Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Henderson hands in Transfer Request

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
THis is now very boring, so I'm going to bed and have posted a poll. If I was in Hendersons position, I would go on the transfer list straight away. I like Dean Wilkins, but this is his first major issue and I think he has failed big time. He should have played Henderson at Millwall, if Henderson was shit, then drop him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
Absolutely, Hendo is bang out of order. But the problem is that he saw unprofessional behaviour work for Kuipers, so why not, eh?
How is Henderson out of order. He's looking out for his league career as well as his international career. In the circumstances I dont see how many players would have done anything different. Timing as nothing to do with it. He no doubt done it as soon as he was sure he'd lost his place. Fair play to him I say. The Albion management have totally f***ed him over. Why should he give a f*** about timing?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How the f*** has Wilkins "failed big time" because he chose to stick with Kuipers ? He's the MANAGER - its entirely his prerogative who he selects to play. Whether you personally rate Kuipers above Henderson, or vice-versa, its Wilkins who had the choice to make. He said very clearly from the start that he would explain his selections to the players, and I have no reason to doubt his word on that. Having explained his reasons to Hendo, his reaction is to slap in a transfer request !

Thats no failure on Wilkins part. Thats a failure of professionalism on Hendo's part. And pretty pathetic as well.

Easy 10 said:
I just grow tired of the anti-Kuipers clan throwing this "Kuipers refused to play for the Stripes" shite, because its misleading and totally wrong.

If you think Hendo is wrong now, you should think Kuipers was in the wrong back then. I just don't know how you can excuse one and not the other, it's totally inconsistent.

Easy 10 said:
He's the MANAGER - its entirely his prerogative who he selects to play.

:lolol: Jesus Christ

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think he has failed because he as allowed an international to lose his place while on international duty. What sort of message does that give out to the other players.

"Try not to aim to high in your careers as it may cost you your place in the team if you get called up for international duty".

How is it pathetic that Henderson wants to leave, knowing that every time Ireland call him up, he'll lose his place? I can't think of a better reason to move clubs.

Thats why the f*** I think Wilkins has failed on this one.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Easy 10 said:
No, he had a fall out with MCGHEE, after he was dropped in favour of Chaigneu. There was never any mention of a fallout with team mates, and McGhee never said anything about Kuipers having to apologise to his team mates - this was a spat between Kuipers and McGhee, end of.

Christ, the SHIT that gets flung around on here !

It wasn't just Mcghee that he shouted at, and he wasnt just Mcghee that he was expected to apologise to.

I understand one of those people was on the bench tonight.

I feel happier with Kuipers there though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
If you think Hendo is wrong now, you should think Kuipers was in the wrong back then. I just don't know how you can excuse one and not the other, it's totally inconsistent.
If you read back, I havn't excused Kuipers at all - as I've already said, it was far from being Kuipers best moment at the Albion, and it was unprofessional on his part. All I'm saying (and I do grow weary of this) is that he did not refuse to play for the Albion.

Hendo hasn't refused to play either of course. But handing in a transfer request to a caretaker manager in the eve of his 2nd game in charge, because of being out of the starting lineup, is a pretty shitty thing to do. Unprofessional as well.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mr Burns said:
I think he has failed because he as allowed an international to lose his place while on international duty. What sort of message does that give out to the other players.

"Try not to aim to high in your careers as it may cost you your place in the team if you get called up for international duty".

How is it pathetic that Henderson wants to leave, knowing that every time Ireland call him up, he'll lose his place? I can't think of a better reason to move clubs.

Maybe it's just a new manager giving every player a chance to stake a place in the team? New broom & all that? Maybe Wilkins thinks Kuipers is the more confident of the 2 keepers at the moment?

Glad to see your getting behind the new manager. :nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mr Burns said:

Utter cobblers.
So the manager has to base his team selections entirely on whether or not a player is called up to an International squad now does he ? Getting a call-up is now a manadatory GUARANTEE of a players place in the starting lineup at club level in the very next game is it ?

Listen to yourself !

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Easy 10 said:

Hendo hasn't refused to play either of course. But handing in a transfer request to a caretaker manager in the eve of his 2nd game in charge, because of being out of the starting lineup, is a pretty shitty thing to do. Unprofessional as well.
So you think than maybe he should have waited until Wilkins was comfortable in his new position. How long. A week. A Month. End of season.

If Wilkins had purely dropped Henderson than I would totally agree with you and be slagging Henderson off with you. But the fact he done it on the back of an international call up, is IMO a major cock up on Deans part. I totally agree with Henderson's request. In fact I fail to see any other option open to Wayne.

For the record I think Dean Wilkins is a diamond. I think he could make a great manager. But to be honest, whilst I spoke to Dean a number of times, and think he is a top top bloke, who, will make a top top manager, I think he has totally f***ed up on this one.

Last edited:

Easy 10 said:
Mmm, hilarious.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry. But you seem very vehement, and rightly so, about Dean Wilkins' "prerogative" to pick the team he wants as manager. McGhee I'm sure would have loved to have exercised that absolute "prerogative" for the entire last 5 months of the season but his No2 keeper didn't allow him.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mr Burns said:
So you think than maybe he should have waited until Wilkins was comfortable in his new position. How long. A week. A Month. End of season.
No.
I think maybe Henderson should have shut his f***ing mouth, got his head down and worked his arse off in training to PROVE to Wilkins that he should have that number 1 shirt. Its called COMETITION FOR PLACES, and is quite normal at all football clubs.

What, does he think he's got some divine right to his place in the starting lineup because he's on the Irish bench now ? If thats his theory, he might be in for a bit of a shock wherever he ends up going now.

Hopefully he'll have time to reflect on his behaviour this week, and will eventually withdraw his request and fight for his place like everyone else has to.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
British Bulldog said:
Maybe it's just a new manager giving every player a chance to stake a place in the team? New broom & all that? Maybe Wilkins thinks Kuipers is the more confident of the 2 keepers at the moment?

Glad to see your getting behind the new manager. :nono:
Great I'm all for that. But it remains, you cannot drop a keeper because he's been on international duty, and except him not to get pissed off about it.

I said after the Crewe game, maybe its time for Wayne be dropped. But you simply cannot do it, no matter how bad he's playing on the back of an international call up. He should have returned against Millwall and then the decision be made. If he played poor against Millwall and was dropped he'd have no argument and again, I'd be sitting he slagging him off for what he's done.

But the fact he lost his place due to an international call up, means I am 100 per cent behind Wayne Henderson on this one.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Easy 10 said:
No.
I think maybe Henderson should have shut his f***ing mouth, got his head down and worked his arse off in training to PROVE to Wilkins that he should have that number 1 shirt. Its called COMETITION FOR PLACES, and is quite normal at all football clubs.

What, does he think he's got some divine right to his place in the starting lineup because he's on the Irish bench now ? If thats his theory, he might be in for a bit of a shock wherever he ends up going now.

Hopefully he'll have time to reflect on his behaviour this week, and will eventually withdraw his request and fight for his place like everyone else has to.
But to what end. He wins his place back, knowing that he'll lose it as soon as Ireland call him up. What player would play for a club with that knowledge?

Don't try and be a smart arse with your competition for places quip. Because your making yourself look ignorant . Had it been a straight forward dropping than I'd totally agree with you. So he proves to Wilkins he's number one and gets his place back. How can he believe he wont be dropped again if Kuipers comes in and plays a stormer, when he's next with Ireland?

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:
I'm sorry. But you seem very vehement, and rightly so, about Dean Wilkins' "prerogative" to pick the team he wants as manager. McGhee I'm sure would have loved to have exercised that absolute "prerogative" for the entire last 5 months of the season but his No2 keeper didn't allow him.
McGhee's "come and say sorry to me or f*** off" stance/ultimatum is what deprived him of that choice. Again, as I said earlier, BOTH of them should have got together and worked it out far sooner than they eventually did. Kuipers was too bitter to apologise to McGhee, and McGhee was too pig-headed in his demands for Kuipers to prostrate himself for forgiveness before him.

Dick Knight should've banged their bloody heads together.

Easy 10 said:
Realistically, I don't think that's true. Another club will sign him as a number one, and they will play him as their number one. Unless of course they sack the manager who signed him, but even then he'll be very unlikely to be at another club where background boardroom agendas almost compell the return of a goalkeeping rival in his place.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Mr Burns said:
Great I'm all for that. But it remains, you cannot drop a keeper because he's been on international duty, and except him not to get pissed off about it.

I said after the Crewe game, maybe its time for Wayne be dropped. But you simply cannot do it, no matter how bad he's playing on the back of an international call up. He should have returned against Millwall and then the decision be made. If he played poor against Millwall and was dropped he'd have no argument and again, I'd be sitting he slagging him off for what he's done.

But the fact he lost his place due to an international call up, means I am 100 per cent behind Wayne Henderson on this one.

He lost his place at Bristol City due to an international call up yeah? From what I've heard Kuipers played a very good game & kept the shirt at Millwall, Then Kuipers kept a clean sheet at Millwall so what was wrong with him being picked again tonight? Being in an international squad should never give you a god given right to be an automatiic choice for your club. If Henderson thinks that then he is so wrong. Pickingplayers for a team is not allways down to who's the best, sometimes it's who's got the confidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here