Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

******** WARNING about what you post on NSC *******

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ok then i have to ask this did you let the Daily Mail print our comedic right wing view's in their paper, just want to know where i stand and who's on my side?

Where NSC content has been reproduced in both local and national press, I've never been asked for permission.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
It's all a bit grey.

If someone wants to pay to re-produce some NSC content, then it's mine. If someone want to take legal action over content then it's yours.

:lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm hoping this is leading to a The Big Board being football only if we're not allowed to swear in here. I like to swear and vent all kinds of spleen at world events, but I think I can keep the football swearing to the confines of the Amex.

a) every poll ever seems to be in overwhelming favour of keeping the big board for general discussion
b) every discussion about 'foul language at football' seems to insist that swearing is part and parcel of football, surely, if there is to be a football only forum, that should be the one that includes swearing?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
a) every poll ever seems to be in overwhelming favour of keeping the big board for general discussion
b) every discussion about 'foul language at football' seems to insist that swearing is part and parcel of football, surely, if there is to be a football only forum, that should be the one that includes swearing?

Swearing is allowed so long as it's not excessive. That's woolly, I know. If a single post contains numerous examples of swearing, and that is compounded over several posts in a single thread then it's gone too far.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
NSC has had a warning from Google in relation to some content on the site and ads have been withdrawn.

As best I can tell this is not a permanent withdrawal currently, allowing me some time to do some 'cleaning'.

However, I need to reiterate, again, that if Google stop supporting NSC then NSC is likely to cease to exist as the site will be losing £300-£400 per month which I am both unwilling and unable to personally fund.

Please keep it clean on the main board - this is not a place to discuss violence, sex, the female form nor anything you may or may not want to be involved in with the female form. Excessive swearing is also not welcome. All such discussion may take place in our 'Other Stuff' forum, where we do not display Google ads.

If you ignore this, you will be banned immediately, as I value keeping NSC alive far more highly than the ability of one or two people to post here.

If you see anything you believe may contravene these rules, please report it immediately to give moderators a chance to take corrective action - do not rely on other people doing it.

We support Brighton.. we don't like females. :safeway:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Swearing is allowed so long as it's not excessive. That's woolly, I know. If a single post contains numerous examples of swearing, and that is compounded over several posts in a single thread then it's gone too far.

I understand, and I agree with your position, I was more making a glib point about attitudes towards swearing at football and some people's almost offended attitude when being asked to tone it down.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Can you give basic admin rights to people to just move threads from the Big Board to Other Stuff? That way you could give permission to the more senior posters on here to move stuff over that they might think could be an issue - without granting full Mod rights?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
God problems?

Do YOU have too many gods? Are they making too many demands on your time? Why not consolidate them all into one easy-to-worship god? Just one simple service every Sunday and all your salvation needs will be neatly packaged up in one place!

(Note: Failure to keep up the worship may result in your soul being re-possessed.)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I understand, and I agree with your position, I was more making a glib point about attitudes towards swearing at football and some people's almost offended attitude when being asked to tone it down

Didn't one of the mods recently remind peeps that a certain word was off limits anyway

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Missold God Protection

Millions of people have been missold God protection - Are you one of them?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It won't be people, it will be an entirely automated process that works on key words and/or imagery.

So discussing sCUNThorpe vs. YOUNG BOYS at the WANKdorf Stadium could get the site blacklisted?

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I smile when I get the Virgin Media ads at the bottom of any thread where Southampton are mentioned with the slogan

Virgin Media - Keep Up

on them. I do wonder if google are that clever with their ad targeting that they associate virgins slogan with the physio :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The main problem seems to be that the Big Board needs to drive the Google traffic, but that Other Stuff isn't bookmarks by many and therefore is rarely viewed.

My suggestion would be to move the "other stuff" forum and have it as a sub forum of The Big Board and literally rename it "not Google safe".

That way, anyone with The Big Board bookmarled can easily click through to the dodgier forum, while the majority of the traffic still hits the main board by default.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
We are all adults here surely we can follow a few rules rather than have to cut the forum up into smaller areas in case we say something we should not in the wrong place. We are all capable of this are we not?
I realise, as was pointed out to me recently, I am a JCL so probably don't have the right to voice an opinion but hey, there it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here