Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

******** WARNING about what you post on NSC *******

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes I did, and thanks for reminding me, I will give it another bounce to remind people :thumbsup:

But the point of the thread wasn't just about a word .... for instance why did the London Bridge thread get moved? I found it quite innocuous, harmless fun and can't believe my standards are lower than the average human being (didn't contribute to it btw)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
But the point of the thread wasn't just about a word .... for instance why did the London Bridge thread get moved? I found it quite innocuous, harmless fun and can't believe my standards are lower than the average human being (didn't contribute to it btw)

As I didnt move it I cant answer your question.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
My Mrs does ... she wonders why I'm being served up with localslags.com or whatever it is. I blamed it on the dog but I'm not sure she believed me

Didn't someone here say that the ads you see are linked to cookies on your computer... I'd do a browser cleanse if I were you and see if there's any difference :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Maybe the exchange between Tony Meola's Loan Spell and Muhammed 'I'm Hard' Bruce Lee, which personally I can't tell if it's two friends 'joshing', or if they are taking sly digs at each other. Or all the talk of stabbings, and planning of violence that perhaps could get the site in trouble with the google ads people or, given the facebook court case in the aftermath of the riots, the police.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
My Mrs does ... she wonders why I'm being served up with localslags.com or whatever it is. I blamed it on the dog but I'm not sure she believed me

As I understand it the ads are generated by what is searched for on your computer, I know mine are, but mine are all e bay and general online shopping issues.

Strange how your getting the style of Ads your saying about???

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm not getting any adverts because I'm using Adblocker software :)

Staying on-topic, how do Google get round to giving the site a warning? Do they just check every website for breach of T&Cs, or does someone have to complain, or is it automatically flagged up?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ok, if you can't spell a word then use one that you can.

No, you have to give these things a try, it is the only way I can progress as a speller and meet your standards.

If you can't post without being a tit, then don't bother.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For some reason, the Google ads banners targeted at me always try to get me to become a gambler with a free bet or similar, on occasions I have had the " Local Slags " advert too, maybe I should send a message to Bozza saying that I am offended by this and that he should get a decent corporate sponsor/ search engine to financially support NSC ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not getting any adverts because I'm using Adblocker software :)

Oooooh, we've not had one of these for a while. As you do nothing to support the site, i'm going to deploy my FreeridingUserBlocker software on you. Enjoy.

Staying on-topic, how do Google get round to giving the site a warning? Do they just check every website for breach of T&Cs, or does someone have to complain, or is it automatically flagged up?

It will all be automated based on keywords, skintones in pictures and the like.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Oooooh, we've not had one of these for a while. As you do nothing to support the site, i'm going to deploy my FreeridingUserBlocker software on you. Enjoy.

It will all be automated based on keywords, skintones in pictures and the like.

Oh b...rilliant. To be fair, it's only the Youtube ads that annoy me. I don't have a problem with the ones on here. And surely just by using NSC, I help add to the total number of views, which makes Google more willing to invest more in the site.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well with respect, I didnt see it first nor did i remove it, so I cant answer your question!

I'm asking a genuine question, you are a mod so I assume you guys are working under a consistent set of standards, that was all

As I understand it the ads are generated by what is searched for on your computer, I know mine are, but mine are all e bay and general online shopping issues.

Strange how your getting the style of Ads your saying about???

It was an meant as humour, fairly obviously

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset

So do Google pay according to site users, number of clicks on adverts or some other criteria? Just interested how it works.

Does that mean tapatalk costs nsc advertising revenue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here