Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are Over Achieving!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Clapham Old Mug said:
Just going back to the subject of this thread (dull, I know, and this is arguably even duller), but I spent a little time at Ipswich station this afternoon waiting for a train to replace the one from Norwich which broke down (the so-called One train company presumably meaning One out of Ten). According to last night's programme, we've had a aggregate attendance at Withdean this season of 114,860. NC have had 402,446. At, say £15 a ticket average, that's an extra £4.314million they've earned, or £22,350 per day more than us since this season began... To be fair, Crewe, Luton and Millwall aren't much better off than us - but they don't have a planning appeal to nurture.
There - told you it would be dull...

People don't want to listen. They just want to moan.
Good post btw.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Yorkie said:
People don't want to listen. They just want to moan.
Good post btw.

A bit more composed than my version :lolol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
gerbil said:
Have I not got a reason to moan?

It wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the Anti-Mcghee/Knight/club-shop cleaner brigade. Clapham Old Mug was talking about the original thread subject.

Last edited:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Beach Hut said:
Therefore to remain where I was is £235 x 2 = £470 + £405 = £875 ?

Around £125 more per season ?

IF it's £235 for my boy and £405 for me that's £640 as against the £470 for the family stand.

That's £170 more.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
gerbil said:
IF it's £235 for my boy and £405 for me that's £640 as against the £470 for the family stand.

That's £170 more.

Works out about £125 more than last year for me, Junior and Mini but I can live with it (what choice) !

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Beach Hut said:
Works out about £125 more than last year for me, Junior and Mini but I can live with it (what choice) !

Are either of them under 10?

I think they are cheaper than a normal child.

Definately £170 more for us. Presuming it is £235 for a kid.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Stupid move by the club.

Is it not possible to move the away stand so that it is paralell to the goal line (similar to the away fans?). At least that might improve the view a little?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
gerbil said:
Are either of them under 10?

I think they are cheaper than a normal child.

Definately £170 more for us. Presuming it is £235 for a kid.

Yes one is an under 10 the other 13 going on 21 :angry: :angry:

Withdean and I said:
I was at the Norwich match last night.

I have to say that I thought we played superbly and it was just the lack of a decent striker (or two) that was the difference between us.

Considering Norwich have a Premier League set up I think we should be very proud of what we are currently achieving.

I know we are losing games and probably getting relegated this year but lets all get real and remember we are actually over-achieving in reality.

So lets get off MM's back and just enjoy the incredible places we are again playing in this season and the generally good quality of football we are playing, on the most limited budget you could imagine at this level.

Our club is full of OVERACHIEVEMENT....let's enjoy it!:clap2:

I agree fully :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Why oh why don't people appreciate what we've had for the past two years - I've got to as many away games as I could in tier 2 because I knew this was unlikely to last year after year with the club's spending power so restricted.
I'm guessing the family stand move is part of an effort to improve the club's spending power, but whatever the club does right now, it seems they can never win.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It is true we can't compete in terms of finances and facilities with other teams in this league, and of course that has to be taken into account when judging a manager, I feel McGhee's strange tactics, team selections, and substitutions often cost us, Norwich being a fine example.

Last night when 1-0 down, McGhee took off Gary Hart, who was playing up front, for CKR, leaving Hinsh on the right side of midfield to double up on the dangerman Huckerby.
Which is fair enough if it's 0-0, but we were trailing, we needed a goal?
I said at the time Hinsh should come off, it's not just because he was sent off, but that vindicates it, he had an alright game but it was his first for 11 months, he was on a yellow, and Huckerby can cause anyone problems. Mine and I'm sure others thinking was bring him off for CKR/Jake Robinson, and move Hart to right wing, tell him to stay with Huckerby when they've got the ball, but when we've got it provide an attacking option. This would have made more sense imo, especially as Hart marked/tackled Huckerby out of the game at Withdean and he ended up getting dragged off.

But instead Hinsh stayed on, Hart came off, 5 minutes later Hinsh got a second yellow for a foul on Huckerby.
So CKR came to the right, 18 year old Joe Gatting was left as lone striker.

We had Jake Robinson on the bench, or Doug Loft, an attacking midfielder, or even Paul Reid in midfield, we could have easily gone to 3-5-2 as all our back four could play centre back. McGhee was even presented an ideal oppurtunity to this when Lynch (left back) came off injured, but he didn't, he brought on Paul Ried, but rather than pushing him into midfield and CKR up front he put him in at left back and stuck with 4-4-1. Even though we needed a goal...

Last edited:

This is typical of NSC - one fan lambasts McGhee for not paying enough attention to Huckerby, now Silent Bob does so because he paid TOO much attention to Huckerby by keeping Hinsh on him. How on earth a manager is meant to get a fair hearing on here, I'll never know with these kind of a la carte digs, one to suit every menu.

Once again Silent Bob sums up the Monday morning quarterbacking of so many McGhee critics, dubious assertions piled on to a mountain of what ifs. If only he'd have done this, we'd have defintely scored blah blah blah.

We outplayed Norwich for much of the second half, had some chances and only conceded at the end when we were piling so many bodies forward.

That irony is no doubt lost on Silent Bob who believes we would have done better by piling more bodies forward earlier and giving Huckerby more space to exploit :rolleyes:

And McGhee is also meant to be able to see into the future too in knowing which of our players on yellow cards is going to get another f***ing disgraceful decision from the ref. Why oh why McGhee didn't you drag McShane off, we could have gone down to nine men :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
That irony is no doubt lost on Silent Bob who believes we would have done better by piling more bodies forward earlier and giving Huckerby more space to exploit :rolleyes:
Erm, no.

I said put Gary Hart on him, who is probably quicker than Hinsh, and would've been less tired.

Silent Bob said:
Erm, no.

I said put Gary Hart on him, who is probably quicker than Hinsh, and would've been less tired.

Less tired after flogging himself up front, yeah right. What midfield position would you have vacated then? Oh I forget, unlike McGhee you can see into the future and would have kept us at 11 men :) Bravo :clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Less tired after flogging himself up front, yeah right. What midfield position would you have vacated then?

Less tired yes, than Adam Hinshelwood who had been run ragged by proabbly the quickest player in the division in his first game back after an 11 month spell on the sidelines. This is Gary Hart we're talking about yes? The player who has run his bollocks off all game every game for the last seven years. I'm pretty sure he had more left in his tank than Hinsh. and wasn't on a booking.

London Irish said:
Oh I forget, unlike McGhee you can see into the future and would have kept us at 11 men :) Bravo :clap:
Well, yes, what I have said is what I thought made most sense and what I thought McGhee was actually going to do.....

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
LI you are a twat, some points you make are correct the manner you make them in are so condesending you make me f***ing boil. just because someone who quite possibly could be more intelligent than yourself dares to have a differing view you are plain right f***ing rude. Typical of a blinkered left wing activist . You're like that advert for the fiery pepperami you will not let up.

Clapham Old Mug said:
To be fair, Crewe, Luton and Millwall aren't much better off than us - but they don't have a planning appeal to nurture.

Sadly, those 3 clubs are still much better off than us even on similar attendances because they own their grounds and far less is eaten up in admin and overheads, Withdean does not produce the normal revenue of a football ground. Those other clubs also have far more space and opportunities for corporate stuff too.

None of this is a secret yet still the easily excitable among us believe we have a god given right to be at tier 2.

PILTDOWN MAN said:
LI you are a twat, some points you make are correct the manner you make them in are so condesending you make me f***ing boil. just because someone who quite possibly could be more intelligent than yourself dares to have a differing view you are plain right f***ing rude. Typical of a blinkered left wing activist . You're like that advert for the fiery pepperami you will not let up.
And you're a model of calm debate and reason aren't you? Enjoy your little swearing hissy fit :clap:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
London Irish said:
And you're a model of calm debate and reason aren't you? Enjoy your little swearing hissy fit :clap:

i must say i did thank you for asking. i'm now relaxed after just getting in from my business.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here