Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We are no better than last season at this point FACT

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
But those are just two examples I gave.

I have seen White and Alzate for the last three years in the U23s, and there was more than just promise. Rather than waste a place on the bench with an expensive flop, Chris could have just as easily had White or Alzate there.

Alzate had a stress fracture in his back and was out for months - White was playing in League One and played 14 out of 21 games for a team that was bouncing between 6th and 7th place for the rest of the season. To suggest that White could have contributed ahead of Duffy and Dunk is stretching things a bit. In the PL you cannot afford to put people on the bench that you don't intend to play - and I am sure Bloom would have been far from happy to see white sitting on the bench, knowing he wasn't going to play while a player that cost £15million and being paid £50K a week wasn't even there.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
so what is you're agenda?

why are you suddenly spending so much of your time on our board?
Just because I post stuff that you don't agree with does not mean I have to have an agenda.

Maybe I just like discussing what is happening with Brighton the same as most other people on here.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Alzate had a stress fracture in his back and was out for months - White was playing in League One and played 14 out of 21 games for a team that was bouncing between 6th and 7th place for the rest of the season. To suggest that White could have contributed ahead of Duffy and Dunk is stretching things a bit. In the PL you cannot afford to put people on the bench that you don't intend to play - and I am sure Bloom would have been far from happy to see white sitting on the bench, knowing he wasn't going to play while a player that cost £15million and being paid £50K a week wasn't even there.

Bloom seems pretty happy to see Ali J not even make the squad this season so not sure this argument stacks up

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Just because I post stuff that you don't agree with does not mean I have to have an agenda.

Maybe I just like discussing what is happening with Brighton the same as most other people on here.

but why?, given you're not an albion fan?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
So Alzate was injured in January - and didn't play for the season - Connolly was injured in January - joined Luton after his recovery on 2 April, playing in two games out of six for Luton. It is a valid point that he may have not played because he wasn't fit - but he wouldn't have been able to play for Brighton either in that case. Furthermore, it generally is not a good idea to bring kids into a team struggling against relegation. Neither were able to contribute last season and to suggest that somehow Hughton should have utilised them is off-base in my opinion.

Maybe true, but your example gave the reason CH didn’t use them was because they were injured... he chose to loan them out.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Maybe true, but your example gave the reason CH didn’t use them was because they were injured... he chose to loan them out.

Yes he did - Alzate to League Two and Connolly to League One (and White to League One) - its not like a Championship team was kicking down the door trying to get them - yet apparently Hughton should have brought them into a team in the PL. Unfortunately that does not make sense to me.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yes he did - Alzate to League Two and Connolly to League One (and White to League One) - its not like a Championship team was kicking down the door trying to get them - yet apparently Hughton should have brought them into a team in the PL. Unfortunately that does not make sense to me.

Well fortunately it’s not up to you.

Actually Leeds were after White LAST season but CH wanted to keep him for the first part of the season to see if he could break into the side. Hence why was a lower league move to Peterborough in Jan.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

But that’s the point. White was only on loan for the second part of last season.

You get youngsters involved in the match day squad and ‘blood’ them from the bench. White is a capable RB and could have deputised for Bruno. (Who was struggling towards the end of games at times with his back).

Re the big signing’s, well they’re not playing now and perhaps Bloom would have been pleased to see his Academy investment paying off.

I wouldn’t have sent Alzate out to Swindon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Jumping to conclusions again :rolleyes:

Let's try an easier one. I'm sure that you'll have no concern that answering this one will cause people on this board to believe you have an agenda.

Do you support Crystal Palace?

(Bare in mind that, if the answer is 'No', only saying 'No' will be accepted by the good people of NSC as confirmation. Any political answer, no matter how many paragraphs, will provide an answer as clear as the one that Michael Howard gave when he didn't say that he didn't threaten to overrule him.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Ok so you are saying Hughton could not use them as

- they were not good enough for premium loans so therefore they would not be good enough for the first team
- did not play much as both were injured
- Bloom would not have been happy to see them on the bench over our record signing

Well there must have been some serious magical transformation this summer then as both now look the part in the regular first team despite by your own admission not playing much last season. Oh and Bloom suddenly does not care about the manager playing youngsters over his big signing.

Poor CH if only he had another month he could of spearheaded the introduction of youth into the starting eleven as that’s exactly the kind of thing he would have done

Christ can I have some of what you are drinking

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Look, he gave zero chance to our younger players. One of his many faults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here