITISH NATIONAL, i can guarantee the majority of you would be up in arms that an innocent caring 'Brit' had been illegally captured.

?
how many white british nationals have been captured in afghanistan fighting with the taliban ?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Woah, we've taken a leap here - do we have proof he was a combatant? If so, then I'll agree with everything you're saying. However, I assume that we don't, hence he's free, whatever our suspicions are.

That's the way justice works in our country, that's what marks us out as different to the likes of the Taliban.

No we haven't, like I have said earlier on, the only people whom know are the individuals whom captured him. It is up to you who to decide whom you beleive, him or them.

However, I will say the same thing to you as I have in earlier posts. This man is a POW, the rules are different in times of war (as with Mosley in the 2nd World War), there are the enemy whom, need to be killed or captured. Which is what happened to this man, he was captured by our allies. The naive conveniently forget this fact and now they cheer him on his arrival in Britain.:shootself

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
how many white british nationals have been captured in afghanistan fighting with the taliban ?

I think this argument is fairly pointless - noone knows what he was doing out there. The question is whether it's justified to imprison him without trial (and God knows what else) based on the suspicion that he was fighting for the Taliban and with the only evidence being that he had been in the country.

Choose your side. I choose the justice we cherish in this country, not the one that say, The Taliban, might choose.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It'a amazing what types of thread bring the resident knuckle-draggers out to play. All the usual supects are out to play in this thread :nono:

Why is it that somebody who has a different political viewpoint to yours becomes a 'Knuckle-dragger' ?

What does that make you then ? Comments like that just make you look very petty and small minded. Doesn't say a lot for your beliefs either.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
If you are innocent in your actions, why travel on a FALSE passport ? You when use Leekbrooks fly away we tend to use the 'real thing' :wave:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I, and indeed anyone else here, doesn't know the ins and outs of the case but if he is suspected of doing something wrong he should be investigated and, if deemed necessary, put in a court of law.

All sending him to Guantanamo has done has made us look like a poodle of the US, brought us down to the terrorist's level and done Al Qaeda's recruitment for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here