Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincente- A liability?

Feb 14, 2010
Right or wrong, after the attempt to back track on his contract in the summer, there is a suspicion that he might be "doing a professional footballer" and playing up. If he is then I hope Bloom takes the loss and just makes him see out his contract, and maybe look at any action that can be brought as a lesson to any other players that might want to do the same in the future. If however he is injured then when he gets back, with Vicente, Crofts, Bruno and CMS returning to the side, then that will take some beating.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I realised last season that Vicente was taking the piss and now more and more are starting to realise the same thing. We should have let him go in the summer,like he wanted too. This is going to come back to bite us in the arse, in fact the money he is on, it already is.

Your arse maybe :safeway:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
His contribution was measured in goals and assists, much as with any other footballer. I have NEVER, in 20 years of watching and following football, heard the success or failure of a player measured by points per game when he has played.

Anyone who, on those criteria, can adjudge him to have been crap wants their head looking at.

Let's face it, if Vicente never plays another game for this club, then he has been a waste of money and effort and a serious pain in the arse. If he goes onto play 25 games and we finish top 6(which make no mistake about it, is the target) then he will have been a success....As of the moment, the jury is out!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
His contribution was measured in goals and assists, much as with any other footballer. I have NEVER, in 20 years of watching and following football, heard the success or failure of a player measured by points per game when he has played.

Anyone who, on those criteria, can adjudge him to have been crap wants their head looking at.

Can you point out where I have ever said HE is crap?....No you can't so don't misquote me. I said the points per games played, with him in the side was crap.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Can you point out where I have ever said HE is crap?....No you can't so don't misquote me. I said the points per games played, with him in the side was crap.

Can you point out where I said that YOU said he was crap? No you can't, so don't misquote me.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

In all seriousness why the dislike for the guy? :shrug:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Let's face it, if Vicente never plays another game for this club, then he has been a waste of money and effort and a serious pain in the arse. If he goes onto play 25 games and we finish top 6(which make no mistake about it, is the target) then he will have been a success....As of the moment, the jury is out!

But in your case the jury isn't out as you've already delivered your verdict. The rest of us are waiting to see what happens before deciding whether he is guilty of malingering.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Nobody dislikes him- he is utter class, just always injured therefore could be seen as a liability and kevtherev has a point, the stats dont lie!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I would love someone to find just one quote where I have said I dislike him...I think I have said over time that, he is the best player I have ever seen in the stripes. I am lucky to have seen such a player play for the club. He is a class above this division etc etc.....But even if we signed Lionel Messi in five years time on £200k a week and we never saw the bloke, I would say he was a waste of space.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Nobody dislikes him- he is utter class, just always injured therefore could be seen as a liability and kevtherev has a point, the stats dont lie!

If he was such a liability why did Gus and Tony work so hard to bring him back? I would just leave it to the club and people who know best. Whether he speaks english obviously means something to you, maybe a show of his commitment!? Didn't Coppello say he was going to learn english in a year or something to that effect, much good that did him!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I would love someone to find just one quote where I have said I dislike him...I think I have said over time that, he is the best player I have ever seen in the stripes. I am lucky to have seen such a player play for the club. He is a class above this division etc etc.....But even if we signed Lionel Messi in five years time on £200k a week and we never saw the bloke, I would say he was a waste of space.

I wish i could search for the old thread, this is like deja vu all over again!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
So the person who does not know why we dislike Palace knows Vicente does not go to english lessons as a fact so he is now a liability, Interesting:facepalm:

I know why we dislike Palace just not sure why it matters now as they are shite and we are on the up- end of. Liability part is actually to do with the lack of game time from the spainish wizard not the fact he looks totally disinterested and also doesnt attend his english lessons- just saying

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I know why we dislike Palace just not sure why it matters now as they are shite and we are on the up- end of. Liability part is actually to do with the lack of game time from the spainish wizard not the fact he looks totally disinterested and also doesnt attend his english lessons- just saying

Looks disinterested? When exactly has he looked disinterested? Every time he has been on the pitch, he has looked more than interested... and when not, he probably looks pissed off that he is injured and can't get on the pitch... Did Dicker look disinterested last season? Hoskins this?

And you arent sure why the Palace rivalry matters? I mean REALLY? When they were in the top division and we were in the 4th tier do you think they thought that the rivalry didnt matter? It matters - and always bloody will whatever the status of the two clubs, end of...

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

Why do you insist on spouting this points per games crap and blaming it on Vicente?

People keep pointing out to you that it's a stupid statistic as it doesn't take into account the opposition, the other players on the pitch, how many minutes he was on the pitch or what he may have actually contributed (shots/assists/pass ratio/goals)

Yet you still regurgitate it....

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

THE STATS ARE f***ing POINTLESS.... they do not take into account context, e.g opposition, other players, time on pitch etc ... FFS, I don't know why I bother, I may as well try to explain quantum physics to a hamster

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
If he was such a liability why did Gus and Tony work so hard to bring him back? I would just leave it to the club and people who know best. Whether he speaks english obviously means something to you, maybe a show of his commitment!? Didn't Coppello say he was going to learn english in a year or something to that effect, much good that did him!

If your constantly a no show on saturdays but you are working your cock off, off the field (not just physical training) then this is exactly what i mean...be part of it and get your hands dirty , turn up for your english lessons, go round the hospitals for the kids, do some school trips..you with me?

Last edited:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Looks disinterested? When exactly has he looked disinterested? Every time he has been on the pitch, he has looked more than interested... and when not, he probably looks pissed off that he is injured and can't get on the pitch... Did Dicker look disinterested last season? Hoskins this?

And you arent sure why the Palace rivalry matters? I mean REALLY? When they were in the top division and we were in the 4th tier do you think they thought that the rivalry didnt matter? It matters - and always bloody will whatever the status of the two clubs, end of...

demeanor thats all, having said that i would probably be looking f***ed off sitting on the bench next to spadge and brez every week... The rivalry is great im not knocking it, maybe im just getting on a bit?!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
If your constantly a no show on saturdays but you are working your cock off, off the field (not just physical training) then this is exactly what i mean...be part of it and get your hands dirty , turn up for your spanish lessons, go round the hospitals for the kids, do some school trips..you with me?

Has every other player who has been injured done what you have suggested (apart from the english lessons)? Or have they focussed on attempting to get back to full fitness? Do all of our players regularly go to hospitals and schools, or are you singling out the easiest target to have a go at?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here