Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are Over Achieving!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well there is myself and my two sons in B block - I sincerely hope this is not the case otherwise there will be a severe letter to the club about this.

Completely unacceptable to say the least.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
North centre- 495
North singing & east wing- 445
South centre & singing- 435
South wings & south east- 405
East- 382
Family stand- adult & u16- 470
adult & u10- 422

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Like I said,to me it doesn't matter too much because we were never intending to renew but I think they're in for a bit of a shock come August with low season ticket sales.
I know of at least 8 people that aren't renewing.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Yorkie said:
North centre- 495
East- 382
adult & u10- 422

North stand is nigh impossible to get a season ticket in

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yorkie said:
North centre- 495
East- 382
adult & u10- 422

That's exactly it Yorkie.
Unless we moved to the "new" family stand we'd have to pay the normal south stand prices for next season.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
clapham_gull said:

.. or maybe I havent really thought this through though. I guess you are subsidised to a certain extent ? .. but that's the point of family tickets and encouraging parents to bring youngsters isn't it.

Essentially though, if the amount I was used to paying went up by 200 pounds for the same seats I'd think twice about renewing.

From what I can understand the club has or will be moving the family stand. Therefore the choice is move to the new family stand and continue to pay the same or stay where you are which will no longer be a family stand and pay full price.
I don't think it's unreasonable. If the seats are now worth more they will be losing money (£200 per season in this case) for each one they don't sell at full price.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Rangdo said:
From what I can understand the club has or will be moving the family stand. Therefore the choice is move to the new family stand and continue to pay the same or stay where you are which will no longer be a family stand and pay full price.
I don't think it's unreasonable. If the seats are now worth more they will be losing money (£200 per season in this case) for each one they don't sell at full price.

So give the kids a far inferior view?
That'll make them want to come back.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
gerbil said:

Beach Hut, haven't you brught your Sunday teams to games using that stand?
Have they enjoyed it?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Yorkie said:
Have they enjoyed it?

I'm sorry I used to steward in that stand and the view is terrible.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This needs investigation under the trading standards act.

For a start the family prices are inflated by quite a bit I am sure I only paid about £750 for three seasons for this year (one adult, 2 children).

Why should the fans of tomorrow have to have the worst seats in the ground ?

What about those who have paid in advance ?

This will go down really well a spectacular own goal by the club.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
gerbil said:

I'm looking at it from a business point of view. The Mcghee out brigade are moaning because we've got no money for players but essentially you are arguing that the club should lose £200 a season on each seat to let people stay in the old family stand. You can't keep everyone happy all of the time.
Besides, I thought they were the same view more or less. Aren't both stands either side of the goal behind the running track?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yorkie said:
Have they enjoyed it?

Yes but why should I move from the south stand. What is the reduction for a child on the £405 price ?

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Beach Hut said:
Yes but why should I move from the south stand. What is the reduction for a child on the £405 price ?

I've thrown the letter away but from memory it was about £235

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
gerbil said:
I've thrown the letter away but from memory it was about £235

Therefore to remain where I was is £235 x 2 = £470 + £405 = £875 ?

Around £125 more per season ?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Rangdo said:
I'm looking at it from a business point of view. The Mcghee out brigade are moaning because we've got no money for players but essentially you are arguing that the club should lose £200 a season on each seat to let people stay in the old family stand. You can't keep everyone happy all of the time.
Besides, I thought they were the same view more or less. Aren't both stands either side of the goal behind the running track?

Well maybe they could of offered a cheaper rate for next season maybe £100 more ?? But if several people dont renew we will lose more money than we gain by charging £200 extra

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Beach Hut said:
Therefore to remain where I was is £235 x 2 = £470 + £405 = £875 ?

Around £125 more per season ?

I thought my Mrs worked it out as more than that but as I said I don't have the letter anymore.

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Just going back to the subject of this thread (dull, I know, and this is arguably even duller), but I spent a little time at Ipswich station this afternoon waiting for a train to replace the one from Norwich which broke down (the so-called One train company presumably meaning One out of Ten). According to last night's programme, we've had a aggregate attendance at Withdean this season of 114,860. NC have had 402,446. At, say £15 a ticket average, that's an extra £4.314million they've earned, or £22,350 per day more than us since this season began... To be fair, Crewe, Luton and Millwall aren't much better off than us - but they don't have a planning appeal to nurture.
There - told you it would be dull...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Clapham Old Mug said:
Just going back to the subject of this thread (dull, I know, and this is arguably even duller), but I spent a little time at Ipswich station this afternoon waiting for a train to replace the one from Norwich which broke down (the so-called One train company presumably meaning One out of Ten). According to last night's programme, we've had a aggregate attendance at Withdean this season of 114,860. NC have had 402,446. At, say £15 a ticket average, that's an extra £4.314million they've earned, or £22,350 per day more than us since this season began... To be fair, Crewe, Luton and Millwall aren't much better off than us - but they don't have a planning appeal to nurture.
There - told you it would be dull...

Don't bore us with facts. We want unsubstantiated rumour and bullshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here