Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were lucky!

I have never criticized any of our players before but Mr Paynter is annoying the hell out of me.

He seems to be a tad overweight and is really not that mobile, Gus obviously sees something I don't so all the time Gus plays him I guess he's doing something I just don't get.

But 3 points is 3 points so all in all I'm very happy.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think both Paynter and Barnes are very ordinary midfield players.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Take the points but our luck will soon turn on its head, just hope we improve when it happens.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Their defender had CMS in his pocket all game, apart from for the goal. It wasn't pretty to watch.

With Paynter visibly off the pace as the game progressed I think a lot of credit has to go to Vincelot for pressing forward in those dying seconds.

Great to see Tanno on his knees celebrating the goal. Can we start a 'You'll never beat Tarricco' chant' a la 'You'll Never beat Des Walker'?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We tried that against Leeds and it did'nt work because we were too lightweight in central midfield, It was only when Gus took Noone off at half time we started playing well.

Depends what formation you play doesn't it. With midfieldsers like Bridcutt and Navarro you'd get away with it. Alternatively leave Paynter out and get Buckley/Hoskins/Vicente playing behind CMS.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Paynters best game for us, but that is not difficult as he has been truly shocking in the others.

Paynters best game? I thought he was shocking offers us absolutely nothing.

Read my post, it doesn't mean I thought he was any good, just his best game for us. In the 'Ratings' thread, I've given him 5 - I scored him as less in other games!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Loved the way all the forest players collapsed on the floor after the goal
Great scenes
Cotterill was proper proper gutted
Can't wait to see his interview tonight

I loved lua lua gleefully hurling himself on the floor away from the main celebrations

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
We have been fortunate to pick up any points over the last two games and the entertainment level was low, for those who are satisfied merely because we robbed our opponents of three points I can only think they have little else in their lives.
I would take an exciting draw in preference to a dreary underserved win any time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here