Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Yoda said:
That only get's you so far. Every top class player know's you need FIRST TEAM games to get your full match fitness (Sharpness in the case of a goalkeeper) back.

What? So FDM wasn't fully match fit at Bristol? :jester:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Like every other player not in the eleven, the RESERVES!

Mate.

You've had a rotten week.

First McGhee.

Now Henderson.

You keep backing losers.

Why not take a bit of time out and try to at least regain some credibility. It'll be a slow and tortuous process, to be sure, but we have every faith in you. :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
Yes! He played for Boston when he should have been f***ing here!
Look, I'll spell this out.
He didn't refuse to PLAY
He refused to APOLOGISE TO MCGHEE

As a result, McGheefroze him out of the team and McGhee farmed him out on loan. At NO POINT was it reported that Kuipers refused to train, sit on the bench, or play. Had McGhee called him into the squad, Kuipers would have been there - he is a professional who is being PAID by the club to do a job. If the manager decides to leave him out of the team until he apologies, then that is McGhee's decision, not Kuipers.

Christ, its like pushing custard up walls.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Easy 10 said:
But you and Mr Burns are saying that it was Kuipers who REFUSED to train, and Kuipers who REFUSED to play, when thats simply not true. OK, maybe McGhee was within his rights to exclude Kuipers from the squad until he got his precious apology, but you cannot equate that to a refusal to play on Kuipers part. Kuipers being out of the squad was McGhee's decision, no-one elses.

And I still don't know where you're dredging up this "apology to team mates" malarky. Kuipers gobbed off at McGhee for dropping him, so got frozen out as a result - whats he got to apologise to the team for ? The argument was between those two, and those two alone.
No player should gobbed off to their manager if he dropped. Its unprofessional!
He owed the manager an apology.
He refused.
The manager told him he couldn't train and theefore be part of the squad unless he apologised.
He refused to apologise.
So by doing that he refused to train.
The fact he apologised pre-season, means there was obviously something to apologise for. That or he discovered no one else wanted him. But him being a Albion legend, surely this cannot be the case, so he must have apologised for the good of the club, and not himself.

i'D HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR KUIPERS IF HE STUCK TO HIS GUNS AND LEFT. BUT THE FACT HE BACK DOWN CAN ONLY MEAN HE WAS IN THE WRONG

Last edited:

Tom Hark said:
Mate.

You've had a rotten week.

First McGhee.

Now Henderson.

You keep backing losers.

Why not take a bit of time out and try to at least regain some credibility. It'll be a slow and tortuous process, to be sure, but we have every faith in you. :lol:

At least I back someone - who the hell do you back? The last but one bandwagon I think you got on was "Leon Knight, he's alright" ooooooooh good call, and the last one Jake Robinson? How did your precious boy do tonight then? :dunce: :D

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Easy 10 said:
But you and Mr Burns are saying that it was Kuipers who REFUSED to train, and Kuipers who REFUSED to play, when thats simply not true. OK, maybe McGhee was within his rights to exclude Kuipers from the squad until he got his precious apology, but you cannot equate that to a refusal to play on Kuipers part. Kuipers being out of the squad was McGhee's decision, no-one elses.

And I still don't know where you're dredging up this "apology to team mates" malarky. Kuipers gobbed off at McGhee for dropping him, so got frozen out as a result - whats he got to apologise to the team for ? The argument was between those two, and those two alone.

No, I never mentioned anything about him refusing to do this or that, only the fact that he refused to apologise to his teamates. Now, I dont know why he had to apologise to them when obviously the row was with McGhee, maybe he slagged off other team members in front of them during this argument. Who knows? Only those on the inside i expect.

Easy 10 said:
Look, I'll spell this out.
He didn't refuse to PLAY
He refused to APOLOGISE TO MCGHEE
Oh that's alright then! Listen to yourself :lolol: He behaves disruptively, he refuses to apologise to the gaffer and then he fucks off to a League 2 club ON HIS OWN REQUEST while his club is in relegation trouble.

Absolutely MODEL PROFESSIONAL :clap: :clap: :clap: :dunce:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mr Burns said:
No player should gobbed off to their manager if he dropped. Its unprofessional!
Just as unprofessional to hand in a transfer request a few hours before a game because the new manager has (shock horror) not selected you in the starting line-up. A real quivering-bottom-lip moment for Hendo there no doubt.

Anyway, this is going round in circles and no-one is ever going to agree. Did he refuse to play when asked ? No. Did he refuse to apologise ? Yes.

There is a huge difference. Whether you choose to see it or not basically boils down to whether you rate the fella or not.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
At least I back someone - who the hell do you back? The last but one bandwagon I think you got on was "Leon Knight, he's alright" ooooooooh good call, and the last one Jake Robinson? How did your precious boy do tonight then? :dunce: :D

Now calm down 'fella', you appear a tad rattled. For the record, I back FDM, Paul Reid, Joel Lynch, Adam El-Abd, the boy Fraser (and the boy Elphick when selected). Also OGH and the late-developing Jakey. Not many others in the current crew. Been consistent about Revell and Loft. Strictly non-league. McGhee signing Loft in particular was a disgrace. I look forward to you defending them to the HILT. and being proved wrong yet again cos as I keep saying, you have very little idea of what you are watching. Thought you might have learnt a little humility after your 'Dodgy Dan Harding Is A Soon To Be Premiership Player'. Or your pathetic touting of McCammon as having some worth as a footballer. But apparently not. Oh well :lol:

Oh, and Leon Knight is ABSOLUTELY alright BTW :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Mr Burns said:

The fact he apologised pre-season, means there was obviously something to apologise for. That or he discovered no one else wanted him. But him being a Albion legend, surely this cannot be the case, so he must have apologised for the good of the club, and not himself.

Or someone else on the board got hold of him re McGhee might not being here for long this season.

Stranger things have happened.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yoda said:
Or someone else on the board got hold of him re McGhee might not being here for long this season.

Stranger things have happened.
At some point during their bust up Kuipers told McGhee "at least I'll be here next season".

:D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
Oh that's alright then! Listen to yourself :lolol: He behaves disruptively, he refuses to apologise to the gaffer and then he fucks off to a League 2 club ON HIS OWN REQUEST while his club is in relegation trouble.

Absolutely MODEL PROFESSIONAL :clap: :clap: :clap: :dunce:
Not Kuipers finest moment at all, I agree.
However, I see you still choose to sidestep / ignore the central point I am making here, which is the fictional theory that that Kuipers refused to play for the Albion. He didn't refuse at all - he refused to apologise to McGhee. As a result, MCGHEE decided he would not pick Kuipers in the squad.

But keep peddling the crap anyway, I've long lost interest now.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Easy 10 said:
Just as unprofessional to hand in a transfer request a few hours before a game because the new manager has (shock horror) not selected you in the starting line-up. A real quivering-bottom-lip moment for Hendo there no doubt.

Anyway, this is going round in circles and no-one is ever going to agree. Did he refuse to play when asked ? No. Did he refuse to apologise ? Yes.

There is a huge difference. Whether you choose to see it or not basically boils down to whether you rate the fella or not.
It's not down to whether I rate him or not. I agree that there is not much to chose between them at the moment, but I think Henderson is the better keeper, and given the time he has on his side, will go on to be a much better keeper than Kuipers is capable of.

This story broke at 3pm, so I doubt if it was handed in a few hours before kick off. I would imagine it was handed in yesterday if they trained, or first thing this morning if they didn't, and it only broke after training when all the players had left, and one of them told someone who told someone, who posted it on here. The club have 6 games in 19 days, I doubt if any time to hand in a request from your main keeper would have been a good time.

Easy 10 said:
Just as unprofessional to hand in a transfer request a few hours before a game because the new manager has (shock horror) not selected you in the starting line-up.
Absolutely, Hendo is bang out of order. But the problem is that he saw unprofessional behaviour work for Kuipers, so why not, eh?

Easy 10 said:
Not Kuipers finest moment at all, I agree.
However, I see you still choose to sidestep / ignore the central point I am making here, which is the fictional theory that that Kuipers refused to play for the Albion. He didn't refuse at all - he refused to apologise to McGhee. As a result, MCGHEE decided he would not pick Kuipers in the squad.

But keep peddling the crap anyway, I've long lost interest now.

Why did he ask for a loan move to Boston if he was so desperate to play for the Albion? OK, so he had a problem with the manager, how was that going to be sorted with him in Lincolnshire?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Absolutely, Hendo is bang out of order. But the problem is that he saw unprofessional behaviour work for Kuipers, so why not, eh?
How did it work for Kuipers? He was frozen out and loaned to BOSTON. I'd be surprised if that is the height of Wayne's ambition.

It did work for Chaigneau though. :)

Yoda

English & European
London Irish said:

But it didn't work for Kuipers. It was Chaigneau who threw the first hissy fit and it worked for him.

Kuipers tried and it failed.

Now Hendo's turn.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
Why did he ask for a loan move to Boston if he was so desperate to play for the Albion? OK, so he had a problem with the manager, how was that going to be sorted with him in Lincolnshire?
Kuipers would have played for the Albion if selected, he would have sat on the bench if selected - of that there is absolutely no doubt. THAT is the issue I'm talking about here.

What we ended up with was two stubborn men who needed their heads banging together. McGhee's unbending "apologise or f*** off" stance probably got under Kuipers skin, and put it beyond the point where they could sit down for a chat to sort out their differences. You can call it poor man-management by McGhee, or you can call it unprofessionalism from Kuipers - the truth probably lies somewhere in between, and neither of them came out of it with any credit.

I just grow tired of the anti-Kuipers clan throwing this "Kuipers refused to play for the Stripes" shite, because its misleading and totally wrong.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here