Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Great player. Bit injury prone though. Disappointed he went to Reading, thought he would have been back in the Premier League.

Money talks I would suggest.

He only missed ten games, Bruno missed 19 and Vicente missed more than I care to count!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Clubs that fail to comply with the Financial Fair Play regulations (from December 1st 2014) will be subject to a transfer embargo. This embargo will come in to force ahead of the subsequent transfer window beginning on January 1, 2015.

The embargo will remain in place until the club is able to lodge financial information that demonstrates that it meets the Financial Fair Play regulations (either for the previous reporting period or a future reporting period).

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

That is exactly my point spend over the limit during 13/14 season and get promoted then buy wisely during the summer of 14 so you dont need any players in during the January 2015 window. Problem solved and using us as an example get promoted to The Premier and then if need be get relegated with £120m and finances are back in order to have the embargo lifted and try for promotion again. The rule is a farce and very easily circumvented hypothetically I have just won that $241m in USA and I want to sponsor a match ball for $50m that then becomes justifiable income for the season.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The rule is a farce and very easily circumvented hypothetically I have just won that $241m in USA and I want to sponsor a match ball for $50m that then becomes justifiable income for the season.

You can't do that, all sponsorship deals have to be fair value and not over inflated. Man City have just been investigated for similar reasons.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
This is the best news I've heard for months.

Mind you, I'm a Reading fan.

Hope TB sorts things out for the Seagulls pronto. You lot deserve better.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Perhaps the most telling legacy of the Gus years and his transfer policy - that a player only missing a quarter of the season (or even more if calculated pro rata) through injury is considered a good return.

How many games you getting out of muzza on his new contract next season ? :ffsparr:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
How many games you getting out of muzza on his new contract next season ? :ffsparr:

We've had a good return on our free signing in terms of appearances. It's not like we signed him for say £3m, didn't get 30 goals from him in one season, and see him get injured and have to replace him for another couple of million before even getting promoted. Yes, perhaps that subject is better avoided by Brighton fans, and the problems with Vicente, Bruno, Buckley, Hosking, Lua Lua and all the other sicknotes signed by your previous incumbent be addressed instead.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We've had a good return on our free signing in terms of appearances. It's not like we signed him for say £3m, didn't get 30 goals from him in one season, and see him get injured and have to replace him for another couple of million before even getting promoted. Yes, perhaps that subject is better avoided by Brighton fans, and the problems with Vicente, Bruno, Buckley, Hosking, Lua Lua and all the other sicknotes signed by your previous incumbent be addressed instead.

Let's average out his goals for the 3 seasons end of next year and see how good value shall we ? I'd hope would compare similarly with CMS!

Hoskins, LuaLua & Buckley are hardly sick notes. Bruno hasn't had a history of injuries before moving. Vicente, we knew the score.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Surprised he talked about promotion and then only signed a 1 year deal, guess there will be an option for extension if he plays x amount of games.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Let's average out his goals for the 3 seasons end of next year and see how good value shall we ? I'd hope would compare similarly with CMS!

Hoskins, LuaLua & Buckley are hardly sick notes. Bruno hasn't had a history of injuries before moving. Vicente, we knew the score.
well, like it or not, it's cost you almost £5 million to replace him in transfer fees alone, and both players' goals combined since he left don't come close. It will take CMS three seasons to catch up with Murray's last season's tally on its own.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
well, like it or not, it's cost you almost £5 million to replace him in transfer fees alone, and both players' goals combined since he left don't come close. It will take CMS three seasons to catch up with Murray's last season's tally on its own.

Ok well I wish him well in his rehab. Hopefully you are still in with a fighting chance of staying up by the time he can run again.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Another pointless comment from a Palace fan. What a surprise. Clearly ignoring the fact that Ulloa is a better player than Murray and has only had half a season and how many of Murray's goals came from penalties.

Credit to Palace, they did teach him how to take penalties and Zaha's antics gave him plenty of opportunity to practise.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Another pointless comment from a Palace fan. What a surprise. Clearly ignoring the fact that Ulloa is a better player than Murray and has only had half a season and how many of Murray's goals came from penalties.

Credit to Palace, they did teach him how to take penalties and Zaha's antics gave him plenty of opportunity to practise.

This sounds rather bitter. It is also somewhat presumptuous to proclaim Ulloa as better than Murray as fact, although at the price he of course should be.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Perhaps the most telling legacy of the Gus years and his transfer policy - that a player only missing a quarter of the season (or even more if calculated pro rata) through injury is considered a good return.

Finishing 4th with the best defence in the league is a good return in my book

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This sounds rather bitter. It is also somewhat presumptuous to proclaim Ulloa as better than Murray as fact, although at the price he of course should be.

Really, is that what you took from it? Seriously though, I have seen enough of both players to be able to take a view and Ulloa in my opinion is clearly better.

As for the way Poyet left us, we don't know the truth behind that so can't judge. If he genuinely felt he couldn't put a squad together to compete with the budget offered then, while he shouldn't have said it publicly, I think it is fair enough to leave. Is it any worst than the way Freedman left you when the first offer came in?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
That is an achievement. But leaving the club in the manner in which he looks set to, and the somewhat expensive yet patchwork squad he leaves behind is more akin to a legacy.

I wouldn't call it patchwork as such, we're lacking in the Left back position and another striker and CM may be an idea but I'd say overall we have a good squad

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
Really, is that what you took from it? Seriously though, I have seen enough of both players to be able to take a view and Ulloa in my opinion is clearly better.

As for the way Poyet left us, we don't know the truth behind that so can't judge. If he genuinely felt he couldn't put a squad together to compete with the budget offered then, while he shouldn't have said it publicly, I think it is fair enough to leave. Is it any worst than the way Freedman left you when the first offer came in?

I have no intention of defending the manner in which Freedman left. But at least it was a clean, swift break. We don't know the details of why Poyet looks set to leave, but the damage is there for all to see.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I wouldn't call it patchwork as such, we're lacking in the Left back position and another striker and CM may be an idea but I'd say overall we have a good squad

That is actually something I'm trying to hold onto. We still have some good Championship players under contract e.g. Kuszczak, Calderon, Bruno, Greer, Bridcutt, Crofts, Buckley, Orlandi, LuaLua, Ulloa, Barnes and CMS/Hoskins when back from injury. That is the basis of a decent side and I think already a stronger first team than we had two years ago when we finished 10th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here