Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa fan here in peace!

avfc_loyal

Jan 21, 2010
Kingstanding, Birmingham
Hello Mr.AVC.

Would you recommend driving to and parking in Birm centre as quicker/ cheaper/ safer than going straight to ground?

Go and win the League Cup and leave the FA Cup for us.

Definatley, park in town then get the No. 7 bus or hop on the train from New Street which is 5 mins to Witton (near away end/away pub) or Aston (10 minute walk/near the Villa pubs, etc.)

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Not quite sure, probably be lucky to reach 20,000, combination of things like saving money to go to other games (Wembley) and even though ticket prices are quite cheap there is a lot of unemployment currently in the West Midlands so attendances for all WM clubs have been down the past 2 seasons. Atmosphere in the home areas will be next to nothing compared to last nights if any of you watched it.

And how could I forget Standing and John Gregory? :laugh:

Over 35,000 sold, great guess of a lucky max of 20,000 for a supporter :facepalm:

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Its always best to park near the ground as its closer to the motorway network.There are pubs near the ground which have parking plus you can you can have a pint.It wont be a capacity crowd plus its a low profile game for Villa so enjoy!

entente cordiale

Nov 12, 2005
Its always best to park near the ground as its closer to the motorway network.There are pubs near the ground which have parking plus you can you can have a pint.It wont be a capacity crowd plus its a low profile game for Villa so enjoy!

Cheers! We'll enjoy it, come what may.

Villadan

Jan 22, 2010
Alright lads,

Hope you have fun tomorrow

We will definitely see more than 20k tomorrow I reckon their will be 30k Villa after the semi final win.

Agree with the lack of atmosphere from our support it will probably be non existant bar a few Que sera's sure your lot will make up for the quietness though.

Parking around the ground is generally fine we have been parking around the ground for years and only ever been broken into once when they stole my dads post office jacket!! As long as you pay the little black lads a couple of quid you will be ok!!

The Cap N Gown is the away pub and you have a whole half of the pub to yourselves as well as a big beer garden for a sing song not many Villa go in, most pubs around Villa charge a couple of quid to get in.

No idea what team we will put out but a few of the kids should play so we should see Delph, Delfouneso and hopefully Albrighton.

Anyway good luck

avfc_loyal

Jan 21, 2010
Kingstanding, Birmingham
Alright lads,

Hope you have fun tomorrow

We will definitely see more than 20k tomorrow I reckon their will be 30k Villa after the semi final win.

Agree with the lack of atmosphere from our support it will probably be non existant bar a few Que sera's sure your lot will make up for the quietness though.

Parking around the ground is generally fine we have been parking around the ground for years and only ever been broken into once when they stole my dads post office jacket!! As long as you pay the little black lads a couple of quid you will be ok!!

The Cap N Gown is the away pub and you have a whole half of the pub to yourselves as well as a big beer garden for a sing song not many Villa go in, most pubs around Villa charge a couple of quid to get in.

No idea what team we will put out but a few of the kids should play so we should see Delph, Delfouneso and hopefully Albrighton.

Anyway good luck

I wouldn't say the atmosphere will be non-existent, Brighton bringing this many will provoke the Villa boys and make for some brilliant banter!

atomicjam

Jan 3, 2010
What about the "Hare of the dog " pub by the Uni?
Ok,for away fans? (not wearing colours)
Cheers

Not been in there for a while but in the past I have seen many away fans in there and no bother. I would advise, for those with the time, going into the City Centre, finding a nice bar/pub and then a taxi to B6 for the game. The chain pubs are a waste of time imo (at best functional) in any town/city. Not sure how you will get on getting in with football colours but the following pubs are all close to each other and are all way better than any Wetherspoons:-

Bennetts (Bennetts Hill)
The Wellington (Bennetts Hill)
The Old Joint Stock (Temple Row West)
The Old Contemptibles (Edmund Street)

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Well for our previous 4 home cup games against lower league opposition we have barely managed 25k. And the question asked for how many home supporters would be there so I answered using evidence from previous home cup ties against lower teams...

£15 tickets.

6-4 win previously.

Into the final of the carling cup, excitement and ambition all round.

4th round of the FA CUP. Not the carling cup or what not, the FA. Plus, a chance to get to round 5, nearer to the final.

A chance to see how some of the youngsters may be progressing.

Lucky to get 20K. :rolleyes:

avfc_loyal

Jan 21, 2010
Kingstanding, Birmingham
£15 tickets.

6-4 win previously.

Into the final of the carling cup, excitement and ambition all round.

4th round of the FA CUP. Not the carling cup or what not, the FA. Plus, a chance to get to round 5, nearer to the final.

A chance to see how some of the youngsters may be progressing.

Lucky to get 20K. :rolleyes:

We'll see, I think you queerville dwellers may have your expectations set too high...

villain

Jan 22, 2010
Another shout for the Old Joint Stock, lovely boozer in an old Victorian bank.

They can be a bit sniffy about football colours, mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here