Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Easy 10 said:
McGhee's "come and say sorry to me or f*** off" stance/ultimatum is what deprived him of that choice.

Hmm, much as dropping a goalie for the sin of representing their country deprives Wilkins of that choice, yes or no?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
British Bulldog said:
He lost his place at Bristol City due to an international call up yeah? From what I've heard Kuipers played a very good game & kept the shirt at Millwall, Then Kuipers kept a clean sheet at Millwall so what was wrong with him being picked again tonight? Being in an international squad should never give you a god given right to be an automatiic choice for your club. If Henderson thinks that then he is so wrong. Pickingplayers for a team is not allways down to who's the best, sometimes it's who's got the confidence.
:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: For Fucks sakes I'm not saying because your a member of an international squad, you should have the right to be automatic choice at your club. f***ing hell, help me out here.

What I am saying, is player who is a long standing first choice at his club, should not LOSE his place BECAUSE of an INTERNATIONAL CALL-UP.

Because of that Call up I'm not saying he should never be dropped again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS:angry: :dunce:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mr Burns said:
But to what end. He wins his place back, knowing that he'll lose it as soon as Ireland call him up. What player would play for a club with that knowledge?

Don't try and be a smart arse with your competition for places quip. Because your making yourself look ignorant . Had it been a straight forward dropping than I'd totally agree with you. So he proves to Wilkins he's number one and gets his place back. How can he believe he wont be dropped again if Kuipers comes in and plays a stormer, when he's next with Ireland?
But this argument cuts both ways. If Kuipers plays a couple of stormers in Hendo's International absence, then what has he done wrong to automatically lose his place in the team once Hendo comes back from the Irish bench ?

Its a judgement call for the manager, simple as that. They'll BOTH get opportunities this season (at least assuming Hendo comes to his senses and stays). There are no hard and fast rules about who should walk back into the side and who shouldn't, regardless whether they've missed games through call-ups, suspensions, injuries, whatever. Its all part of the game - the manager doesn't have to be bound by your various rules about who should play after International week. Its up to Wilkins, he's under no obligations. He'll pick who he wants, based on form, fitness and performances, simple as.
Whats so WRONG with that ?

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
maybe dean wilkins has been sitting back for months thinking why the f*** does he keep picking hendo and thought this is not fair on fdm and for no-one wanting fdm peter taylor wanted to take him to hull and i also think blayney was better than hendo

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Easy 10 said:
But this argument cuts both ways. If Kuipers plays a couple of stormers in Hendo's International absence, then what has he done wrong to automatically lose his place in the team once Hendo comes back from the Irish bench ?

Its a judgement call for the manager, simple as that. They'll BOTH get opportunities this season (at least assuming Hendo comes to his senses and stays). There are no hard and fast rules about who should walk back into the side and who shouldn't, regardless whether they've missed games through call-ups, suspensions, injuries, whatever. Its all part of the game - the manager doesn't have to be bound by your various rules about who should play after International week. Its up to Wilkins, he's under no obligations. He'll pick who he wants, based on form, fitness and performances, simple as.
Whats so WRONG with that ?
Your moving the goalposts here mate. ONE game Henderson missed. Not a COUPLE, 3 4 or 5. He missed ONE game. If he missed 3 or 4 because of it, then yes, Kuipers if he plays well than the argument is different. But after being first choice for the second half of last season, and all of this season, to lose your place because you missed one game, would be harsh if it were down to injury or suspension, but for an international call up it is just WRONG. And if a manager does it IMO the player is entitled to get pissed off and ask to leave, especally a goalkeeper.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
Hmm, much as dropping a goalie for the sin of representing their country deprives Wilkins of that choice, yes or no?
Yes, thats right LI.
Wilkins is PUNISHING Hendo for being called up. I'm sure thats exactly how he explained it to him. "Hendo" he said. "You f***ed off to Ireland and Germany, so as far as I'm concerned, you're DROPPED sunshine".

:rolleyes:

Its too late for this shit. I'm going to bed.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
veade said:
maybe dean wilkins has been sitting back for months thinking why the f*** does he keep picking hendo and thought this is not fair on fdm and for no-one wanting fdm peter taylor wanted to take him to hull and i also think blayney was better than hendo
Thats fair enough. I haven't got a problem with who Wilkins thinks is the better keeper. All My argument is you can not drop a goalkeeper because he has been on international duty, and except him not to get pissed off and want to leave.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mr Burns said:
:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: For Fucks sakes I'm not saying because your a member of an international squad, you should have the right to be automatic choice at your club. f***ing hell, help me out here.

What I am saying, is player who is a long standing first choice at his club, should not LOSE his place BECAUSE of an INTERNATIONAL CALL-UP.

Because of that Call up I'm not saying he should never be dropped again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS:angry: :dunce:

Well maybe he was gonna be dropped by the time he joined up with the Irish squad anyway? (trying to help you out here) If you get called up & someone takes your place & does well then they keep the shirt! The risk you take when you get called up i guess? I bet he ai'nt the first player it's happened too & he won't be the last. It's up to him to win his place back or sulk off to another club.

Turkey said:
I'm not suprised because the fans have never warmed to Henderson.

He was by the touchline taking a free-kick in the Crewe game and the fans next to him were singing 'Michel Kuipers, FDM..' in his face.

There's a complete lack of respect from the fans. Everyone goes on about his mistakes and forgets the superb saves he makes.
The saddest thing for me about the Argus story tomorrow is the confirmation that Hendo was unhappy EVEN when McGhee was picking him as No1. It shows how much he must have heard the comments in the crowd. Who says fans have no power, eh?

Dick Knight's comments about not wanting a player who doesn't want the play for the Albion is also a remarkable intervention, as it seems to totally close the door on any way back.

veade said:
for no-one wanting fdm peter taylor wanted to take him to hull
And he'd have gone if the cheeky tight sod had even offered us a bit of money for him.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sources close to him have revealed to The Argus that he feels he has been harshly treated by some supporters who favour Kuipers Henderson is seeking a loan move until the transfer window re-opens in the new year.

bit from argus.

Tell you what, bighton have the best fans in the country :shootself

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Albion chairman Dick Knight has branded goalkeeper Wayne Henderson "outrageous" and "very unprofessional" for handing in a transfer request ahead of last night's home game against Bournemouth.

Henderson was due to be on the bench as cover for Michel Kuipers but caretaker boss Dean Wilkins axed him from the squad and drafted in youngster John Sullivan.

Knight said: "I think the timing of his request is absolutely outrageous, with the club in a period of change.

continued...
"We don't want players at this club who don't want to play for us but I still think, given the circumstances, the timing is very unfortunate and very unprofessional."

Henderson, 23 this Saturday, has been Albion's regular No. 1 since joining the Seagulls for £20,000 from Aston Villa during the January transfer window after a successful loan spell earlier last season.

He has also established himself in the Republic of Ireland senior squad and was on the bench as cover for Shay Given for the European Championship qualifier in Germany.

Kuipers starred in Henderson's absence in Albion's 1-0 defeat at Bristol City the same day, Mark McGhee's last match as manager.

McGhee told Henderson he would be back in the team for last Saturday's game at Millwall but McGhee was then sacked and Wilkins picked Kuipers. It was the final straw for Henderson, who has been unhappy at Albion for some time.

Sources close to him have revealed to The Argus that he feels he has been harshly treated by some supporters who favour Kuipers Henderson is seeking a loan move until the transfer window re-opens in the new year.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
I would hate for him to leave- simply for what could have happened last night.

All it needed was for Kuipers to have picked up an injury or been sent off and we wouldn't have anyone in goal. Imagine if he was sent off after 10 minutes?! 80 minutes with an outside player in goal :nono:

And if Kuipers is out for a while (either injury or suspension) who will start in goal? I think (could be wrong) Martin is injured, Sullivan is out on loan, so that leaves us with Winterton. Is he ready yet?

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Mr Burns said:
Kuiper lost his place last season because he didn't perform. Maybe it was a hang over from that injury. But his sulk steamed from Chaigenau replacing him. He cannot use the injury as an excuse. He was dropped due to foem. End of.

He played two more games after that. He came back in for the Leeds game (which we won) but the SHeff Utd game was the big problem. He shipped 3 goals and had a go at Lynch even though it was him who put him under pressure by rolling the ball out to him when Ifill was right behind him. McShane had a go at FDm right there on the pitch.
Kuipers then had a go at the youngsters in the dressing room (hence why it was reported he had to apologise to his temamates)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Nothing suprising about the article in the argus.

Hendersons dip in form co-incides with increased amount of abuse from the crowd:nono:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Withdean Wanderer said:
Nothing suprising about the article in the argus.

Hendersons dip in form co-incides with increased amount of abuse from the crowd:nono:

So when he most needs a lift peoiple beat him even more

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I just heard this on the way out of the ground last night - and I can't be arsed to wade through all the thread - so apologies if this has been already posted ...........

........ but he does himself no favours by slapping in a transfer request at the first (or second, or third) sign of trouble. Just get your head down and force your way back into the team.

If you can't do that - then piss off. And the same goes for Kuipers or anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here