Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincente- A liability?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
demeanor thats all, having said that i would probably be looking f***ed off sitting on the bench next to spadge and brez every week... The rivalry is great im not knocking it, maybe im just getting on a bit?!

I think my demeanor would be pretty bloody low if I was injured and not being able to play football... again I say, why are you singling out the easiest target? Do all injured players have to be laughing and joking when watching the team play without them?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I quite like playing Vicente bingo, infact I think in this thread I got a full house early on.

Vicente is homesick.
Vicente doesn't want to be here.
Vicente looks miserable.
Our record with Vicente playing was rubbish.
Vicente should be released.
Ad infinitum. It's all pretty boring really.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I think my demeanor would be pretty bloody low if I was injured and not being able to play football... again I say, why are you singling out the easiest target? Do all injured players have to be laughing and joking when watching the team play without them?

maybe he naturally looks like this, i prob know him the same as you so god knows, hopefully he has a run in the side in the next 4 weeks and he helps us climb the table. Once again he is an awesome player and by far our best when he is fit but i was just wondering if we can afford a player of such luxury who doesnt play very much. I wont insult your intellegence by talking about ££'s for a CF!

Last edited:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
maybe he naturally looks like this, i prob know him the same as you so god knows, hopefully he has a run in the side in the next 4 weeks weeks and he helps us climb the table. Once again he is an awesome player and by far our best when he is fit but i was just wondering if we can afford a player of such luxury who doesnt play very much. I wont insult your intellegence by talking about ££'s for a CF!

Given last season and the amount of games he played (17 I believe) I think this would have been a massive thought in the decision to keep him at the end of the season - there is no way on earth Bloom/Poyet would have thought he would play all 46 games + cup... they may have hoped for it, realistically thought that 30 would be fantastic, 25 would be great, 15/20 good. So far he has been involved in 2 with 36 games to play and I think he will play a part in 20-25 of them.

As many have said - if he could play 46 games in a season he wouldnt be with us, he would be in a mid table Prem side at least...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Given last season and the amount of games he played (17 I believe) I think this would have been a massive thought in the decision to keep him at the end of the season - there is no way on earth Bloom/Poyet would have thought he would play all 46 games + cup... they may have hoped for it, realistically thought that 30 would be fantastic, 25 would be great, 15/20 good. So far he has been involved in 2 with 36 games to play and I think he will play a part in 20-25 of them.

As many have said - if he could play 46 games in a season he wouldnt be with us, he would be in a mid table Prem side at least...

True its a coup to have him no doubt but i gather he was forced to come back as we had a call back on his contract that was activated. Your last point is exactly right- lets see if he can become the dagger we need

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Finally somebody who actually reads the thread properly. This is not the same as the last 25 threads on V I C E N T E as its now and present and we are into a new season !!
A luxury player who doesnt play who we can ill afford being the whole point!

er....Yes it is!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
True its a coup to have him no doubt but i gather he was forced to come back as we had a call back on his contract that was activated. Your last point is exactly right- lets see if he can become the dagger we need

Hmmm is this a backtrack I see before me? It's amazing how many people know or think they know what the Vicente situation is all about. If he was taking the piss do people on here really think bloom and poyet would put up with it??? Or is it the fact that they understand he is a fragile but amazing talent who seems loyal and is well within Tonys "luxury" budget.
I don't care if he only makes a dozen games this season, if we make the prem it will be all worth while.
Oh and despite my long winded reply, these VINCENTE threads are boring as f***.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Not a back track just getting bored of being mugged off by experts!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here