Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We are no better than last season at this point FACT

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
tenor.gif

Your argument doesn't stand up. If you are a Brighton fan who disagrees with the club sacking Chris, then people will disagree with you, but accept that you have a different opinion about the direction we should be heading. If you are not a Brighton fan, then you are right, nobody will care what you think. The only reason for not answering the question is an inability to answer 'Yes'. What realistic reason could any Brighton fan have for not saying they support Brighton on a Brighton forum?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I have more faith in Hughton keeping us up than Potter. All our wins have come when our opponents were in shit form. That says everything.
Defensively we are utter garbage and it just gets worse. Arsenal are nailed on to turn us over next.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I have more faith in Hughton keeping us up than Potter. All our wins have come when our opponents were in shit form. That says everything.
Defensively we are utter garbage and it just gets worse. Arsenal are nailed on to turn us over next.

chill sweetie,

all you need to know is that you know nothing at all about football.

talk about something else you embarsssing tart

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

My god you're so boring.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To be fair Hughton is going to really struggle to keep us up.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Defensively we are utter garbage and it just gets worse.

If you compare the 14 PL games of this season with our previous 14 games in the competition, our garbage defence, whilst improving on minor stuff like:

Goals conceded (21 to 24),
Clean sheets (4 to 3),
Goals scored (4 of the 16 goals we have scored compared with 1 out of 8),
Assists, (3 to 1),
Wins (4 to 2), and
Points (15 to 10)

Have seemed to be picking up more yellows than they did last year. Is that what's annoying you?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Go on - name the Potter haters - I dare ya

Had you taken a boat load of obtuse drugs last night? It's the only explanation for the nonsense posts, deflection, obfuscation and general cockwomblery coming from your keyboard.

I pointed out that [MENTION=38177]Anya1000[/MENTION] (who only joined NSC when it was obvious Hughton was in trouble, and responded to the sacking with a series of "you will all be shocked when you know the truth" posts) was likely a member of Hughton's family. Others think they are a Palace fan, not an unfair supposition given that they were attacking a universally loved chairman in defending a manager who nearly took us down. I quoted their allegation of tacit racism by Bloom as an example of trolling. Bloom is one of the least racist people on the planet.

You then waded in, desperate for a piece of reflected trolling glory and, when I told you to read the quoted post, the above is your response? Frankly it doesn't make an ounce of sense.

I won't even start on your answers to the simple question of whether you are a Brighton fan or not. I think you're a tired old Irish troll with a massively over inflated sense of your own worth.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

'It just gets worse' ... What planet are you on? We've conceded pretty much the same amount of goals as this time last year. We just conceded two, just two, goals away at the European champions who haven't lost at home for what must be about 50 years now.

In what way does losing 2-1 away at Liverpool and playing so well against them second half - ending up with 55% possession overall which is unheard of for a team like us - mean Arsenal are 'nailed on' to turn us over next week? I mean, yes the are likely to beat us; we're playing arsenal at the Emirates under new management, but I can't see how yesterday's result and performance against the team 11 points clear at the top of the table now means we're 'nailed on' for defeat.

If this is what you're like when we're flying high - comparatively speaking - in the Premier League, Christ knows what you mustve been like when we were scrapping down in the lower leagues as we have been most of our existence.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was good enough to avoid relegation.

By your own admission you don’t go to games, if you did I can pretty well guarantee you’d have a deeper understanding of why people wanted a change. It’s so easy to watch on at stream or tv and then get on with your life, actually going to a game takes effort and to be served the same boring fare pretty well every game against every team, with no variation in tactics and seldom getting out of your own half is another thing altogether.

Long distance posturing on a forum defending the old manager whilst predicting doom and gloom for the new one, who most Brighton fans have taken to is hardly going to endear you to any of them. You are not a Brighton fan so you have no allegiance to the team only an ex manager. Hopefully CH will get a new job soon and you can move on to his new club’s forum with your long winded waffle.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is this still going on ?

Southampton ( Home ) - loss

Bournemouth ( Home ) - humiliated

Cardiff ( Home ) - Must win ( until Fulham got us out of jail ) - loss

Newcastle ( Home ) - draw with one of the worst half performances the Amex has seen.

Dire. Sacked, and rightly so.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Newcastle ( Home ) - draw with one of the worst half performances the Amex has seen.

Dire. Sacked, and rightly so.

Especially considering it was a home game we desperately needed to win. Sitting deep looking like we were desperately trying to survive the game without conceding like we were playing Man City was criminal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was good enough to avoid relegation.

Yes it was.

The whole anti-Hughton style of football remarks are quite irritating.

When we had a good run last year, (and the year before), we had the usual ‘top 8’ or ‘top 10’ team comments, but in reality we were a bottom 4 team, and based on budget, a bottom 3 team.

The fact Hughton kept us up should be lauded rather than criticised.

We bought some really ordinary players, and regardless of whether he had the final say, that list surely couldn’t have been up to much. Potter apparently feels the same way based on appearances of Big Jurg, AJ and Andone.

What we as fans have to ask ourselves, Is do we want PL football or just be a team that entertains regardless of division? (That’s not to say we’re going down BTW).

However, the quality (not style), was terrible in those closing months and even the positive attributes that contributed to the style (defensive organisation) disappeared. Bournemouth, Stains and Cardiff were so dreadful.

The defensive performances at Wolves and Spurs were brilliant technically, Wolves almost organisationally perfect, but supporters don’t always appreciate these important aspects, which is fine as people also want attacking football.

So despite feeling he was harshly treated (and a big part of me still does), you could see there needed to be an improvement.
What I still don’t understand is that surely Bloom and Barber should have been saying “come on Chris, let’s get this sorted”, but he reportedly had no inclination that he was getting sacked.

IMO where Potter has made a difference other than the attacking, is changing his formation up to 3 times a game. That is also genius in its own right. The integration of youngsters should have happened last season too.

Hypothetical, but I think White would have been a starter this year, if Potter had been here an extra year.

Sorry it’s so long winded, so whilst I love Chris for everything he did, even the first part of last season, I have woken up this morning quite positive as Potter has moved us forward......

I just wonder whether Chris could come back and do a session on blocking runs and defending set-pieces [emoji2]......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yes it was.

The whole anti-Hughton style of football remarks are quite irritating.

When we had a good run last year, (and the year before), we had the usual ‘top 8’ or ‘top 10’ team comments, but in reality we were a bottom 4 team, and based on budget, a bottom 3 team.

The fact Hughton kept us up should be lauded rather than criticised.

We bought some really ordinary players, and regardless of whether he had the final say, that list surely couldn’t have been up to much. Potter apparently feels the same way based on appearances of Big Jurg, AJ and Andone.

What we as fans have to ask ourselves, Is do we want PL football or just be a team that entertains regardless of division? (That’s not to say we’re going down BTW).

However, the quality (not style), was terrible in those closing months and even the positive attributes that contributed to the style (defensive organisation) disappeared. Bournemouth, Stains and Cardiff were so dreadful.

The defensive performances at Wolves and Spurs were brilliant technically, Wolves almost organisationally perfect, but supporters don’t always appreciate these important aspects, which is fine as people also want attacking football.

So despite feeling he was harshly treated (and a big part of me still does), you could see there needed to be an improvement.
What I still don’t understand is that surely Bloom and Barber should have been saying “come on Chris, let’s get this sorted”, but he reportedly had no inclination that he was getting sacked.

IMO where Potter has made a difference other than the attacking, is changing his formation up to 3 times a game. That is also genius in its own right. The integration of youngsters should have happened last season too.

Hypothetical, but I think White would have been a starter this year, if Potter had been here an extra year.

Sorry it’s so long winded, so whilst I love Chris for everything he did, even the first part of last season, I have woken up this morning quite positive as Potter has moved us forward......

I just wonder whether Chris could come back and do a session on blocking runs and defending set-pieces [emoji2]......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proper, considered post - thanks. I agree with nearly all of this - I still feel as though we treated CH badly at the end, but am so enjoying the football this year. And even at 2-0 down yesterday, as Klopp said in his interview, we 'didn't care about the score - just carried on playing the way we wanted to and made it difficult'. And the 'way we want to' is extremely pleasing and positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here