Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We scored three, they scored one, Brighton take it up the bum....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Has it taken you 26 hours to think of that?.Well done.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Five-spice baked ribs
So very, very tasty and super easy, this is messy, sticky finger food.
Ingredients
For the rub
1 star anise
1 tsp fennel seeds
few whole Sichuan peppercorns
1 tbsp five-spice powder
salt
For the ribs
1kg/2lb 4oz pork spare ribs
½ bunch spring onions, trimmed, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the honey glaze
2 tbsp olive oil
few squidges honey
1-2 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
150ml/5fl oz soy sauce
1 lime, zest only
3 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
1-2 red chillies, deseeded, finely sliced
Preparation method
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a large baking tray or roasting tin with aluminium foil.
For the rub, crush the star anise, fennel seeds and Sichuan peppercorns in a pestle and mortar. Then add the five-spice powder and some salt and mix together to combine.
Put the ribs into a bowl, sprinkle over the rub mixture and rub everything in. Tip the ribs onto the baking tray and spread them out in a single layer.
Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the honey glaze in a small pan. Warm over a low heat until the honey is melted and all the ingredients are well combined.
Remove the ribs from the oven, brush generously with the honey glaze, then sprinkle with the spring onions and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Set the rest of the honey glaze aside for later.)
Return the ribs to the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes.
Once the ribs are cooked, remove them from the oven and tip them onto a large plate. Reheat the remaining honey glaze and serve as a dipping sauce with the ribs and a large green salad.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Better to live here than a chavvy riot zone

Sent from between Susannah Reid's thighs via Tapadream.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Five-spice baked ribs
Ingredients
For the rub
1 star anise
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp five-spice powder
salt
For the ribs
For the honey glaze
2 tbsp olive oil
few squidges honey
150ml/5fl oz soy sauce
1 lime, zest only
Preparation method
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a large baking tray or roasting tin with aluminium foil.
For the rub, crush the star anise, fennel seeds and Sichuan peppercorns in a pestle and mortar. Then add the five-spice powder and some salt and mix together to combine.
Put the ribs into a bowl, sprinkle over the rub mixture and rub everything in. Tip the ribs onto the baking tray and spread them out in a single layer.
Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the honey glaze in a small pan. Warm over a low heat until the honey is melted and all the ingredients are well combined.
Remove the ribs from the oven, brush generously with the honey glaze, then sprinkle with the spring onions and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. (Set the rest of the honey glaze aside for later.)
Once the ribs are cooked, remove them from the oven and tip them onto a large plate. Reheat the remaining honey glaze and serve as a dipping sauce with the ribs and a large green salad.

It's humble pie you wanna be eating mate not f'kin ribs.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Five-spice baked ribs
Ingredients
For the rub
1 star anise
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp five-spice powder
salt
For the ribs
For the honey glaze
2 tbsp olive oil
few squidges honey
150ml/5fl oz soy sauce
1 lime, zest only
Preparation method

Is Sainsbury's still open cos I seem to have run out of Sichaun peppercorns?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Outplayed, outfought, outsung. How does it feel
Yes, Yes, No. I didn't hear you until the 80th minute. I know you were singing before then, fans nearer your end have said, but you weren't actually loud until you scored. As for how does it feel - well that game was over 24 hours ago - it feels like we're playing great football in front of 20 thousand, week in, week out, in an amazing stadium. It feels bloody great being a Brighton fan right now. So we had one bad result - I've waited 14 years for this new ground, we've been bottom of the 4th division and half an hour from relegation out of the football league. Maybe you know so little about football that you think one game can put a dent on that. But it can't.

To be perfectly honest, I'm still on cloud 9.

PALACEFAN

Banned
May 24, 2011
Yes, Yes, No. I didn't hear you until the 80th minute. I know you were singing before then, fans nearer your end have said, but you weren't actually loud until you scored. As for how does it feel - well that game was over 24 hours ago - it feels like we're playing great football in front of 20 thousand, week in, week out, in an amazing stadium. It feels bloody great being a Brighton fan right now. So we had one bad result - I've waited 14 years for this new ground, we've been bottom of the 4th division and half an hour from relegation out of the football league. Maybe you know so little about football that you think one game can put a dent on that. But it can't.

We outsung you all game mate you must have hearing problems

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
I feel deeply embarrassed to support the same side as the opening poster spastic.

He'll pipe up with a "your mum" gag in a sec.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton

this in spades

f**k off palace back to your humdrum mediocrity. you might have your 30 years in the top two divisions (so heroic) but you'll never understand how it feels to be BACK. see you at your tumbledown f***ing selhurst hovel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here