Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente ~ Where is he?

perry digweed

Oct 21, 2003
Brighton
Do you think he is over here on his own at the moment then ? ie no family with him ? . Could explain gus quotes. May have let him go back to Spain over the international period ?.. Just a hunch and not trying to fan flames here !

That's exactly what I put it down to.. I think his wife and new born are probably back in Spain, he had a couple of friends over to keep him company and he has now returned home to spend some time with his family.

I saw somewhere that Bruno has also gone back to Spain to see family until Wednesday, but most of the team were training yesterday. Bruno has also said recently that he hasn't seen his family for three weeks, I think the club are probably allowing both players to go home for a few days during the break, which is fair enough.

Hopefully he's just recouperating, is visiting his family, and will be back wearing the stripes with a big smile on his chops, ripping off his shirt when he scores a spectacular 25 yarder after going round 10 of the opposition players... rápidamente!

Last edited:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Talking of unhappy, passed Will Hoskins this morning on the way to work. Looked as miserable as sin.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Bit of a leap to assume he's gone back to Spain isn't it? Waiting for him to be fit for training, is how I read that.

Exactly. Absolute no news here, just a continuation of the on-going story of his battle for fitness.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Let's not forget that the reason we have managed to lure more classy Spaniards is BECAUSE of Vicente...probably.

Anyway Pork Pie I see you have decided to give slagging off CMS a rest, I hope that you are not about to start on Vicente now????

This, anyone who wants vicente out is mad.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Let's not forget that the reason we have managed to lure more classy Spaniards is BECAUSE of Vicente...probably.

Anyway Pork Pie I see you have decided to give slagging off CMS a rest, I hope that you are not about to start on Vicente now????

Ha ha, very funny.

I have stopped moaning about CMS as he has actually scored two cracking goals at long last. Long may that continue.

I am genuinely worried that Vicente is missing playing, because he is superb when he is fit and playing.

Now we have other options, I am sure the team will be less reliant upon him, and he will be able to "express himself" even more freely. If not, based upon our limited expenditure on transfers (indicating limited funds) and the fact he is on high wages, we could be spending the money elsewhere.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Exactly. Absolute no news here, just a continuation of the on-going story of his battle for fitness.

You would hope so wouldn't you. Time will tell.

One thing is certain, he does appear to be a bit of a wimp, missing games with minor niggles. Perhaps someone should explain we all get aches and pains as we get older? He would never be able to play rugby.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We've made some excellent signing's but the Dagger is still our best player by far.

He was fit for the Chelsea match as was the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

When he is 100% he is in the team imo.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
You would hope so wouldn't you. Time will tell.

One thing is certain, he does appear to be a bit of a wimp, missing games with minor niggles. Perhaps someone should explain we all get aches and pains as we get older? He would never be able to play rugby.

Do you know what the "minor niggles" are?

For all we know, he could be suffering mental health issues similar to those experienced by Marcus Trescothick, and if that is the case, then he's been incredibly strong to handle it as well as he has. Perhaps colitis, which Piercy had, and it ended his career, as he could never get and stay fit enough. If that's the case, then again, it's been a herculean effort to get as fit as he has, as often as he has.

Have you considered that they are perhaps managing a "condition" that the player himself doesn't want made public? We do not have a right to know his full health record.

Obviously, it may just be niggles, and he may be a whimp, but the truth is we don't know, it COULD be a very different story altogether.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Do you know what the "minor niggles" are?

For all we know, he could be suffering mental health issues similar to those experienced by Marcus Trescothick, and if that is the case, then he's been incredibly strong to handle it as well as he has. Perhaps colitis, which Piercy had, and it ended his career, as he could never get and stay fit enough. If that's the case, then again, it's been a herculean effort to get as fit as he has, as often as he has.

Have you considered that they are perhaps managing a "condition" that the player himself doesn't want made public? We do not have a right to know his full health record.

Obviously, it may just be niggles, and he may be a whimp, but the truth is we don't know, it COULD be a very different story altogether.

Now now, don't go being all sensible. We MUST come up with ideas as to why it is Vicente is taking the piss out of the club and why he just needs to MAN UP rather than not playing because he stubbed his little toe or something

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Followed Lua Lua's Beemer down A27 into training yesterday---------------he drives like he plays---------brake--fast---brake----fast haha!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Now now, don't go being all sensible. We MUST come up with ideas as to why it is Vicente is taking the piss out of the club and why he just needs to MAN UP rather than not playing because he stubbed his little toe or something

Sorry, not sure what happened there. Good point well made!

#clears throat
#slap myself round the face

Tch, I heard it was only a papercut he got opening his latest payslip from the club. FFS fella, we are paying you a fortune to PLAY, not sit around in Spain with a plaster on your index finger. We should get rid, we are a better team without him anyway.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Are we going to have pages and pages of the same crap we had last season when he didn't play? If he was consistently fit he wouldn't be playing at our level. Second guessing/reading between the lines of Gus Says (probably misquoted from the argus anyway) is just a bit too nerdy.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
People read far too much into the smallest of quotes. If Poyet was referring to Hoskins in that quote no-one would have brought it up.
There are two simple things that are going on:
1) He just isn't fully fit yet and has the whole international break to get ready for the Sheffield Wednesday or Watford game. IF he has the same issues as last year (which is unlikely), the medical staff know how to deal with it.
2) He's just had a new child, which is very difficult when you don't speak the language and the only friends he has around him are his team mates.

Once his family have got used to the situation he will be back at 100% fitness both physically and mentally. This thread will surely be :bounce: when he scores a hat trick to send Palace down in March?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Sorry, not sure what happened there. Good point well made!

#clears throat
#slap myself round the face

Tch, I heard it was only a papercut he got opening his latest payslip from the club. FFS fella, we are paying you a fortune to PLAY, not sit around in Spain with a plaster on your index finger. We should get rid, we are a better team without him anyway.

Perfect

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here