Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were lucky!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
"Providing there is good reason", fine. But there's a "Brighton fan" behind me who complains about half the team regardless of their performance - including taking digs at the likes of hoskins and buckley while they are warming up, complains about the way we play whatever we do (if we retain possession at the back he complains we're not getting forward, if we move it forward he complains it's not fast enough or that we should be using a different route, if we move it forward and lose it he complains about not retaining possession. If we dive in he complains about selling ourselves, if we stand off and try to stay on our feet force them wide or back he complains that we're not getting stuck in). He even manages to complain about them while begrudgingly acknowledging they've done something good (paynter getting back to defend at times, couple of good headers, a penetrating run). It is starting to really irritate me, and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep telling myself "he's paid to watch the team, he has a right to moan".

Take some earplugs so that you can't hear him.

Albion Rob

Only thing more enjoyable than a resounding 3-0 home win is an absolute mugging 1-0 home win! We'll play a lot better than that and lose thios season, in fact we already have. Oh well, three point is three points and we showed a lot of character not to buckle completely. Forest may be down the bottom bot I think it's such a tight league that with a couple of wins they could be 10th.

Sort of reminded me on Stoke at home in 2001 although with less great saves from our goalie - and that season panned out very well....

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
92 mins of headache inducing foreplay leads to a still exciting orgasm during the 93rd. We were pretty shit but so were they, with the ref being the worst thing on the pitch. Unlucky Forest hahahahahahah now f*** off.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Anyone who thinks Paynter is shit etc, obviously wasn't watching the game or understood his role. He had a great first half but ran out of steam in the second. Suggest if you do not understand football you stick to watching something else or shut up.

Lucky win but that is what it's about, we didn't cope with their big defenders but on another day we would have got more from the ref. great goal though!

I think what your really trying to say is im right and your wrong. Whilst paynter wasnt ouir worst player today, he doest inspire me one bit, he looks slow, never looks like he can score. Quicker he goes back the better!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
- Paynter is shit
- We played terrible football
- One shot on target

I'll take the three points obviously but if we'd played a decent team today we would of lost by a good few goals.

If you can play that badly, be pinned back for huge periods of the game by inferior opposition and still pick up three points then you're on something of a ROLL and it really doesn't do to question it too closely. Just ride the ROLL for all its worth. Never look back. Never apologise. Besides, CMS is worth his gold to this club and although he'll be pissed off with his goal stats, that winner was as down to him as its possible to get without actually appearing on the scoresheet. Its the only bit of daylight he saw all game and he made maximum use of it. Seems to be a bit of a pattern forming here... What an absolute class act! :clap:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think what your really trying to say is im right and your wrong. Whilst paynter wasnt ouir worst player today, he doest inspire me one bit, he looks slow, never looks like he can score. Quicker he goes back the better!

If you are talking about Paynter not looking like scoring this proves you know nothing about our team or how he did today... Thanks for proving *my* point

Did you slag off Murray for us too?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If you are talking about Paynter not looking like scoring this proves you know nothing about our team or how he did today... Thanks for proving *my* point

D you slag off Murray for us too?

Nope, thought murray was quality for us.

Paynter is a striker - Simple. He is playing in some sort of role behind CMS which he quite clearly cannot do. Hes slow, never wins a header, but you think he's good?

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
A dismal performance today and we should apoligise to the Forest supporters for taking the points,forget our position in the league we did not deserve to take even one point.
The only highlight today was that the person who sits in front of me was absent so i did not miss play when he continually jumps to his feet and blocks my view,so i saw the mislaid passes and lack of decent through balls to our striker,he must have had a feeling that there would be many other things to do today.
We are fortunate that we have so many season ticket holders otherwise our gates would be rapidly falling.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nope, thought murray was quality for us.

Sorry - did Paynter look like scoring today then? Your eyes testing. probably get your brain tested too if I were you.

His job clearly wasn't to score today..... Explain to us all, with your excellent football knowledge, what role you think Gus asked Billy to play?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
His job clearly wasn't to score today..... Explain to us all, with your excellent football knowledge, what role you think Gus asked Billy to play?

I wish i knew.

theres nothing wrong with liking paynter and you should be commended for it - the majority of us think he's inept!! FACT

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I hope no one makes fun of Cotteril for claiming the better team lost today.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

I know everyone has the right to an opinion but anyone who has watched Paynter since he arrived should be able to clearly see that he is not up to this level. A striker that as not had a shot on target for us yet, can't win a ball in the air, is slow and looks like he is out of his depth! A striker whose 'job wasn't to score'? I think you are the one who needs to explain using your excellent football knowledge instead of making yourself look a condescending pratt. Only my opinion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here