Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge not to represent England

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Terry is the most over rated player in the current set up. King is on a par with him and he isnt even fit, which is a shame as if he was Terry wouldnt be fit enough to clean his boots.

Very Tottenham biased comment there. With Ferdinand struggling, Terry is comfortably our best centre half in my opinion. King may have been better than him if he was injury free but is not up to the standard now due to all his injury problems. In all honesty, I am not too bothered about Wayne Bridge. Would take Warnock to the World Cup and play him against Egypt personally but others, including Baines, are also better than Bridge. This might actually strengthen England as it will force Capello to try someone new rather than stick with the tried and tested Bridge.

Looking at it from the outside, if I was offered the chance to represent my country at the World Cup (quite possibly as first choice if Cole doesn't recover) nothing would stand in my way but not knowing anything outside of what has been reported it is hard to judge whether Bridge has made the right choice or not.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Terry is the most over rated player in the current set up. King is on a par with him and he isnt even fit, which is a shame as if he was Terry wouldnt be fit enough to clean his boots.

Rubbish. John Terry has performed at the top level in European, International and League football for about 7 years now, class player imo. King is good but its no point being good if you can't play.:shrug:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Terry has been poor for the last couple of weeks (perhaps understandably) but before that he's been by far England's best centre-back this season. Ferdinand has been shit or injured for about a year and half now, Upson's average at best and Ledley King is incredibly inury-prone and not actually that good

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Baines it is then. No great loss - I will always remember him for putting in the most abject performance I have seen for a long time in an England shirt v Croatia (brollygate).

Not that I think he's a fantastic player by any means but that was the game where he was playing about his first game back after being properly crocked but we didn't have anyone else to play there wasn't it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The England team always pick up some half plausible half-excuse for their usual collective failure in tournaments. Credit to the team for being proactive this time round. It's not even the end of Feb and they have it in the bag.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Terry has been poor for the last couple of weeks (perhaps understandably) but before that he's been by far England's best centre-back this season. Ferdinand has been shit or injured for about a year and half now, Upson's average at best and Ledley King is incredibly inury-prone and not actually that good

England's lack of depth.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a slapper (Easy that is).

How very DARE you. I wouldn't be seen DEAD stirring Bridge and Terrys porridge.

abigailclancy.jpg

Oh go on then. Maybe I would.
:blush:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
While Bridge has done it for the right reasons Capello must be tearing his hair out. Not only does he possibly lose one of the best left backs in the world (despite his personal life) he now loses his understudy. Everyone is pretty much untested at international level, huge shame Gibbs is injured pretty much identical in play to Cole

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think that bridge should be applauded for this decision. His statement talks of division, instability and distraction, these are the last things that England want in the middle of a World Cup campaign. Hopefully it'll draw a line under things and Enlgand can get on with their preperations and tournement. No doubt The Sun will have to dig up another story such a Ferdinand calls Wayne Rooney tubby behind his back to help screw things up.
As for Baines, he's great going forward but poor defensively. Strange as it is I think we now have to pray that serial cheater Cashley gets fit in time.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
When I look at the squad we could be taking, I can't help feeling we're letting down the one big asset we do have - the manager. Hope he is THAT good.

In the meantime, can we see some more pictures of wosshername?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bridge has "taken one for the team" here, so all credit to him. It would inevitably have led to tensions in the squad had they both been there, he's quite right in stating it would be a divisive issue. If they happened to still be playing at the same club, you can guarantee he's have slapped in a transfer request for the exact same reasons, so whilst its not exactly fair that he misses out on the World Cup, it is for the greater good overall.

Bridge is the innocent party who has conducted himself with great dignity through all this, whilst John Terry ponced around for the cameras in Dubai to publicise him making up with his wife. Class is not something you can readily associate with Terry is it.

I hope the view from his little piece of moral high ground is worth it, when his fellow professionals are playing, with the attention of the whole sporting world, in what could be the tournament of their careers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here