Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente ~ Where is he?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
As much as he is a sublime talent, he doesn't want to be here. I honestly think that he is using the "injury" scenario, to piss off Gus and Tony, in the hope that he is released in January. I hope I'm wrong, but his body language, in the last 10 minutes, against Cardiff leads me to believe otherwise.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What most people forget time and time again is that vicente had exactly the same injury problems at Valencia. Hence why they got rid.

They would spend weeks getting him ready then he would mysteriously get injured again. In the end they ran out of patience.

It's nothing personal against Brighton. I'm sure it will be the same at elche if he goes there.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
What most people forget time and time again is that vicente had exactly the same injury problems at Valencia. Hence why they got rid.

They would spend weeks getting him ready then he would mysteriously get injured again. In the end they ran out of patience.

It's nothing personal against Brighton. I'm sure it will be the same at elche if he goes there.

Exactly. It sounds possible we have reached the point Valencia reached. I hope I'm wrong.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
All the negative posts on this thread = :facepalm: NONE OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING

Got to laugh at some of the conspiracy theories that people are coming up with... Hes injured agian get over if ffs.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Looking back at Gus quotes in The Argus over the past few weeks and then looking at the business we did in the transfer window you could be forgiven for thinking Gus now views Vicente as Plan 'B', rather than Plan 'A'.

Gus genuinely doesn't seem to have a clue as to when Vicente is fit / is likely to be fit, and it's striking that he brought in 3 players in the final 2 days of the window that can all play a similar role to Vicente. Our recent results show how having a settled side is desirable.

I like Vicente as much as the next man but with the family / Elche / competition for places / recurring injury issues I just can't see him being the guy to take us to the Promised Land.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
but his body language, in the last 10 minutes, against Cardiff leads me to believe otherwise.

To me he looked like someone who was clearly not fit. Gus later backed this up, suggesting he shouldn't have used him for those 10 minutes, that it was "too soon".

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Well tell us what you know.

Slight niggly injuries which prevented him from playing a couple of games. Returned to light training the other day so should be ready for Sheffield Wednesday or Watford. He also personally said he would like to stay here "a few more years" a couple of weeks ago.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Slight niggly injuries which prevented him from playing a couple of games. Returned to light training the other day so should be ready for Sheffield Wednesday or Watford. He also personally said he would like to stay here "a few more years" a couple of weeks ago.

Not douting u but can u provide links to these...?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Not douting u but can u provide links to these...?

Yep

Vicente faces a battle to get back in From The Argus) - The one about returning to training.
Notable quotes for doubters - "Vicente is due to return to training today with the rest of the squad" (28th August)

And this - Tough summer - but Vicente is glad to be back at The Amex From The Argus)
More notable quotes from only 1 month ago (things would not have changed that quickly)
“I want to play in England, and in Brighton, more than anywhere else"
“It WAS a difficult situation because I love it here and I wanted to keep playing football here"
“Hopefully we have a good season and I sign for more years here"

You highlighted my point about him being ready for Sheffield Wednesday. I don't know that for a fact, but you'd think he would be ready for it after 2/3 weeks of getting fit.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Could be worse. Could be a west Am fan reading this...................................

West Ham striker Andy Carroll has been ruled out for between five and six weeks with a hamstring injury.

The 23-year-old withdrew from England's World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine after limping off 68 minutes into his debut against Fulham.

A scan has revealed that Carroll's hamstring injury is serious, ruling him out of one Capital One Cup and four Premier League games.

Carroll joined the Hammers on loan from Liverpool last Thursday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep

Vicente faces a battle to get back in From The Argus) - The one about returning to training.
Notable quotes for doubters - "Vicente is due to return to training today with the rest of the squad" (28th August)

And this - Tough summer - but Vicente is glad to be back at The Amex From The Argus)
More notable quotes from only 1 month ago (things would not have changed that quickly)
“I want to play in England, and in Brighton, more than anywhere else"
“It WAS a difficult situation because I love it here and I wanted to keep playing football here"
“Hopefully we have a good season and I sign for more years here"

You highlighted my point about him being ready for Sheffield Wednesday. I don't know that for a fact, but you'd think he would be ready for it after 2/3 weeks of getting fit.

Thanks.

Lots to pick holes in there too (for ex 'due' to return to training - did he?) but that's standard Argus sortve stuff (no follow up I assume). As you say, nobody knows anything...

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Try "slightly niggly injuries that have prevented him from playing about 30+ games".

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
We all knew that Vicente is a fragile, yet wonderful player last season but when he is fit again he's just so amazing to watch.

As someone else said on this thread, when he's on the pitch you just can't seem to take your eyes off him. He's mesmerising.

Obviously he's been to the Gus Poyet School of Hypnosis.

Let's just not expect him to play 90 minutes every game. He's too special and when he does play, it makes the waiting all worthwhile.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If/when he's able to play for us, we'll enjoy it. When he can't, we'll enjoy all the other great players we have. The Amex is already a lot better than last season due to being finished, and it should be a great season on the pitch too. Being a Brighton fan has never been so enjoyable. Still, we aren't one of the favourites for promotion, so perhaps we should get rid of Bloom and Gus, they're a f***ing waste of space.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Oh, you've already forgotten last season, have you? :facepalm:

What you mean when he played the last 10-15 games and dominated the opposition? When he returns for Sheffield Wednesday what's to stop him going on another run like that. Seeing as he played against Cardiff with the injury he has now shows its nothing major...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here