Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Was the way Gaddafi died right ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Bit of debate at work today over the last few minutes of Gaddafi's life,should he have been arrested and sent to the U/N or Hague for trial or was yesterday's execution right ? One arguement a trial could well been seen in the Arab/Muslim world as a pro-western show trail media/circus and questions would be asked like 'what about Bush and Blair' ? Being shot dead eliminates that but is that the right way forward ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not seen much of this but was it him they dragged through the streets from a car?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
he would have more than likely been hanged, so i think he got of lightly. Tbf i would have chopped him up a little bit at a time, the man is evil and and deserves all he gets.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bit of debate at work today over the last few minutes of Gaddafi's life,should he have been arrested and sent to the U/N or Hague for trial or was yesterday's execution right ? One arguement a trial could well been seen in the Arab/Muslim world as a pro-western show trail media/circus and questions would be asked like 'what about Bush and Blair' ? Being shot dead eliminates that but is that the right way forward ?

Well it worked, didn't it?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
What wasn't right was the bloodlust from our national press. Pretty disgusting IMHO.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
My usual fundamental thoughts would be to take anyone alive and try them - I don't generally believe the state has any more right to kill someone than an individual - however, he is one example where I think this goes out the window, if half of the stuff he has done, or ordered to be done in his name is true. Better get rid now, quickly, save him grandstadning at a trial that'll last for ages and let Libya start their new life immediately.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
capturedc3a9cran2011102.jpg

Libya+before+and+after.jpg

western central bank to go in, oil now with the west, and construction contracts to western corps....job well done....and get the MSM to repeat nonsense.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
why not he has ordered some pretty disgusting things on this country

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm pleased we are rid of him. However, the graphic images in the paper dont quite sit right with me. We should be above shit like that.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
capturedc3a9cran2011102.jpg

Libya+before+and+after.jpg

western central bank to go in, oil now with the west, and construction contracts to western corps....job well done....and get the MSM to repeat nonsense.

not to mention the lockerbie bombing, the killing of the police officer and the slaughtering on hundreds of thousands of his own people, lovely fella ant he, f*** him guys scum

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We don't get to choose how foreign citizens kill their evil dictators.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think it was right that the Libyans chose his fate and not the US or UK. A trial would have been an expensive farce and so reluctantly it is probably better he is killed immediately and they can start to move on today

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The decision was taken by the rebels and in fact saved the West froma lot of grief. Far better that his own people deal with him than us. Personally I would have gassed him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who are we to argue with his people who wanted to issue their own justice. Had he been captured we would have been held as the aggressors and be seen to be in the wrong by many of his supporters this way there is no argument and we are not responsible.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In an ideal world he would have been captured and sent to trial and would then have willing answered and confessed to whatever atrocities he committed. However, back in the real world, the trial would have consisted of him being accussed of all the atrocities and not once admitting to them and be hanged anyway. The truth about Yvonne Fletcher, Lockerbie and host of other things would remain unanswered unless the NTC find evidence once they have trawled through all the Gaddaffi regime's records, assuming these weren't destroyed in Gaddaffi's retreat. As unpalatable as his death/execution is, it probably is a case of the end justifies the means.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

It is not up to us, to tell the Libyan's how to deal with dictators in their own country. Only they know what Gadaffi has done and the pain and misery he has brought on the Libyan people as a whole and the suffering to those individually whom had Gadaffi at their mercy yesterday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody knows for sure how he died - hit by accidental crossfire, deliberately taken out from range or from point blank.

This is all a moot point anyway. Every bugger over there seems to carry a gun and given he was Public Enemy No. 1 it's surprising to me he even made it out of the concrete sewer tube alive.

And even the hardest dictator will watch those images with a lump in their throat, it was a shocking end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here