Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Rich Suvner said:
couldnt agree with you more Turkey

on saturday, large sections of our support made it quite clear they were glad to have FDM as our No 1.

FDM was far from amazing on sat. couple of good saves but distribution not even befitting my park kickabouts.

Exactly. This worshipping of Kuipers by some seems to have taken over to the extent that they have no regard for the effect this must have had on Henderson. How would they feel in the same situation? Some sections of the crowd who indulge in this kind of behaviour are a disgrace and it is no wonder that Henderson was unhappy. If their motive was to drive him out then it seems they have succeeded. There would then be little competition for their hero, who, it seems can do no wrong. I suspect that being dropped after an international call-up was the last strawa after the abuse he had been receiving from the Kuipers fan club, and I can't say I blame him for wanting to leave.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
London Irish said:
The saddest thing for me about the Argus story tomorrow is the
Dick Knight's comments about not wanting a player who doesn't want the play for the Albion is also a remarkable intervention, as it seems to totally close the door on any way back.

I agree. I think Dick Knight is well out of order for saying this. Why would a player want to play for a club when there are so called fans audibly making it abundantly clear to him that they prefer Kuipers. They are to blame for this unfortunate scenario not Henderson.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Quite agree, Fran.

Accept who is in goal and wait for their 'hero' to get a chance. It was a tough season for Henderson as teams were slicing through our midfield and backline like a hot knife through butter.

No player that is trying their hardest warrants that sort of abuse from the so called fans.

0,,10433~2776163,00.jpg

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Fran Hagarty said:
Exactly. This worshipping of Kuipers by some seems to have taken over to the extent that they have no regard for the effect this must have had on Henderson. How would they feel in the same situation? Some sections of the crowd who indulge in this kind of behaviour are a disgrace and it is no wonder that Henderson was unhappy. If their motive was to drive him out then it seems they have succeeded. There would then be little competition for their hero, who, it seems can do no wrong. I suspect that being dropped after an international call-up was the last strawa after the abuse he had been receiving from the Kuipers fan club, and I can't say I blame him for wanting to leave.

I worship Kuipers - bowdown: :bowdown: just because he's the best keeper at the club. If Hendersen doesn't like it, owe well...... :wave: :lolol: :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
LI you seem to have a lot of faith in Dick Knight (as I also do) so if he thinks Henderson is being unprofessional and the timing is outreagous do you not think he actions have been as bad as Kuipers if even Dick felt compelled to say such things?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
portlock seagull said:
I worship Kuipers - bowdown: :bowdown: just because he's the best keeper at the club. If Hendersen doesn't like it, owe well...... :wave: :lolol: :lolol:

What an idiotic view to hold.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Les Biehn said:
LI you seem to have a lot of faith in Dick Knight (as I also do) so if he thinks Henderson is being unprofessional and the timing is outreagous do you not think he actions have been as bad as Kuipers if even Dick felt compelled to say such things?

Personally, I have lost some of the respect I had for Dick Knight over this. He should not be publicly slating a player in this way, it should be kept behind closed doors. Of course I don't know what has been going on behind the scenes but does Dick knight not appreciate how the attitude of some of the "fans" towards Henderson could have reacched the point where it has become intolerable. I believe the transfer request is less to do with being dropped than his unhappiness at the reception he has received.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Fran Hagarty said:
I agree. I think Dick Knight is well out of order for saying this. Why would a player want to play for a club when there are so called fans audibly making it abundantly clear to him that they prefer Kuipers. They are to blame for this unfortunate scenario not Henderson.

You can't blame the fans Fran - they may not help - but he is a big boy who if he wants to make a career in the game will have to toughen up a bit. So a few fans don't like him and prefer the other keeper. Laugh it off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fran Hagarty said:

I am not sure I agree with this really.

kuips has been here for many a year and has built up a very good relationship with the crowd. I met him again yesterday after the game and he is an extremely personable bloke and IMHO you can see why people have taken to him. The club stuck by him after his horrendous injuries and as Henderson was away on international duties FDM took the number 1 shirt - then he played very well at Millwall and he kept the jersey. People have short memories - zamora was dropped by Adams when he was coming back from injury ( barnet???) and so there is a precedet here.

If Kuips deserves the No 1 spot, then he deserves it, not to be castigated for supporters getting behind him,.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Fran Hagarty said:
Personally, I have lost some of the respect I had for Dick Knight over this. He should not be publicly slating a player in this way, it should be kept behind closed doors. Of course I don't know what has been going on behind the scenes but does Dick knight not appreciate how the attitude of some of the "fans" towards Henderson could have reacched the point where it has become intolerable. I believe the transfer request is less to do with being dropped than his unhappiness at the reception he has received.

But the fact that Dick doesn't usually make statements like that in such a public fashion suggests to me there maybe more to this than we are aware of at the mo.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dick Knights Mum said:
You can't blame the fans Fran - they may not help - but he is a big boy who if he wants to make a career in the game will have to toughen up a bit. So a few fans don't like him and prefer the other keeper. Laugh it off.

Personalities differ and I don't think age or maturity make a lot of difference. Some people are better able to take criticism or rejection than others, depending on their vulnerability in this respect. If I were Henderson, I know I would be affected by the treatment he has received, others, as you say, who are more thick skinned, would be able to laugh it off.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dies Irae said:
I am not sure I agree with this really.

kuips has been here for many a year and has built up a very good relationship with the crowd. I met him again yesterday after the game and he is an extremely personable bloke and IMHO you can see why people have taken to him. The club stuck by him after his horrendous injuries and as Henderson was away on international duties FDM took the number 1 shirt - then he played very well at Millwall and he kept the jersey. People have short memories - zamora was dropped by Adams when he was coming back from injury ( barnet???) and so there is a precedet here.

If Kuips deserves the No 1 spot, then he deserves it, not to be castigated for supporters getting behind him,.

I accept what you're saying, however, I'm not castigating Kuipers but the fans who make their preference for him known in Henderson's presence. That to me, is out of order, whatever regard they may have built up over the years for Kuipers. He has undoubtedly been a good servant to the club but Henderson should also be given respect and support whether or not he is in goal and not abused directly or indirectly within earshot by those who prefer Kuipers.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would go along with that 100%.

I am not sure if I have heard this - are you referring to people singing the FDM song when Henderson made a hash of a save?

If so, then Yes that is wrong...

I thought the abuse Kerry got last night was amazing. In the second half he was spreading the play with some superb long balls to Revell, but people didnt see that seemly:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fran Hagarty said:
I accept what you're saying, however, I'm not castigating Kuipers but the fans who make their preference for him known in Henderson's presence. That to me, is out of order, whatever regard they may have built up over the years for Kuipers. He has undoubtedly been a good servant to the club but Henderson should also be given respect and support whether or not he is in goal and not abused directly or indirectly within earshot by those who prefer Kuipers.
I've made no secret of my preference for Kuipers, but I wholeheartedly agree with this. Audibly getting on Hendersons back and/or chanting for Kuipers when Hendo is in goal is BANG out of order.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Fran Hagarty said:
Personalities differ and I don't think age or maturity make a lot of difference. Some people are better able to take criticism or rejection than others, depending on their vulnerability in this respect. If I were Henderson, I know I would be affected by the treatment he has received, others, as you say, who are more thick skinned, would be able to laugh it off.

But what you don't do is hand in a transfer request. What will other clubs think ? Unless he really was a top keeper (and the jury is out) - it is only going to put other Clubs off. First sign of trouble and he's off. He will regret it.

Yoda

English & European
Mr Burns said:
But to what end. He wins his place back, knowing that he'll lose it as soon as Ireland call him up. What player would play for a club with that knowledge?

But if he is playing out of his skin before the call up, he'll be straight back in as the form guy.

Jeez! :rolleyes:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Easy 10 said:
I've made no secret of my preference for Kuipers, but I wholeheartedly agree with this. Audibly getting on Hendersons back and/or chanting for Kuipers when Hendo is in goal is BANG out of order.
I may have got the wrong player but didn't a number of people in the South Stand CHEER when Henderson hurt himself at the start of a game recently (towards the end of last year?)?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dies Irae said:
I would go along with that 100%.

I am not sure if I have heard this - are you referring to people singing the FDM song when Henderson made a hash of a save?

If so, then Yes that is wrong...

I thought the abuse Kerry got last night was amazing. In the second half he was spreading the play with some superb long balls to Revell, but people didnt see that seemly:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes, that and other similar incidents.

I agree regarding the abuse Kerry received. It was not one of his better games and he is not one of the most talented players, but he has always shown commitment and how is abusing a player supposed to help improve his performance? I suggest that it is more likely to deflate him and make matters worse.

Maybe I'm too "nice" but I've never been able to come to terms with what people get out of abusing players other than as means of venting their own frustrations and inner anger!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yoda said:
But if he is playing out of his skin before the call up, he'll be straight back in as the form guy.

Jeez! :rolleyes:

but has he ever played out of his skin for us? i am not sure he has really...he has played well, had shockers, but brilliantly? I am not sure

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dick Knights Mum said:
But what you don't do is hand in a transfer request. What will other clubs think ? Unless he really was a top keeper (and the jury is out) - it is only going to put other Clubs off. First sign of trouble and he's off. He will regret it.

Possibly he will, but what part do you suspect his agent had in this? I may be wrong, but I think he is CKR's agent too. Say no more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here