Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Virgo has gone to Celtic!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
i wish i hadnt interpreted the message wrong but i can tell you he is leaving to join celtic for 1.5 million. believe me or not it is true.

I will stay in the hope not camp for the time being.

Don't really belive anyone would take a risk on him at this stage seeing as he has only had 2 propers years of first team football behind him.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Just ran this by my mate who's a Southampton fan, supposedly Celtic were only prepared to offer 750k for Niemi. Is it really likely that they'd double that figure for Virgs?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Two windups in one day:rolleyes: and the 1st one was about someone that nobody had ever heard of :nono:

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
If we're getting 1.5 million for him then I'd be HAPPY. I do think this is utter shit though.

Well quite.

Am not sure why the Beggars would pay that much money for a player who has hardly played a game in defence at any level and was chucked up front for most of last season. Can hardly see him going up there as a replacement for Bellamy and although Bolde has at last realised Scottish football is not all that, not sure WGS would sign Virgo as a replacement for him.

If he does go, can we sign Mark Wilson from Dundee Utd, quality young right back.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Seeing as there's no mention of it anywhere I think I'll file this under 'Total Bollocks'.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
john jenner was a wind-up this time im deadly serious. any fancy a wager on it?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
I will bet you a bag of spuds that he does not sign for the Beggars.

Good wager, we'll all chip in.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Have a listen again to Virg's interview on Leons second tape.

Spooky or what.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Uncle Buck said:
Well quite.

Am not sure why the Beggars would pay that much money for a player who has hardly played a game in defence at any level and was chucked up front for most of last season. Can hardly see him going up there as a replacement for Bellamy and although Bolde has at last realised Scottish football is not all that, not sure WGS would sign Virgo as a replacement for him.

If he does go, can we sign Mark Wilson from Dundee Utd, quality young right back.

As a part-time Celtic fan I have to agree.

Celtic FC is run in a disgraceful manner by which ultimately the only thing that matters is the money that ends up in the pockets of the board members.

Celtic have refused to get out the cheque book to keep Bellamy, O'Neill, and some say even Larsson. There's no way I can see the board sanctioning this kinda money on Virgo.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Hmmm, just e-mailed my sister and funnily enough no one on The Daily Record (Celtic FC mouthpiece and always first with Celtic signing info) sports desk knows anything about this.

I expect a few of them are ringing Mr McGhee and Mr Strachan as we speak......

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
keep the insults coming!!! keep bringing em!:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here