Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were lucky!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Smash & grab today, so what? How many games have Man U or others won in the 92nd minute after playing pony? Let's take the 3 points & wish Forest the best for the season.

Feb 14, 2010
I think it was Napoleon who said when told about the great credentials of a newly appointed general in his army.."..ah yes but is he lucky"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know everyone has the right to an opinion but anyone who has watched Paynter since he arrived should be able to clearly see that he is not up to this level. A striker that as not had a shot on target for us yet, can't win a ball in the air, is slow and looks like he is out of his depth!

Maybe make a decent-size bid for Chris Wood in January? Did OK for us last season. Seems to be progressing, and is currently out on loan to Birmingham. Seems to me he'd be a marked improvement on Paynter.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
cheers mate. I've just listened to 90+ minutes of moaning from dickheads near me at the amex and now I find this thread.

Why do you say Paynter is shit? Did some one tell you?
He was miles better than many on the pitch today.

Funny you say that, because I thought that was his best one for us so far, which to me, says an awful lot.

However, I agree with the op in so far as to say that the bloke isn't the best.

In actual fact, I'd drive him back myself.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Maybe make a decent-size bid for Chris Wood in January? Did OK for us last season. Seems to be progressing, and is currently out on loan to Birmingham. Seems to me he'd be a marked improvement on Paynter.

And by february, the same chumps will be on here telling us how he's not championship standard.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I know everyone has the right to an opinion but anyone who has watched Paynter since he arrived should be able to clearly see that he is not up to this level. A striker that as not had a shot on target for us yet, can't win a ball in the air, is slow and looks like he is out of his depth! A striker whose 'job wasn't to score'? I think you are the one who needs to explain using your excellent football knowledge instead of making yourself look a condescending pratt. Only my opinion!

Dont rise to it totton, hes clearly looking for a reaction. I realised the condescending remarks but didnt let him get his wish. The fact he thinks paynter is decent for us tells us everything about the prick!

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
The one true moment of class in the whole match happened in the 92nd minute. Wonderful turn and run by CMS, deft layback and a cracking finish. It does gloss over the fact that we rode our luck today - but who cares !!!

People need to remember that the majority of opposition that come to the Amex are seasoned Championship players mixed with a dash of Prem. Apart from Reyes & Tarricco have we got a player that has kicked a ball in the Prem ? I think we are doing fantastically well in such a tough division.

ALLLLLLLLBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Funny you say that, because I thought that was his best one for us so far, which to me, says an awful lot.

However, I agree with the op in so far as to say that the bloke isn't the best.

In actual fact, I'd drive him back myself.

I'm not Billys biggest fan peanut, but it's the pack mentality that pisses me off.
Some players are always thought of as completely shit (paynter, Dicker etc)
Others are never seen to do any wrong (CMS, Bridcutt etc.)
Surely all players have a good or bad game sometimes?

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
The 11 that finished the game should have resembled the 11 that started it. We started with a shockingly negative line up. Paynter is truely woeful. I HATE LOPSIDED MIDFIELDS!!!!!! 2 wingers please.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No shit sherlock.

Daylight robbery, but who cares...Leeds did it to us so it all comes round.

3 points...move on

A game which makes up for the WHU game IMO as we deserved to win that. So we'll take it - swings in roundabouts!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Paynters best game for us, but that is not difficult as he has been truly shocking in the others.

I really hope we don't sign him permanently. Great win today......... Would love us to start with two wingers at home.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Smash & grab today, so what? How many games have Man U or others won in the 92nd minute after playing pony? Let's take the 3 points & wish Forest the best for the season.

Yep, ManUre won many times with a late winner after a great goalkeeping performance by Schmeichal or Van Der Saar.
Poyet will analysis all the poor bits today & address them as soon as he can.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Even with my best pair of tinted Blue and White glasses,I could not say we played well,as a matter of fact if it was a boxing match the ref would've stopped the contest in the 85 minute in favour of Forest.We have this habit of when the ball is in the air we wait till the ball lands...with Forest they ran and made the ball theirs,we were forever chasing,if I was a Forest fan I would've been sick over the result. Yes I know it's football and I'm very grateful for the win,....but we can do a lot better!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
DickTurpin.jpg

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Shame really that we spend million on quality forward players yet play boring negative football,is gus obsessed with keeping a clean sheet?hope he's not an old fashioned italian type manager who loves a 1-0 or 0-0:)Been seriously riding our luck of late and soon we,ll get thrashed big time.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
- Paynter is shit
- We played terrible football
- One shot on target

I'll take the three points obviously but if we'd played a decent team today we would of lost by a good few goals.

Brilliant. Thanks for your insightful thread. Anything else to add? The moon isn't made of cheese? The Loch Ness Monster is a myth? You're posting, what, for the hell of it?

We won. Get over it and sod off.

And it's "we would HAVE...." :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here