Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

welcome home binyam mohammed

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm not sure that I want to spend all evening in the company of someone who a) calls me a tosser simply for having a different point of view and b) would probably spend all evening MOANING about the price of beer these days.
oh come on , you know you want to really:laugh: and thats another thing £3.25 for a pint of stella i paid the other day , f***ing outrageous :angry:

ps, i didnt call you a tosser for having a different point of view, but i'll explain that over a pint.

Dandyman

In London village.
dandy man as far as im concerned , while here are english people who are waiting for council accomodation , or sleeping on the streets, then asylum seekers shouldnt even be in the queue , let alone jumping it, and considering that most refugees come from asia and africa, then surely its a good thing that they stay in the environment that they know ?

The 1951 Refugees Convention guarantees everyone the right to apply for asylum and has saved millions of lives. in 2006 (the latest year I can get figures for) we were 16th in the table of industrialised countries for the number of asylum applications per head of population (source; UNHCR).

I totally agree that we should house the homeless, I fail to see how refusing a safe haven to those fleeing persecution would make an iota of difference to our willingness or ability to do so.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
dandy man as far as im concerned , while here are english people who are waiting for council accomodation , or sleeping on the streets, then asylum seekers shouldnt even be in the queue , let alone jumping it, and considering that most refugees come from asia and africa, then surely its a good thing that they stay in the environment that they know ?
If these policies were implemented, I'd give it 6 months before you were MOANING at single mothers and other "scroungers" jumping the queue ahead of hard working families etc etc

The fact is, there have always been these sort of injustices and your sort have always moaned about the country going to the dogs when it simply isn't. I really do struggle to understand where a white middle class derivatives broker who lives in Haywards Heath finds all this bitterness to be honest. :shrug:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
In the history of NSC, has an argument such as this ever changed anyone's mind?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
An argument is never won there and then. To win an argument, you need to put seeds of doubt in the other man's mind and let him think about it. IMO anyway. I've occasionally changed my mind on this basis.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

yes ,I once thought that Brighton was a beautiful idiosyncratic town with which stood above almost every town in Britain with its quirkiness, run down (in parts) charm, and genuinely naturally evolved artistic community alongside its seediness and traditionally English feel, until I was told We Need More Public Art Like Barcelona Now by some ponce from Clerkenwell who had read the Guardian Guide too many times and not realised Charlie Brooker was taking the piss out of THEM.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
i will explain to you slowly for the umpteenth time, i know nothing concrete about his guilt , but weigh it up yourself, what do you TRULY think he was doing out there ? and " i have no idea and neither do you " wont cut it .

but it is ok for you to assume what he was doing even though not qualified to do so ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
If these policies were implemented, I'd give it 6 months before you were MOANING at single mothers and other "scroungers" jumping the queue ahead of hard working families etc etc

The fact is, there have always been these sort of injustices and your sort have always moaned about the country going to the dogs when it simply isn't. I really do struggle to understand where a white middle class derivatives broker who lives in Haywards Heath finds all this bitterness to be honest. :shrug:
i think peoples prejudices etc are defined by their life experiences etc, i come from white working class south london stock,who, as far as im concerned have been f***ed over badly by successive tory and labour governments , in my street i lived next door to an angolan asylum seeker , ( wonder why she didnt go to portugal ) whose whole house was refurbished from top to bottom before she moved in, next to her was an impoverished pensioner who had lived in the (council) house her whole life, it was falling to pieces, yet nothing waqs done for her, we did what we could for her , and those sort of things werent isolated, thats where my bitterness comes from , because the people i consider "my own" have largely been forgotten about by people , like yourself, in your rush to embrace "worthy" causes, its not your fault, you are a product of the environment you were brought up in , but that is where i consider my view more "valid" than yours, you grew up in affluent sussex villages,you lived in an immigrant area for 4 years then left it and yet you consider yourself an expert , and have the gall to post on here how asylum seekers should receive priority in housing allocation ? iim sorry but if had grown up in a white working class london family , then i very much doubt you would have those views , you are entitled to your views and they arent rubbish , but in some cases im afraid some peoples views are more valid than others , anyway can i extend a cyberspace handshake and we put an end to all this silly tit for tat name calling ?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Why don't you bother answering my responses direct to you at 11.26 and 11.28 then, rather than what other people (Lokki) is doing?

If you even bothered to read my updates, I am saying we are very much NOT on the brink of the police state, wheras some people would think that we are. Stop trying to fudge/dodge the issue. To be careful also that we will not is just absolutely ridiculous, we are well developed democracy that bends over backwards to accomodate people of dubious repute, who hid behind our liberal and generous laws.

I didn't say you thought the country was on the brink of being a police state. You were the one assuming that Lokki was, when he clearly wasn't. Try harder, or dont bother. You actually aren't even reading the posts, just spouting crap

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I didn't say you thought the country was on the brink of being a police state. You were the one assuming that Lokki was, when he clearly wasn't. Try harder, or dont bother. You actually aren't even reading the posts, just spouting crap

Still no answer to my updates of 11.26 or 11.28 then. Just abuse.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Why don't you bother answering my responses direct to you at 11.26 and 11.28 then, rather than what other people (Lokki) is doing?

If you even bothered to read my updates, I am saying we are very much NOT on the brink of the police state, wheras some people would think that we are. Stop trying to fudge/dodge the issue. To be careful also that we will not is just absolutely ridiculous, we are well developed democracy that bends over backwards to accomodate people of dubious repute, who hid behind our liberal and generous laws.

btw, as Lokki was posting on tis thread, I thought it would be good idea if I read what he said.....just for your info and all that

Dandyman

In London village.
i think peoples prejudices etc are defined by their life experiences etc, i come from white working class south london stock,who, as far as im concerned have been f***ed over badly by successive tory and labour governments , in my street i lived next door to an angolan asylum seeker , ( wonder why she didnt go to portugal ) whose whole house was refurbished from top to bottom before she moved in, next to her was an impoverished pensioner who had lived in the (council) house her whole life, it was falling to pieces, yet nothing waqs done for her, we did what we could for her , and those sort of things werent isolated, thats where my bitterness comes from , because the people i consider "my own" have largely been forgotten about by people , like yourself, in your rush to embrace "worthy" causes, its not your fault, you are a product of the environment you were brought up in , but that is where i consider my view more "valid" than yours, you grew up in affluent sussex villages,you lived in an immigrant area for 4 years then left it and yet you consider yourself an expert , and have the gall to post on here how asylum seekers should receive priority in housing allocation ? iim sorry but if had grown up in a white working class london family , then i very much doubt you would have those views , you are entitled to your views and they arent rubbish , but in some cases im afraid some peoples views are more valid than others , anyway can i extend a cyberspace handshake and we put an end to all this silly tit for tat name calling ?

I was born in north London at a time when my parents lived in a rented two bed flat. I now wish to claim some cred for it (the large house in Lewes and finest wines and cakes in the world came later, of course).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here