RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Scotty M said:
i reckon that settles it

there talking about starsigns.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
No-one has picked up on this yet. Just go and listen to Virg's interview on Leons second tape.

He as good as says he wont play for us this season.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
It is true i think i know the person that told ronnie o'sullivan, but i dont think we will get 1.5 million up front.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
sams dad said:
i dont think we will get 1.5 million up front.

Aye that's right... we get £100,000 now and £1.4m when he scores the winning goal for Scotland in the World Cup final :jester:

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
..been thinking about that Argus article when Mghee said he was astonished no-one had come in for Virgo.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Titanic said:
Aye that's right... we get £100,000 now and £1.4m when he scores the winning goal for Scotland in the World Cup final :jester:

could happen! wont take him long to break into the scottish team if hes at celtic, especially as they hardly possess a player available for scotland in there squad,oh well least rangers r gonna steam roll the league now samsdad!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Funny but there's no mention of this transfer on any Celtic sites .....

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Uncle C said:
No-one has picked up on this yet. Just go and listen to Virg's interview on Leons second tape.

He as good as says he wont play for us this season.

What did he actually say? My Seagulls World is broken.:angry:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
bhaexpress said:
Funny but there's no mention of this transfer on any Celtic sites .....

they probably dnt even no who he is!

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I thought this thread was rubbish until I saw Race's response.

Now I'm worried it may be true...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bald Gull said:
I thought this thread was rubbish until I saw Race's response.

Now I'm worried it may be true...

Now you're just being Race ist.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
samparish said:
What did he actually say? My Seagulls World is broken.:angry:

Leon: "What can we expect from you this season"
Virgo: "Not a lot"

Sounds pretty convincing to me:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Uncle C said:
Leon: "What can we expect from you this season"
Virgo: "Not a lot"

Sounds pretty convincing to me:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Though I do gather from another thread that he also mentioned hanging out in burger bars and not being interested in football any more. I suppose you're also convinced of this?

I don't see any need to cry either, yes Virgo is an excellent player and did very very well for us last season, but if it is true and we are getting £1.5 million for him, Celtic (or whoever) are frankly paying way over the odds for him, and we can bring in some quality with that kind of cash.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it were true then at least we appear to have signed a striker, who is actually a striker in his place so it's not all bad as long as DK doesn't grab every penny for the black hole, and we can get another utility player in.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
So, at long last we have a decent youth development system, then we decide to sell off everyone that turns good out of it.

Nice. :dunce:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Right, my thoughts on this

1) It is a big wind up (most probably), either just made up by Young Mr O'Sullivan or set up by the team as a bit of a wind up on NSC etc. Virgo in the video trying to be a bit pissed off etc. Celtic connection via Strachan, 2 + 2 to most fans = 6 when rumours fly about.

2) I would think that he would need to prove his fitness at least after the knee op, even if it to just play in a few friendlys.

3) 1.5 Million, based on what ? Good player, much better than Harding IMO, but 1.5 Million is a lot of money, even to Celtic.

4) Tis possible he is off, but I would have thought more than a sniff would have appeared before this, especially given this size of Celtic.

5) Still think it's a wind up, wait to be proved wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here