Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

******** WARNING about what you post on NSC *******

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
1. NSC will never cease to exist, surely. There will always be people willing to fund it or other advertising options.
2. It would be better to make the other stuff forum more visable (i.e. directly under 'the big board', and also allow users the ability to start new threads in that particular forum.

IMO.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can you move 'the other stuff' up to the top of the forum list so it actually gets used, it's pretty just a bin for unwanted threads.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's my fault, not Google's. I can choose ad types that can be allowed or blocked. To date, I've only blocked religious ads whilst stuff like 'Dating' and 'References to Sex & Sexuality' I've allowed to be shown. Dating ads are displayed 4.2% of the time and 'References to Sex & Sexuality' 1.1%.

As a fairly religious person i am curious as to why you block religious ads. I have no objection to you blocking them, it's your site etc, just wonder why.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They appeared to have turned the sensitivity control up to 11. ( I almost put nob instead of control :facepalm: )

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I didn't realise it was this strict but fair enough...

Can you move the 'other stuff' link just below the 'big board one'

The first one should be the big board, then other stuff and then in another section all the other boards... [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

I dont mind two sections but now there are so many new sections.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can you move 'the other stuff' up to the top of the forum list so it actually gets used, it's pretty just a bin for unwanted threads.

2. It would be better to make the other stuff forum more visable (i.e. directly under 'the big board', and also allow users the ability to start new threads in that particular forum.

Done.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't realise it was this strict but fair enough...

Can you move the 'other stuff' link just below the 'big board one'

The first one should be the big board, then other stuff and then in another section all the other boards... [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]?

I dont mind two sections but now there are so many new sections.

I'll do some shuffling tonight, but there really is only 2 forums for general discussion - the other forums have very specific purposes and interactive chat is not one of them.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As a fairly religious person i am curious as to why you block religious ads. I have no objection to you blocking them, it's your site etc, just wonder why.

It was years ago so I can't really remember. I think it was that most of the ads were quite extreme American Southern states type stuff - just not relevant to us. I might turn them back on and see how they perform.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It was years ago so I can't really remember. I think it was that most of the ads were quite extreme American Southern states type stuff - just not relevant to us. I might turn them back on and see how they perform.

Ah, okay thanks.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Just out of interest who owns the content on NSC is it you Bozza and if so who's culpable for my content, you, me, me and you?
Interested after me and a couple of others were printed in the Daily Mail directly from NSC.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

excellent I am looking for some guidence

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just out of interest who owns the content on NSC is it you Bozza and if so who's culpable for my content, you, me, me and you?

It's all a bit grey.

If someone wants to pay to re-produce some NSC content, then it's mine. If someone want to take legal action over content then it's yours.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'm hoping this is leading to a The Big Board being football only if we're not allowed to swear in here. I like to swear and vent all kinds of spleen at world events, but I think I can keep the football swearing to the confines of the Amex.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Is Google in anyway secretly run by American Christians?

Perhaps due to their lack of inclusion on NSC ads we're getting the Sodom and Gomorrah treatment from them.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It's all a bit grey.

If someone wants to pay to re-produce some NSC content, then it's mine. If someone want to take legal action over content then it's yours.

Ok then i have to ask this did you let the Daily Mail print our comedic right wing view's in their paper, just want to know where i stand and who's on my side?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here