Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge - Not A Very Nice Person?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm just wondering about an £80 000 a week player in BHA stripes. Will there be the same motivation as a League One/Championship waged player ??? Torres is on mega money at Chelsea and just didn't turn up week in week out, as if he couldn't be arsed. Can't really see WB giving 110% like the FB's we have now ??? Time will tell though, of course...

Wtf are you on Torres not turning up!? Just he has poor form doesn't mean he's not turned up.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Wtf are you on Torres not turning up!? Just he has poor form doesn't mean he's not turned up.

Form doesn't come and go of it's own volition. If you aren't scoring, you work a bit harder. If you still don't score, you work a little bit harder. And so on until you do start scoring. If you don't follow this path, you are in effect, not turning up...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As long as he's not a paedo, a rapist or a BNP voter he's alright in my book for now. If i had a book, that is. The egotistical don't always have to be listened to, no matter what sorts of noises they make. They're normally the loudest self-praisers thanks to some awful self-esteem issues, and those who spot those will laud them and applaud whilst whispering to the rest of the team who can live with themselves more easily. Gus is a good recogniser and tends to polish these egos rather successfully. Otherwise we wouldn't have gotten a series of epic performances from Vicente and had the slightest chance of keeping him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's not?! Damn. I was hoping for a new friend. Guess I'll cancel the planned Friday night Drinks with Wayne evenings I was preparing to host this season.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hate to disillusion Nsc and it's posters but quite a few of the players we have, and have had, playing for us are not very nice people. Some have been convicted criminals.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
you watched different games to me then, I was there week in week out and he worked his nuts off.

Could not agree more. Thought Torres put enormous effort in whenever I saw Chelsea play (ok only on TV) and you could really see how much his goal draught effected him and how relieved he was when he scored.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
So if Wayne Bridge 'tries really hard', BUT misses a few tackles that costs us goals/points, or doesn't quite manage to get any telling crosses into the oppo box, that would be OK? Of course, this is all hypothetical. I'm hoping he will be the dog's bollocks, week in week out, and no-one gets a sniff of replacing him in the starting eleven. He might be worth 80 grand a week then...

TLO, much as I love you in the non-biblical sense, your knee-jerk pro-club stance does you no favours sometimes. Wayne Bridge is here to take the money and be close to his family squabbles. Dubious about his effect on the dressing room. Time will tell tho eh? :shrug:

And, as much as you're a nice enough bloke in real life, your constant seeking the negative in things, often before it's even happened ('Will the Amex lose all credibility as a venue?' for example) is equally tiresome.

CHEER UP A BIT. :smile:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
I have a number of friends trying to point out that Bridge didn't exactly set the world on fire last season at WH, nor at Sunderland. So how does his record stand up in your eyes, anyone?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
what a piss poor thread to start about a Brighton player who hasn't even played a game for our club yet??

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry to burst the bubble a bit but it needs discussing. OK, Bridge is the acknowledged hard-done-by victim by that snide c*nt Terry, but by all accoounts Bridge likes to act the Big Time Charlie. Just wondering what will be the net effect on the Albion changing room? ???

The only thing I can equate from this pointless thread is that you must be very bored.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I normally really like Tom, but I'm not sure I get this post. He's 31 now, maybe he was a big time charlie, maybe
he was a cock, but I don't think he'd come to BHA and an ongoing project to do that, I'm sure there were many
other options. Lets start with a clean slate. His experience imo will be priceless

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011
what a piss poor thread to start about a Brighton player who hasn't even played a game for our club yet??
Could only happen on NSC
Some people are never happy
f*** it let's just play painter all season then they really can have something to moan about

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Seriously, IF you earnt x30-45 more than your colleagues EVERY week you'd still shop at Next and drive a Fiat 500? Come on most people would struggle not to come across as a bit of a BTC.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hate to disillusion Nsc and it's posters but quite a few of the players we have, and have had, playing for us are not very nice people. Some have been convicted criminals.

Indeed. Its not unusual to see £70k-£100k cars in the players car park nowadays too, for those worried about 'jealousy.'

Even Lewis Dunk seems to have a very nice mercedes now adays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here