Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente ~ Where is he?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Do you know what the "minor niggles" are?

For all we know, he could be suffering mental health issues similar to those experienced by Marcus Trescothick, and if that is the case, then he's been incredibly strong to handle it as well as he has. Perhaps colitis, which Piercy had, and it ended his career, as he could never get and stay fit enough. If that's the case, then again, it's been a herculean effort to get as fit as he has, as often as he has.

Have you considered that they are perhaps managing a "condition" that the player himself doesn't want made public? We do not have a right to know his full health record.

Obviously, it may just be niggles, and he may be a whimp, but the truth is we don't know, it COULD be a very different story altogether.

Maybe?

So you can speculate on what the hell you like, but others can't?

:ffsparr:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Maybe?

So you can speculate on what the hell you like, but others can't?

:ffsparr:

Quite the opposite actually. Some people on here don't speculate at all about Vicente, they have made up their mind that it is him being lazy, or a malingerer, or earlier this summer, he was going to just refuse to return etc.

Speculation is what this place is all about, what I don't agree with is when people treat something as fact, when we have absolutely no idea of what the truth is.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Vicente might be the difference between promotion and a mid-table position.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
vicente-bed.png

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
He's got a fitness issue and is prone to injury. No more complicated than that. I'm sure he'll be back by Birmingham, if not before.

Why did we work to retain his services, when right after a 3month rest/recuperation period he is out due to medical problems?
My gran may not jink through midfields like Speedy Gonzales' ghost, but she could do better than one outing a month.

I am reminded of Ledley King's travails and tribulations with Spurs.
Yes he was an outstanding talent but there's the suspicion that their fortunes may have actually suffered from their focusing on his on/off fitness.

Last edited:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
From the Argus article about Dobbie:

" Poyet is still after a target man once the loan transfer window opens but seized the chance to snap up the Scottish striker for three years, with doubts persisting over the fitness of Spanish playmaker Vicente .

We have been waiting for Vicente,” Poyet said. “He could be training with us but, when you don’t know what is going to happen, you try to make sure you have got someone who is going to help us open up defences and he (Dobbie) does that. "

Does anybody know what is the (real) problem now?

Is he actually in the UK, or back in Spain with "family problems"?

His fitness will always be doubtful, get used to it. We will never see him playing consistantly.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Vicente might be the difference between promotion and a mid-table position.

Unfortunately, judging by last season, we could be converted from the former to the latter by him returning and getting a run in the side. Or perhaps the team will be more on his wavelength with the increased quality of the squad?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see Elche are top of the Spanish Second Division, 3 wins out of 3...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I see Elche are top of the Spanish Second Division, 3 wins out of 3...

Yep and that winger of theirs in the blonde wig who the Elche faithful have nicknamed 'The Digger' and who has been slicing through opposing defences like a knife/dagger through butter is the catalyst of it all apparently. All sounds very dodge.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Elche carry on winning and are still top at Christmas I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal being done.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Elche carry on winning and are still top at Christmas I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal being done.
I'd be more surprised if the deal isn't done already.
I think TB has used Vicente, and a lot of his money, to send the message around football, he'll not be 'played'.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I get the impression though that Gus is also sometimes confused as to Vicente's fitness, wellbeing etc, so are these niggles "official" or self-diagnosed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here