Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Villa fan here in peace!

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Oh ok then, I hope you all have a shite day, you all get mugged in Brum and your coaches break down and blow up, and you get attacked by the Villa fans...

That better?

yes much better you sad midlands boring nothing club that looks a bit like west ham muppet. Mugged in brum? Its friggin Brum not Joburg. You are more likely to bore me to death

villain

Jan 22, 2010
Been recommended both these pubs as away friendly by a couple of people including a BCFC fan, so what is the deal??

The Briar Rose is a Wetherspoons - I shall say no more. THe Hill next door is better.

The Yard of Ale is a little basement pub on New Street.

The only reason to possibly want to go there is that it was one of the pubs blown up in the pub bombings, and when you see the low ceilings and the lack of escape routes, you'll understand why so many people died there.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
yes much better you sad midlands boring nothing club that looks a bit like west ham muppet. Mugged in brum? Its friggin brum not joburg. You are more likely to bore me to death

why don't you f*** off you little prick, these aston villa fans come in peace. You little cock!!

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
why don't you f*** off you little prick, these aston villa fans come in peace. You little cock!!

sorry forgot my manners and my harry potter hair cut - enjoy holding hands, and we must be nice to everyone these days - yes of course we are so grateful to play aston boring villa! i hate football these days. Bring on Orient away

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
sorry forgot my manners and my harry potter hair cut - enjoy holding hands, and we must be nice to everyone these days - yes of course we are so grateful to play aston boring villa! i hate football these days. Bring on Orient away

It’s the FA cup, forget Palarse etc, Villa fans are here to help us with pubs, parking and a few with banter unlike most fans. I just think it’ll be nice to show them some respect. After Villa you can be let of your leash and I’ll not say a word.

Ruskin Hall Aston

Jan 21, 2010
drink, parking, and banter, you can have it all at Ruskin hall, victoria rd, Aston, b6 5hp, 0121 327 0980, all Brighton fans very welcome, Spread the word

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Twitten (Don't Bogart that Joint) 6 = 9

I think the original poster, AVFC_Loyal came in peace!

I know what you mean. But I've been there before. It is like a different country. They don't unnerstand Sussex banter and their beer tastes funny.

Beware, you think you are getting on OK and then it flares up! It is worse in Brummieland than anywhere else (except perhaps Manchester?)

PS: I think the way their club is run is very good. A model even. In past experience, the locals warned about the local burgers being unedible, whilst others were out for aggro! They were under the illusion that Brighton was a prosperous place. It ain't f***ing true.

You gotta keep cool, cause they won't unnerstand. They want you to be just like them and when you behave in the anarchic Sussex way they go ape shit!

Last edited:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
drink, parking, and banter, you can have it all at Ruskin hall, victoria rd, Aston, b6 5hp, 0121 327 0980, all Brighton fans very welcome, Spread the word

brilliant but slightly shamless...

non-branded-black-bath-plug-includes-18-chrome-ball-chain.jpg

it looks like 6500 fans will be drinking you dry tomorrow.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Mafia

It’s the FA cup, forget Palarse etc, Villa fans are here to help us with pubs, parking and a few with banter unlike most fans. I just think it’ll be nice to show them some respect. After Villa you can be let of your leash and I’ll not say a word.

I've been through this shit before with the Villa Mafia. Don't believe it !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There was another 'away pub' as recomended by both Villa fans and OB, the Cap n Gown. Arrived around 1.50pm to find the doors being closed and people being asked to leave. Police on duty directed us to the nearest 'offy and let us drink on the street.

Different.......

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
There was another 'away pub' as recomended by both Villa fans and OB, the Cap n Gown. Arrived around 1.50pm to find the doors being closed and people being asked to leave. Police on duty directed us to the nearest 'offy and let us drink on the street.

Different.......

Shit pub but packed with Albion, got some good noise going in there.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
We got to the Rushkin Hall about 1.20. Walked straight in, straight up to the bar and was ASKED if we were waiting to be served. Just supping the first when we bumped into Hiney, lovely to see you again mate, and then Kery Mayo.

Found friends, who we said we would meet there, and had a superb hour or so in there with great atmosphere, singing, chanting etc.

Well done landlord for the invite.

Ruskin Hall Aston

Jan 21, 2010
To all the 100s of brighton fans who attended my club yesterday, you were a great crowd, you sang, drank and had a good time, your a credit to your football team, hope life gets better on the pitch, once again a big thank you 2 all, PAUL,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here