Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge not to represent England

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Spot on! What is he thinking of.

If you get together with a slapper then you know this will happen. Enjoy it while you can and don't get too worried when it ends.

Sorry to put forward this shock observation but he might have deeply loved her and be heartbroken. At least he is true to himself in not wanting the share the same air as Terry. I know this is unfashionable with the " chest thumpers " and " macho blokes " on here but it does happen.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry to put forward this shock observation but he might have deeply loved her and be heartbroken. At least he is true to himself in not wanting the share the same air as Terry. I know this is unfashionable with the " chest thumpers " and " macho blokes " on here but it does happen.

What a f***ing poof :lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
think it is a pretty decent statement - he thinks it will harm the dressing room if he is there, so he pulls out. Surely better for England he is honest with himself and the set up ?

How can a professional who is striving to be the best he can be say no to his country is beyond me, the world cup matters far more than any personal issues, it is good in a way because he won't be selected but I feel he should put things aside for something that is this important.

Disagree.

I not only think he is better but I also believe he is better suited to the role, Warnock is good defensively but doesn't exactly pull up any trees going forward and I think if Capello is going to play Gerrard LM then we need a LB who is an attacking full back. of course this probably won't matter because Cashley, although he is an utter c*nt, is best option we have and he will probably be fit in time.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He pobably thought being a bit part player was not worth spending 6 weeks with a bloke he clearly despises. I think he deserves some credit for this.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
They were never even married...or together when jt did the deed.

They were together, I think? Not going to waste a min looking it up though.

In related news, this is (was) up near Chelsea's training ground...

cherylf.jpg

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
To you maybe, not to everyone. I don't want to sound patronising but when you've experienced a bit more of life you may not see things quite so black and white.

He is a professional footballer, I wonder whether his standpoint would be the same if he was indeed the first choice left back.???

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
From Bridge:

I have thought long and hard about my position in the England football team in the light of the reporting and events over the last few weeks. It has always been an honour to play for England. However, after careful thought I believe my position in the squad is now untenable and potentially divisive.

Sadly, therefore, I feel for the sake of the team and in order to avoid what will be inevitable distractions, I have decided not to put myself forward for selection. I have today informed the management of this decision. I wish the team all the very best in South Africa.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
He is a professional footballer, I wonder whether his standpoint would be the same if he was indeed the first choice left back.???

I know that. Are you saying no professional should let personal issues interfere with their career? Nice idea but it's never going to happen.

I'd imagine his choice would be exactly the same but we'll never know.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bridge has "taken one for the team" here, so all credit to him. It would inevitably have led to tensions in the squad had they both been there, he's quite right in stating it would be a divisive issue. If they happened to still be playing at the same club, you can guarantee he's have slapped in a transfer request for the exact same reasons, so whilst its not exactly fair that he misses out on the World Cup, it is for the greater good overall.

Bridge is the innocent party who has conducted himself with great dignity through all this, whilst John Terry ponced around for the cameras in Dubai to publicise him making up with his wife. Class is not something you can readily associate with Terry is it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Yes.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Nice work Terry. What a f***ing leader you turned out to be.

Hear, hear. In fact - what with 'im (Terry); Self-Defence Gerrard; Cashly & Drug-Free Ferdinand: I find it harder & harder to actually give a toss about my National team now. I dare say there's probably a few other real charmers I've missed out too, in all honesty.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Bridge has "taken one for the team" here, so all credit to him. It would inevitably have led to tensions in the squad had they both been there, he's quite right in stating it would be a divisive issue. If they happened to still be playing at the same club, you can guarantee he's have slapped in a transfer request for the exact same reasons, so whilst its not exactly fair that he misses out on the World Cup, it is for the greater good overall.

Bridge is the innocent party who has conducted himself with great dignity through all this, whilst John Terry ponced around for the cameras in Dubai to publicise him making up with his wife. Class is not something you can readily associate with Terry is it.

Spot on Easy :thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have to say that it is hard to argue with Bridge's logic. All the best to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here