Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think we are talking about a pair of centre-backs that work together. The usual combination is the aerial "thug" like Foster (or Terry) with a faster covering defender like Lawrenson. I thought Alec Young was better than Foster, who got found out at the higher level. The same would be true of Terry if he was not in the Chelsea side.[/url]

Alec Young was alright.
Eric Young was better though.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
It should be the pinnacle of a footballers career to represent their country,especially at
the world cup . Who knows? he may have even had a chance of a winners medal.
You have to question Bridge's mentality to turn down this chance.
His form at City prior to his injury was poor anyway-I'd pick Luke Young.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I think Bridge made a sensible and mature decision......know if it was me I wouldn't want to spend six weeks with the guy who cheated with my ex-partner even it was just a normal, run of the milll guy let alone a repugnant shit like Terry.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Wayne Bridge really has conducted himself incredibly well throughout this. Not running and signing up with Max Clifford to "put his side of the story" was a very good and sadly rare start.

He hasn't been saying anything in public, and quite right, why should he?

However, anyone who thinks JT lacks class, just wait for Saturday and the reception ex-Chelsea man Wayne Bridge gets at Stamford Bridge. I have a nasty feeling we will see that JT and the Chelsea fans deserve each other.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
It should be the pinnacle of a footballers career to represent their country,especially at
the world cup . Who knows? he may have even had a chance of a winners medal.
You have to question Bridge's mentality to turn down this chance.
His form at City prior to his injury was poor anyway-I'd pick Luke Young.

Luke Young retired from international football. Devasting news I know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think Bridge made a sensible and mature decision......know if it was me I wouldn't want to spend six weeks with the guy who cheated with my ex-partner even it was just a normal, run of the milll guy let alone a repugnant shit like Terry.

I wouldnt want to spend six weeks in Terry's company regardless of whether he'd shagged the missus or not. He's an overpaid chav.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
You can't really argue with this..

"I have thought long and hard about my position in the England football team in the light of reporting and events over the last few weeks," he said. "It has always been an honour to play for England. However, after careful thought, I believe my position in the squad is now untenable and potentially divisive.

"Sadly, therefore, I feel for the sake of the team and in order to avoid what will be inevitable distractions, I have decided not to put myself forward for selection. I have today informed the management of this decision. I wish the team all the very best in South Africa."

I just hope he's left alone to get on with it now.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You can't really argue with this..

I just hope he's left alone to get on with it now.

Indeed. Very dignified statement and decision. Also shows that there is at least one English person playing football that has a resemblance of class off the pitch. He should be used as a role model, but won't be of course - too boring!!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Natural Born Enemies

Do you think John Terry and Wayne Bridge were ever really friends in the first place ?

Just had to get along because they were in the same side ?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

f*** Venables. Bridge has made his decision and nobody in football should get on his back about it at all. Some things are more important and the likes of Venables and Jason f***ing Cundy who was arguing he shouldn't have ruled himself out of the WC on gmtv this morning can all go f*** themselves if they don't think Bridge has made the right decision. Cocks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here