Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We were lucky!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
In a play off spot playing tripe.... f*** knows where we'll finish if things come together?

billy74

Apr 28, 2009
Crap game, good result. I think anyone who pays to watch their team has the right to moan all they want, providing there is good reason. I cant stand fans who cant bring themselves to criticise their clubs, f***ing sad. No pies again in west lower, sort it out.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We were poor but can only beat what is front of you, if we had played a better team I would like to think we would have played better

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Ah, I assumed he'd had a good game (listening on the radio).
It's not so much complaining as observing and being honest that we didn't deserve the win today.

why does casper wait so bloody long with the ball??

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Anyone who thinks Paynter is shit etc, obviously wasn't watching the game or understood his role. He had a great first half but ran out of steam in the second. Suggest if you do not understand football you stick to watching something else or shut up.

Lucky win but that is what it's about, we didn't cope with their big defenders but on another day we would have got more from the ref. great goal though!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We were lucky, very lucky but the harder you work the better luck you get. IMO paynter is improving and we have won more than we have lost with him in the side. We've played better and got beat but tha fubol for you :D

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone who thinks Paynter is shit etc, obviously wasn't watching the game or understood his role. He had a great first half but ran out of steam in the second. Suggest if you do not understand football you stick to watching something else or shut up.

Lucky win but that is what it's about, we didn't cope with their big defenders but on another day we would have got more from the ref. great goal though!

Anyone is entitled to an opinion mate. I think Paynter was not crap but had some good touches. To be honest though he is not quite mobile enough for my liking and did not win enough in the air.

albion68

Oct 27, 2011
Buckley is our best player and should start every game if fit imho ,Dont see why we cant play 4-4-2 at home with Buckley wide with either Lua Lua or Noone on the other wing on our wide pitch and let the oppsition worry about us .

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
Seriously what is Paynter good for? Send him back to Leeds ASAP.

I felt sorry for CMS, running around like a headless chicken again, no link between him, the midfield or Paynter.

I was ecstatic with the result but anyone who thinks we deserved even a draw has not got a clue.

BBC says we have 2 shots to Forests 11.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

hmmm.... I think he had a good first half, but he really does need to win more in the air than he does. Seems to be playing quite deep as well.

Also played an important role in the goal.

That said, it's harsh that when he makes a couple of minor mistakes he gets crucified. If Noone makes a mistake he's usually forgiven.

Highlights for me were El Loco (Reyes), KLL and Buckley.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I made a point of watching paynter for 5-10 minutes today, and I still think he's shit. Mabye he's been told to hold the centre of the pitch because that's what he does, but he needs to be more busy for me to rate him.

He can't get away with just a couple of good touches and a couple of good runs in 90 minutes of football. CMS and Noone probably had 20 good runs and touches each, on a different planet to Paynter.

As for the game, it was total shit. Both teams cancelled each other out in the first, they were better in the 2nd but we managed to fight hard and not concede, then mug them at the end.

I'm happy to take the 3 points and run

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Good post.

Paynter's best game for us so far. In the first half he held the ball well and laid it off nicely. Most of the crap spouted on here about him must be from people who have never played football, or were crap when they did.

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I made a point of watching paynter for 5-10 minutes today, and I still think he's shit. Mabye he's been told to hold the centre of the pitch because that's what he does, but he needs to be more busy for me to rate him.

He can't get away with just a couple of good touches and a couple of good runs in 90 minutes of football. CMS and Noone probably had 20 good runs and touches each, on a different planet to Paynter.

As for the game, it was total shit. Both teams cancelled each other out in the first, they were better in the 2nd but we managed to fight hard and not concede, then mug them at the end.

I'm happy to take the 3 points and run

This!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes we were lucky, but good teams play shit and win. You could say that West Ham and leeds did the same.

We were poor but can only beat what is front of you, if we had played a better team I would like to think we would have played better

This.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sign of a good team? you know playing poorly and grinding out results-

KEEP EM COMING-

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Crap game, good result. I think anyone who pays to watch their team has the right to moan all they want, providing there is good reason.

"Providing there is good reason", fine. But there's a "Brighton fan" behind me who complains about half the team regardless of their performance - including taking digs at the likes of hoskins and buckley while they are warming up, complains about the way we play whatever we do (if we retain possession at the back he complains we're not getting forward, if we move it forward he complains it's not fast enough or that we should be using a different route, if we move it forward and lose it he complains about not retaining possession. If we dive in he complains about selling ourselves, if we stand off and try to stay on our feet force them wide or back he complains that we're not getting stuck in). He even manages to complain about them while begrudgingly acknowledging they've done something good (paynter getting back to defend at times, couple of good headers, a penetrating run). It is starting to really irritate me, and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep telling myself "he's paid to watch the team, he has a right to moan".

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
"Providing there is good reason", fine. But there's a "Brighton fan" behind me who complains about half the team regardless of their performance - including taking digs at the likes of hoskins and buckley while they are warming up, complains about the way we play whatever we do (if we retain possession at the back he complains we're not getting forward, if we move it forward he complains it's not fast enough or that we should be using a different route, if we move it forward and lose it he complains about not retaining possession. If we dive in he complains about selling ourselves, if we stand off and try to stay on our feet force them wide or back he complains that we're not getting stuck in). He even manages to complain about them while begrudgingly acknowledging they've done something good (paynter getting back to defend at times, couple of good headers, a penetrating run). It is starting to really irritate me, and I'm not sure how much longer I can keep telling myself "he's paid to watch the team, he has a right to moan".

offer him some sweets...ones that involve a lot of chewing :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here