Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are Over Achieving!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Uncle Buck said:
Maybe the attacks cover over his paper thin knowledge of the game?

Well, I suppose we are lucky that our footballing knowledge was born at the Goldstone Ground, you cant blame him for the limited experience that only seeing the Albion play at a souless athletics track would bring.

It could happen to anyone.:)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rangdo said:
I think the point was that we are over-achieving to even be in this division when you look at our situation compared to every other team in this league, even the shit ones, and even if we go down we will have had 2 more seasons here than we should have. Not that we are over-achieving in this league. That was my interpretation of it anyway.

Sorry to be pedantic but shouldn't that be we have over achieved in the past to be here but we are most definitely not over achieving now.

I remember distinctly a conversation in my pub , that an ex manager said that he didn't expect us to win the play offs because ' the board don't want you to go up they can't afford it'.

Perhaps Leon Knights successful penalty caused the club a problem and we haven't as yet been able to overcome it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we're not over achieveing, we're failing at present.

if you think we're over achieving then your defeatist and thinking small

even with our budget it is possible to achieve and maintain CCC status I believe, DK needs to make sure what little he has to invest is in a few key appointments, namely a charismatic manager who can get the most from a mixed bag of players, not some dullard Sweaty who inspires tedium on and off the pitch and a possible club record of underachievement :angry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
zefarelly said:
we're not over achieveing, we're failing at present.

if you think we're over achieving then your defeatist and thinking small

even with our budget it is possible to achieve and maintain CCC status I believe, DK needs to make sure what little he has to invest is in a few key appointments, namely a charismatic manager who can get the most from a mixed bag of players, not some dullard Sweaty who inspires tedium on and off the pitch and a possible club record of underachievement :angry:

Probably exactly the same thing being said on Millwall and Sheff Weds boards, they'd be right though.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
zefarelly said:
a possible club record of underachievement :angry:

So far:
Season 1: Promoted to the Championship.
Season 2: Kept us in the Championship.
???

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Rangdo said:
So far:
???

Season 3: Still a chance of keeping us in the Championship yet.

Reading all this doom and gloom is depressing, people already resigned to relegation etc. This may sound strange but until we are mathematically relegated there's still a good chance of staying up.

We didn't play badly on tuesday night, and with a little bit of luck it could have been a completely different score line. If we get a bit of luck and nick a few 3 points here and there its still possible, so don't write us off yet

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
BHA Jordan said:
Season 3: Still a chance of keeping us in the Championship yet.

Reading all this doom and gloom is depressing, people already resigned to relegation etc. This may sound strange but until we are mathematically relegated there's still a good chance of staying up.

We didn't play badly on tuesday night, and with a little bit of luck it could have been a completely different score line. If we get a bit of luck and nick a few 3 points here and there its still possible, so don't write us off yet

season 1, inherited someone elses good work and hung in there, we didn't really deserve to go up and lets face it the play off final was one of the worst games of football I've seen since we where at the Goldstone

season2, had its moments granted, but still managed to scrape and fluke our way out of trouble

season 3 remains to be seen, but we're not making it easy for ourselves

as for Tuesday and needing a little bit of luck . . . . people have been saying that for 2 years now, you either make your own luck, if not, ours has long since f***ed off elsewhere

Uncle Buck said:
Maybe the attacks cover over his paper thin knowledge of the game?
As you weren't even there Superfan, maybe it would pay you to listen for once about what actually happened? :wave:

Rougvie said:
Well, I suppose we are lucky that our footballing knowledge was born at the Goldstone Ground, you cant blame him for the limited experience that only seeing the Albion play at a souless athletics track would bring.

It could happen to anyone.:)
Blah, blah, blah - yeah thanks for those stimulating thoughts on our play at Carrow Road.

Isn't it interesting that nobody is actually challenging the points about the supposed liklihood of Hinsh's sending off. Everyone who was there knows what happened.

When you actually challenge the McGhee critics on their weak ideas, all you get is personal rubbish like the above, nothing about the actual game or our play.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
zefarelly said:
season 1, inherited someone elses good work and hung in there, we didn't really deserve to go up and lets face it the play off final was one of the worst games of football I've seen since we where at the Goldstone

season2, had its moments granted, but still managed to scrape and fluke our way out of trouble

So you agree then?

So far:

Excellent.

Oh, and the Play Off Final one of the worst games since the Goldstone? Jeez :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here