Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge...

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Bridge went missing when Zaha got that header in.

The only time Zaha got anything out of him in the games they played and it had to be that once! And I didnt think that he and Lua Lua played well together as Lua Lua took up the space Bridge would have used. Played better with Orlandi. My opinion only of course.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Talking of 'lethal' strikers when is CMS back? :D

Shame about bridge for you guys though, Was the best left back around last season.

I reckon CMS might score more than Palace next season

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Shame but the bottom line is we clearly couldn't afford to keep the best left back I have ever seen play for Brighton.

The same may well happen with Upson but none of this means we won't challenge next season. We will have players lined up.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Read in the London Standard tonight that Bridge wanted to sign for a club who were looking to get promoted.
Bit of a kick in the whatsits .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The silver cloud is the fact that harry won't be coming here :)

I think the exact opposite I believe that Harry knew he had no chance of signing him an is using that to leave QP Haha ha.

Perhaps somebody can ep[lai to me but as I see it the punishment for breaking FPP is a monetary fine so if the chairman of a club can afford it they can just break it and pay the fine. There should be a set points deduction to go with the fine as with going into administration. The problem is however that the accounts are not filled until nearly the end of the next season.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I reckon CMS might score more than Palace next season

I reckon CMS and Leo may have a good strike partnership next year...........CMS 15-20 goals.......Leo 25-30 goals yes please,thank you, top two finish *

*Ok ok I am being optimistic, I actually think CMS will get about 12 and Leo 20 and we will be about 6-8th position but who knows it MAY happen!:bhasign:

bigboyo0

Jan 16, 2012
Wayne

Bummer, seriously annoying

I just like to say what a pro one of the best left backs in the country.
It has been a joy to watch him in blue and white and I wish him all the best .
Just a shame he was not playing for us next year .

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I reckon CMS and Leo may have a good strike partnership next year...........CMS 15-20 goals.......Leo 25-30 goals yes please,thank you, top two finish:

I think that could happen with Harry in charge as he likes to play two men up front in most cases it was Crouch and Defoe short and tal combinationl.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I just like to say what a pro one of the best left backs in the country.
It has been a joy to watch him in blue and white and I wish him all the best .
Just a shame he was not playing for us next year .

Absolutely. I don't think you will find many (if any) Brighton fans who wouldn't agree with that. Must admit I was a little unsure when he signed due to his injury record but he was amazing for us (comfortably the best left back to play for us in the 20 years I have watched).

Fully expected him to go once we didn't go up but now it is confirmed, and to another Championship team, I am gutted.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Absolutely. I don't think you will find many (if any) Brighton fans who wouldn't agree with that. Must admit I was a little unsure when he signed due to his injury record but he was amazing for us (comfortably the best left back to play for us in the 20 years I have watched).

Fully expected him to go once we didn't go up but now it is confirmed, and to another Championship team, I am gutted.

... to a Championship team with parachute payments. That's the difference.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think Reading will challenge and be a big threat. Wigan I can see going down, at the very least struggling. QPR diffficult to tell. Passionate chairman but need to get their shit together. In Bridge's circumstances, I think its probably a sensible move for him football wise. We can't keep paying him and Reading can.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I think the exact opposite I believe that Harry knew he had no chance of signing him an is using that to leave QP Haha ha.

Perhaps somebody can ep[lai to me but as I see it the punishment for breaking FPP is a monetary fine so if the chairman of a club can afford it they can just break it and pay the fine. There should be a set points deduction to go with the fine as with going into administration. The problem is however that the accounts are not filled until nearly the end of the next season.

Clubs that fail to comply with the Financial Fair Play regulations (from December 1st 2014) will be subject to a transfer embargo. This embargo will come in to force ahead of the subsequent transfer window beginning on January 1, 2015.

The embargo will remain in place until the club is able to lodge financial information that demonstrates that it meets the Financial Fair Play regulations (either for the previous reporting period or a future reporting period).

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here