Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vincente- A liability?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Quote of the month! Well done TB. :bowdown::clap2:

In response to the OP, he's injured. He'll recover, get back in the team, and wow us all with his skills.

Also, from your post referring to him as a luxury player that we can't afford, I assume you know how much he earns. In which case, spill the beans...

In defence of OP i think he means a luxury player . ie not cost but type of player that we cannot afford as he is not available week in week out

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In defence of OP i think he means a luxury player . ie not cost but type of player that we cannot afford as he is not available week in week out

Fair enough - maybe I'm too used to people coming on here and spouting nonsense about players' wages.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
So, surely this sillyness should be aimed at Hoskins as well, he's "always" injured too.......

He's often injured, that's a given but if he wasn't we'd never have got him in the first place. Non-injury prone and he'd walk into a lot bigger clubs than us.

It's worth having him as even if he only plays half a dozen games (hopefully more), that could make the difference of having that extra point (s) that end up getting us promoted.

Besides, he's not "taking the place" of anyone else who could come in, we don't have a "full" squad after all...

And another thing, people really need to stop reading too much (or anything!) into what the Argus prints. It's just a rag trying to fill up column inches.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hmmm. Someone with only 107 posts seems to be starting a heck of a lot of threads, all of them recycled.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Definitely an asset, definitely not a liability.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Definitely an asset, definitely not a liability.

Technically , Vicente isn't an asset. As there is no historical cost from when Brighton signed him, so in accounting terms, he cannot go on the balance sheet as an asset as it is impossible to place an accurate value on him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
FFS! Weren't there a number of threads like this last year and a lot of people ended up with egg on their face?!

He is absolute class and the only reason we have him is because of his fitness record but if we just get a few performances from him that help us it is worth having him. The way I see it, any game we get to watch this genius in action in the stripes is a bonus and a day I never thought I would see.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Finally somebody who actually reads the thread properly. This is not the same as the last 25 threads on V I C E N T E as its now and present and we are into a new season !!
A luxury player who doesnt play who we can ill afford being the whole point!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

I dont know the exact amount but he will be on half decent money as he wouldnt even of considered moving to us if it wasnt a sizeable amount..Either way I see this wage as going towards a CF for example who we may see play 2 in 4 games + per month

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here