Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We Are Staying Up...

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Yeah it is ridiculous that anyone would try to even imagine giving us a chance of survival this season. Lets all give up on this season and have crowds of 0 and look forward to next season. If it isn't depressing enough that we lose, it is worst that idiots like you coming on here and moaning all the time.

By the way, there are 10 games left and 30 points, which would take us to 65. How does this make it impossible. I am sorry if it upsets the idiots on here but I will continue to hope while there is a realistic chance.

here here...

we are 3 points behind the worst team i have ever seen in my life (yeovil), and 3 behind northampton and swindon (with a game in hand over swindon!) how is that in any way impossible when the deficit can be cut down to 0 points in one game, and we have 10 games left! (not taking into account goal difference)

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Get real - the only 'run of form' we've had this season is in terms of getting beat!!

In case you hadn't noticed WE'VE NOT WON TWO BACK-TO-BACK MATCHES IN THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON FFS!!!

Come back to moan when you have looked at the results this season. :wozza:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Such an intelligent critique. People who use 2 different names are sadder than those who've lost all grip on reality and think we can still stay up after the past 36 appearances :bigwave:

I am sure you are looking forward to the day we are relegated so you can smugly bounce this thread and congratulate yourself on how right you were. Which would prove right everything I am thinking about you now.

Some people on here get a disturbing amount of enjoyment out of us losing.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yeah it is ridiculous that anyone would try to even imagine giving us a chance of survival this season. Lets all give up on this season and have crowds of 0 and look forward to next season. If it isn't depressing enough that we lose, it is worst that idiots like you coming on here and moaning all the time.

By the way, there are 10 games left and 30 points, which would take us to 65. How does this make it impossible. I am sorry if it upsets the idiots on here but I will continue to hope while there is a realistic chance.

Look Finchley, don't you start. We're all hacked off we lost. But you've been on the sherry if you think we're staying up now. It's actually a lot more idiotic to constantly ignore the crisis we're in and believe that we'll go on a 30 point run with 10 games to go. That is just f***ing crazy talk and you, regardless of being of an optmist, should know better. Or are you still dreaming of the play-offs? FFS, who's more the fool? The fool? Or the fools who follow?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

to be honest I thought we were down after the Northampton match, and although I didnt see the millwall game, I have seen nothing that has changed my mind. Football is all about momentum and our dissapeared long ago

My concern is now what happens next year.

If you take the current squad, I can see perhaps 5 players staying on and it would be interesting to see if Murray and Forster remain ( certainly they are much better than 4th divi footy)

The 4th division is not easy to get out of, ask Bardford.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Look Finchley, don't you start. We're all hacked off we lost. But you've been on the sherry if you think we're staying up now. It's actually a lot more idiotic to constantly ignore the crisis we're in and believe that we'll go on a 30 point run with 10 games to go. That is just f***ing crazy talk and you, regardless of being of an optmist, should know better. Or are you still dreaming of the play-offs? FFS, who's more the fool? The fool? Or the fools who follow?

Am I saying that we are going to stay up? For what it is worth, I actually think we will probably go down.

All I said was that there are 30 points still available, not that we were going to get them all. All I am saying is while there is a chance I will keep going and be hopeful of survival otherwise there is no point in going. If (and notice the IF) we win on Saturday a lot of the people on here saying we are down will suddenly turn and say we are staying up.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
So, are you going to support the team for the rest of the season in the hope they will stay up or not?

Because if you are, your a hypocrite. And if no, then why the f*** are you on here, and why do you 'support' this club.

I've lost interested for this season, that is true, because I've seen enough campaigns to know an awful Albion team when I see one. And all of those have been relegated with one exception - and that was only because 1 team got relegated from that division. Besides, I don't have to explain myself to you, yer young whipper snapper. I've done an awful lot for this club down the years but I'm not interested in telling you all about that and besides, that doesn't stop me knowing when we're not good enough to stay up. So stop twisting this thread into a 'my cock's bigger than your cock' loyalty argument and get back to what we fell out about - which is you dribbling on about, in a camp manner I must add, how Brighton can still get 30 points and stay up after tonight's performance. It sounds ridiculous!!

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Tonight was only a minor setback, but we'll be back with a victory against Scunthorpe. All the positive vibes will be around the board again, and we WILL stay up.

BELEIVE :albion2:

Wish i could belive you, but the way we played tonight was just awfull carn't see us getting anything from our next 3 games

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008

Why are you admitting defeat with 10 games to play?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I've lost interested for this season, that is true, because I've seen enough campaigns to know an awful Albion team when I see one. And all of those have been relegated with one exception - and that was only because 1 team got relegated from that division. Besides, I don't have to explain myself to you, yer young whipper snapper. I've done an awful lot for this club down the years but I'm not interested in telling you all about that and besides, that doesn't stop me knowing when we're not good enough to stay up. So stop twisting this thread into a 'my cock's bigger than your cock' loyalty argument and get back to what we fell out about - which is you dribbling on about, in a camp manner I must add, how Brighton can still get 30 points and stay up after tonight's performance. It sounds ridiculous!!

So can Yeovil stay up after their performance against us Saturday?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Such an intelligent critique. People who use 2 different names are sadder than those who've lost all grip on reality and think we can still stay up after the past 36 appearances :bigwave:

Get real - the only 'run of form' we've had this season is in terms of getting beat!!

In case you hadn't noticed WE'VE NOT WON TWO BACK-TO-BACK MATCHES IN THE LEAGUE THIS SEASON FFS!!!

2 different names? well my actual name isnt beefypigeon believe it or not.

its going to be difficult... im not saying we are GOING to stay up. But people are saying we are definately going down, when infact we are only 3 points from safety. behind 3 teams who are just as shit as we are, hense why we are all down there. its not entirely impossible we will get 3 or 4 points more than other teams such as northampton and swindon in the run in.

there really is no need to be so twattish towards people who actually think we might survive.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
It's official...

Attachments

• aretha1.jpg
    aretha1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 111

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"We are staying up!"............?

Sadly I'm beginning to feel the only staying up we do will involve a creek and no paddle......................

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008

I think your the one twisting things now, when have I EVER said that we will get 30 points?

I know that you can't see a lot on your screen because of all the dribble from your mouth, but I can assure you that I have NEVER said that.

Although I do thoroughly beleive we can and will stay up.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Am I saying that we are going to stay up? For what it is worth, I actually think we will probably go down.

All I said was that there are 30 points still available, not that we were going to get them all. All I am saying is while there is a chance I will keep going and be hopeful of survival otherwise there is no point in going. If (and notice the IF) we win on Saturday a lot of the people on here saying we are down will suddenly turn and say we are staying up.

Yes, but I don't think anyone needs to be told 2 + 2 = 4 (maybe SDL does, but then he's not finished the state's GCSE curriculum yet so can be forgiven). But fair play, you've declared as I have that you think we're we're going down. I've not changed my opinion since last Tuesday's performance against Southend. And yes I have, maybe not to you, taken a consistent line of "we need to win 3 or 4 games on the trot before it's worth even a glance at the table" for several weeks now. That was perhaps realistic when we had Crewe, Orient, Yeovil and Southend to play, and possibly tonight's opponents. But not now, surely everyone can tell from the results we've had in the last 5 that it's just ridiculous to openly state we can still "do it". You might wish that in secret. But everyone does that. It's what you truely believe and what I think is that if you truely believe we'll stay up then you're optimism's misplaced. Doesn't mean you can't go along and support the boys. Just means you're unrealistic after tonights defeat. There endth the surmon.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Just got back and to be honest unless there is a major turn around in our performance we are down. Walsall took the piss tonight. They didn't even bother in the second half. We were bad very bad

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I think your the one twisting things now, when have I EVER said that we will get 30 points?

I know that you can't see a lot on your screen because of all the dribble from your mouth, but I can assure you that I have NEVER said that.

Although I do thoroughly beleive we can and will stay up.

Then I think you're misguided and can we part on that tonight? I'm off anyway. :bigwave:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
But not now, surely everyone can tell from the results we've had in the last 5 that it's just ridiculous to openly state we can still "do it". You might wish that in secret. But everyone does that. It's what you truely believe and what I think is that if you truely believe we'll stay up then you're optimism's misplaced. Doesn't mean you can't go along and support the boys. Just means you're unrealistic after tonights defeat. There endth the surmon.

That's where I disagree with you. I have said I think we will go down but it is possible to survive and while it is possible I will keep hoping. You have given up on the season when we are only 3 points from safety and to say at this stage that we can't survive is ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here